Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare (605 Views)

20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read) / The Holy Spirit The Enabler Of Spiritual Growth / Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition

Before you became a Christian, you floated downstream with the other dead fish. But now, God has put His life within you, and you will find yourself swimming against a threefold current: the world, the devil, and the flesh. Let’s look at these three resistant enemies.

Our first enemy is the world, which refers to the sinful, rebellious, world system. The world loves the darkness and hates the light (John 3:20), and is governed by the "prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2). The Bible says the Christian has escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. "Lust" is unlawful desire, and is the life's blood of the world—whether it be the lust for sexual sin, for power, for money, for material things. Lust is a monster that will never be gratified, so don’t feed it. It will grow bigger and bigger until it weighs heavy upon your back, and will be the death of you (James 1:15).

There is nothing wrong with sex, power, money, or material things, but when desire for these becomes predominant, it becomes idolatry. We are told, "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"; whoever is "a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (1 John 2:15; James 4:4).

The second enemy is the devil, who is the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4). He was your spiritual father before you joined the family of God (John 8:44; Ephesians 2:2). Jesus called the devil a thief who came to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).

The way to overcome him and his demons is to make sure you are outfitted with the spiritual armour of God (Ephesians 6:10–20). Become intimately familiar with it. Sleep in it. Never take it off. Bind the sword to your hand so you never lose its grip. The reason for this brings us to the third enemy.

The third enemy is what the Bible calls the "flesh." This is your sinful nature. The domain for the battle is your mind.

If you have a mind to, you will be attracted to the world and all its sin. The mind is the control panel for the eyes and the ears, the centre of your appetites. All sin begins in the "heart" (Proverbs 4:23; Matthew 15:19). We think of sin before we commit it. James 1:15 warns that lust brings forth sin, and sin when it's conceived brings forth death. Every day of life, we have a choice. To sin or not to sin—that is the question. The answer is the fear of God. If you don't fear God, you will sin to your sinful heart's delight.

Did you know that God kills people? He killed a man for what he did sexually (Genesis 38:9,10), killed another man for being greedy (Luke 12:15–21), and killed a husband and wife for lying (Acts 5:1–10). Knowledge of God's goodness—His righteous judgments against evil— should put the fear of God in us and help us not to indulge in sin.

If we know that the eye of the Lord is in every place beholding the evil and the good, and that He will bring every work to judgment, we will live accordingly. Such weighty thoughts are valuable, for "by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil" (Proverbs 16:6).

"In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine to them" (2 Corinthians 4:4) The Evidence Bible.

http://wayofthemaster.com/10principles/principle05.html
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by vickyO(f): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
OK
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
vickyO:

OK

Okay oh!
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by vickyO(f): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Okay oh!
I agree with you on this. what's with the exclamation mark?
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:

I agree with you on this. what's with the exclamation mark?

Thanks for the clarification. My exclamation mark was actually a false alarm. wink
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by vickyO(f): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for the clarification. My exclamation mark was actually a false alarm. wink
smiley ok then.
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO:

smiley ok then.

I remember one bernimoore giving you some joy sometime ago.

vickyO:

this bernimoore dey gimme joy........

1 Like

Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 07, 2013
grin
OLAADEGBU:

grin
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bidam:

grin grin

I kept wondering what was giving her joy. undecided
Re: Principles of Spiritual Growth — Warfare by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
The joy of the Lord is my strength. Praising God at all times is actually a spiritual weapon against the enemy. wink

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Pastor Chris E. Kwakpovwe / Why Late Nelson Mandela Is In Hell- Jim Solouki And Martin Baker / Affinity Of Number On Your Digital Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.