Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? (1099 Views)

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by sharubutu(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
A friend of mine who lives in the Netherlands came home some weeks back to celebrate the completion of his mansion. To celebrate the event, he made an order of two trailer loads of assorted beer. To my greatest surprise, within the space of three to four hours the two truck load of drinks had been exhausted. It got me wondering if alcohol consumption is actually sinful enough to get one into hell, and also considering the number of persons that consume alcohol the world over. What is your take on this?
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by Debeloved87(m): 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Drink but dont be drunk
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by Ajibam: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
stay on the safe side by Not drinking at all
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by ACITYOFTRUTH: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
The Bible says give wine to him that is perishing Pro 31:5-6,it impairs ur faithful and perfect judgment,it takes away the heart if that is not hell enough i wonder what else,levites(saints)are not to take it Leviticus 10:9,if it seems as a poison then avoid it,he that brakes an hedge the serpent shall bite him Ecc 10:8,u might av been allowed b4 due to ignorance but simply begin 2 ask 4 grace 2 resent it as u wil resnt poverty or failure.u can easily wish that u were rich u can also wish that u avoid potation(drinking)too with a passion don't wait 4 the repercussion of irresponsibility it may be too painful.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
ACITYOFTRUTH: The Bible says give wine to him that is perishing Pro 31:5-6,it impairs ur faithful and perfect judgment,it takes away the heart if that is not hell enough i wonder what else,levites(saints)are not to take it Leviticus 10:9,if it seems as a poison then avoid it,he that brakes an hedge the serpent shall bite him Ecc 10:8,u might av been allowed b4 due to ignorance but simply begin 2 ask 4 grace 2 resent it as u wil resnt poverty or failure.u can easily wish that u were rich u can also wish that u avoid potation(drinking)too with a passion don't wait 4 the repercussion of irresponsibility it may be too painful.

your moniker should be ACITYOFLIES

Lies....this is cherry picking and building block on opinion....pls come with clean lies. Here are some bible verses supporting alcohol...

Deuteronomy 14:26
King James Version (KJV)

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before theLord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

^^^that is instruction on buying strong wine with your tithe which is inspired by God. What is strong wine?

Psalm 104:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

^^^you were lying that wine is for those perishing....here bible is saying it for those happy for wine make man glad from the heart.

Lastly 1 Timothy 5:23
King James Version (KJV)

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

^^^medically, alcohol is good for our health. Spiritually, it spark our swag. And theologically, the bible instruct us to make the belly alive with alcohol.

Palm wine was created by God for a purpose....alcohol of life from the heavens. You shouldn't have lie cuz the spirit of wine will move us to the hidden truth.

#glass in the air

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
sharubutu: A friend of mine who lives in the Netherlands came home some weeks back to celebrate the completion of his mansion. To celebrate the event, he made an order of two trailer loads of assorted beer. To my greatest surprise, within the space of three to four hours the two truck load of drinks had been exhausted. It got me wondering if alcohol consumption is actually sinful enough to get one into hell, and also considering the number of persons that consume alcohol the world over. What is your take on this?

Are you kidding pls? What is two truck meant for? To serve the whole city or invited guest? Na wa o.

Next time, buy ten bottle of monkey tail and add enough green grass....it will replace two trucks of alcohol and most of invited guest will walk back home with heads
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ OP your friend is asking for a death sentence, too much of something is not good, you loose focus on what's important and end up with stories that hurts.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: @ OP your friend is asking for a death sentence, too much of something is not good, you loose focus on what's important and end up with stories that hurts.

then I better not attend logicboy freedom party. I cant drink mineral mehn.

Is palm wine also a sin? Bible backing pls
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

then I better not attend logicboy freedom party. I cant drink mineral mehn.

Is palm wine also a sin? Bible backing pls
lol, did they have palm wine in those days? tongue
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by ayoku777(m): 5:38am On Oct 31, 2013
You are asking if it is SINFUL ENOUGH? Its not even a sin. Jesus himself drank wine. And the cup of communion the early church drank is also wine. Just don't get drunk, that would be wrong on every level.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:20am On Oct 31, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol, did they have palm wine in those days? tongue

yes. Palm tree has been for a very long time. Alcohol from the heavens. Lol
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2013
ayoku777: You are asking if it is SINFUL ENOUGH? Its not even a sin. Jesus himself drank wine. And the cup of communion the early church drank is also wine. Just don't get drunk, that would be wrong on every level.

If that be the case, believing in christ and faith should be minimize before it gets into ya head.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

yes. Palm tree has been for a very long time. Alcohol from the heavens. Lol
lol but seriously whatever that makes you loose your mind, to the extreme of doing what you wouldn't dare do while sober is not good. Palm wine inclusive.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol but seriously whatever that makes you loose your mind, to the extreme of doing what you wouldn't dare do while sober is not good. Palm wine inclusive.

nah....only weak mind say that.

Palmwine symbolize purity.

She is clothed in a white heavenly flowing robe

Every man love to kiss her....some insect rest in her bosom....some birds hug her....some animal rest close to her.

She is beautiful like an angel with snowing hair.

She is not a prostitute but goes for every one that want her.

She is girlfriend, boyfriend and a kind mama...

Kiss her so that she take you up high where you can heaven and earth.

She make a weak man strong.

She tell guys 'say everything you got to say honey'

she make you do what you got to do.

She is the guidance angel from God.

Fight of long time turn to friendship in the calabash she gave.

You cant just say the bad side of all because a man that love woman too much is really bad....it called mumuism or madness. Same goes for the royal palm wine....lol.

Give ya boo natural wine....those chemicals and handmade beer are poisonous. Give it to buddy after a special African dish so that he bless you. This is how our mothers did it and they had beautiful and successful children. Christianization brought divorce, spoil child upbringing and war torn family hold.....palmwine bring peace, love, unity and friendship.

What now is your take?
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by bizmahn: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by bizmahn: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam: stay on the safe side by Not drinking at all
Wisdom cries but who will harken.The deep things of God are for those that take God seriously.
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by macof(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Alcohol is not bad, wat is bad is getting drunk. Tho Obatala devotees don't dare taste alcohol
Re: Is Alcohol Consumption Sinful Enough To Take One To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
macof: Alcohol is not bad, wat is bad is getting drunk. Tho Obatala devotees don't dare taste alcohol

Orunmila and Ogun devotee taste it.

(1) (Reply)

*my Question For Any Interested Party.* / Sunday Bible Quiz Competition - Win Recharge Pins For FREE! / So You Say That There Is No God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.