Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige (1413 Views)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
The All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate in the 16 November governorship election in Anambra
State, Senator Chris Ngige says the state is now the 20th poorest in Nigeria under the tenure of
Governor Peter Obi.
Ngige said at a fund raising dinner in Lagos,
southwest Nigeria, that during his first tenure as
governor, Anambra State was one of the richest
states in the country but lamented that things had
changed as the state had been plunged into deep
poverty.
“It is not about me. It is about our children and the
future of the state. We have the human and
financial resources to make Anambra State a place
everyone would like to go to. Statistics don’t lie.
While I was there, Anambra was one of the richest states in the country, today we are the 20th in
poverty ranking in the country. We must look at people based on who they are and their ability to
deliver. The party they belong to is secondary,” he stated.
He said his eight-year blue print to develop the state was jettisoned abruptly with most of the
strategic projects left undone, while pledging to utilize the abundant human and financial resources
of the state to make it a livable place for everyone,
“When they ask what I forgot at the Government House, I tell them I forgot my work plan for
Anambra State. I will dust the blueprint when I get back there to rebuild Anambra State.
“Security has to be restored in Anambra State as well as unfettered freedom of movement, equity
and fairness. With my team of dedicated people, I will complete the implementation of all that was
left undone in my blueprint,” he said.
Ngige debunked the notion that APC was a Yoruba party, saying that “the All Progressives Congress is
not a party for any tribe. It is not a Yoruba party and Yorubas can never own it. It is not Hausa party;
the Hausas can never own it. It is not Igbo party, Igbos can never own it. It is a Nigerian party for
the progress of Nigeria. I say this because of the propaganda being peddled by the APGA government
in Anambra State.”
He noted that Anambra citizens were afraid to come home for fear of being killed or kidnapped,
saying that “our people now engage a retinue of policemen and soldiers to accompany them when
visiting home. This never happened when I was there. I want to bring back those glorious days. You
must begin to visit your homes. This is the primary function of any government. Any government that
fails to secure life and property has failed.”
Speaking, Governor Babatunde Fashola called on Anambra people to vote massively for Ngige as he
had the needed experience to take the state to greater heights.
He asserted that out of all those who have offered themselves for the governorship of the state,
Ngige was the most experienced man for the job, adding that experience is key to the business of
governance.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Speaking, Governor Babatunde Fashola called on Anambra people to vote massively for Ngige as he
He asserted that out of all those who have offered themselves for the governorship of the state,
Ngige was the most experienced man for the job, adding that experience is key to the business of
governance.
Fashola told the gathering of prominent Igbo
businessmen and women at the Lagos House,
Marina venue of the event that, “experience is
very key in this business. So, if you support him
things will happen quickly because he has held
that office before and that is experience. He has
Federal Civil Service structure experience; he
served as a director in the Federal Civil Service.
The driver of government is the Public Service.
That is experience.”
According to him, “no government will survive or succeed without parliamentary support. Dr. Ngige is
now a Senator so he has also had the experience of the other side so he knows what it means,
especially serving as an opposition Senator, to reach across the axles to do things and to get the
government going.”
Citing his experience on being elected Governor in 2007 to emphasize the importance of experience,
Fashola said because he was in government of the state for four years as Chief of Staff to his
immediate predecessor, assuming duties as governor was not stressful because he already had the
experience of office modalities.
“When people ask, what is the secret here? I say I was in government, in the Governor’s Office for
four years; it was a quick platform from which to take off. That is experience. So from day one, I
knew what to do with the file. That is what is on offer for you to choose in this election,” he
explained.
Also speaking, former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, described Ngige as “a good man, very
committed to the welfare of the people and committed to the progressive calling,” adding that during
his first coming, there were serious challenges which he was able to handle in addition to the many
achievements of his administration.
“He had the challenge of an incumbent President who would not be his friend, the challenge of
insecurity and the challenge of workers. At the same time he was able to concentrate on the peoples’
welfare. Teachers’ salaries that were not paid for over one year were paid. The arrears of pension
and allowances of retired people were paid.
“If you take away the salaries from people, the ordinary housewives and traders in the market will
not make money. Without salaries, they could not sustain families and if they could not sustain
families that would create greater challenges such as insecurity. The fact that he tackled it and solved
it was a sign of a committed individual with good vision,” he said.
“I appeal to you to accept Ngige as an actualiser who could change Anambra. If you give us Anambra
and you give us Imo in the progressives, you will see that the entire East will change. Go round the
southwest, you will see performances. All you need is a catalyst, a good example that will be now
widespread,” he added

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/10/17/anambra-20th-poorest-state-under-gov-obi-ngige/

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
It is just a matter of days for him and his stooge, Obaino to be kicked out.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by RareDiamond: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
THIS SHOULD BE A CASE BETWEEN BETWEEN APC AND APGA SUPPORTERS AND NOT ANAMBRA VERSUS IMO STATE. THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE ARE NOT IN SUPPORT OF A BIGOTED, TRIBALISTIC AND CONFUSED PARTY. CHINO AND CO TAKE NOTE. APGA HAS THE SUPPORT OF THE GOOD PEOPLE OF IMO STATE. ONYE AHANNA NWANNE YA!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gbanikiti(m): 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is just a matter of days for him and his stooge, Obaino to be kicked out.
can't wait for it to happen quickly before anambra becomes the poorest state in nigeria.

Ngige all the way! cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by egift(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ngige all the way. It will be well with Anambra State. I will be glad if Soludo can be engaged in the government of Chris Ngige. Anambra have the capacity to be among the very best.
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gbanikiti(m): 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
egift: Ngige all the way. It will be well with Anambra State. I will be glad if Soludo can be engaged in the government of Chris Ngige. Anambra have the capacity to be among the very best.
you're very correct!

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Zonacom(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
A gov that was kidnapped during his tenure is here telling lies about security. Ngige should take it easy with his lies.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by chieflowo: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ifeanyi Ubah all the way. No keke must ke!
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by BrokenTV: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
berem: Speaking, Governor Babatunde Fashola called on Anambra people to vote massively for Ngige as he
governance.
Fashola told the gathering of prominent Igbo
businessmen and women at the Lagos House,
Marina venue of the event that, “experience is
very key in this business. So, if you support him
things will happen quickly because he has held
that office before and that is experience. He has
Federal Civil Service structure experience; he
served as a director in the Federal Civil Service.
The driver of government is the Public Service.
That is experience.”
According to him, “no government will survive or succeed without parliamentary support. Dr. Ngige is
now a Senator so he has also had the experience of the other side so he knows what it means,
especially serving as an opposition Senator, to reach across the axles to do things and to get the
government going.”
Citing his experience on being elected Governor in 2007 to emphasize the importance of experience,
Fashola said because he was in government of the state for four years as Chief of Staff to his
immediate predecessor, assuming duties as governor was not stressful because he already had the
experience of office modalities.
“When people ask, what is the secret here? I say I was in government, in the Governor’s Office for
four years; it was a quick platform from which to take off. That is experience. So from day one, I
knew what to do with the file. That is what is on offer for you to choose in this election,” he
explained.
Also speaking, former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, described Ngige as “a good man, very
committed to the welfare of the people and committed to the progressive calling,” adding that during
his first coming, there were serious challenges which he was able to handle in addition to the many
achievements of his administration.
“He had the challenge of an incumbent President who would not be his friend, the challenge of
insecurity and the challenge of workers. At the same time he was able to concentrate on the peoples’
welfare. Teachers’ salaries that were not paid for over one year were paid. The arrears of pension
and allowances of retired people were paid.
“If you take away the salaries from people, the ordinary housewives and traders in the market will
not make money. Without salaries, they could not sustain families and if they could not sustain
families that would create greater challenges such as insecurity. The fact that he tackled it and solved
it was a sign of a committed individual with good vision,” he said.
“I appeal to you to accept Ngige as an actualiser who could change Anambra. If you give us Anambra
and you give us Imo in the progressives, you will see that the entire East will change. Go round the
southwest, you will see performances. All you need is a catalyst, a good example that will be now
widespread,” he added

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/10/17/anambra-20th-poorest-state-under-gov-obi-ngige/
akuko na egwu somebody that was kidnapped as a Governor talking about security. egift from which part of anambra are you.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gramci: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chris Tunde Ngige we de wait for you cheesy
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Chamackh(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
The master of do or die politics. Ngige and his followers are all buch of liars. If Anambra is that poor the govt of the day would have gone borrowing. Gone are days when government offices and properties are burnt down by thugs who disagree with him. Ndi Igbo wants orderliness and ife emelu nma in the whole of Igbo land. Say no to Desperadoes.
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gbanikiti(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
I appeal to you to accept Ngige as an
actualiser who could change Anambra. If
you give us Anambra
and you give us Imo in the progressives, you
will see that the entire East will change. Go
round the
southwest, you will see performances. All
you need is a catalyst, a good example that
will be now
widespread,” he added

On point Fashola! cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by asha80(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
gramci: Chris Tunde Ngige we de wait for you cheesy
this your post cracks me up whenever i see it.
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by atlwireles: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Anybody calling Anambra the 20th poorest state in Nigeria, need to have their head examined.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Chamackh(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: I appeal to you to accept Ngige as an
actualiser who could change Anambra. If
you give us Anambra
and you give us Imo in the progressives, you
will see that the entire East will change. Go
round the
southwest, you will see performances. All
you need is a catalyst, a good example that
will be now
widespread,” he added

On point Fashola! cool
which performance are u talking about in the west? Here in lagos Alimosho precisely no good road, no water. Nothing to write home about. Praying to God to take me back to East. The ngige you are campaigning for, apart from the few kilometers of road he did, can u tell us what he did in other sectors of the economy?
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gbanikiti(m): 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chamackh: which performance are u talking about in the west? Here in lagos Alimosho precisely no good road, no water. Nothing to write home about. Praying to God to take me back to East. The ngige you are campaigning for, apart from the few kilometers of road he did, can u tell us what he did in other sectors of the economy?
you don't need to pray to God to take you back to the east. With less than 5k you are on your way home. Not by force to live in Lagos. You hear? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Chamackh(m): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: you don't need to pray to God to take you back to the east. With less than 5k you are on your way home. Not by force to live in Lagos. You hear? tongue
Your claim that we are witnessing massive infrastructure development in the west is a lie. The level of development is not in commensurate the hype. You are no longer berem but linus mbah
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by gbanikiti(m): 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chamackh: Your claim that we are witnessing massive infrastructure development in the west is a lie. The level of development is not in commensurate the hype. You are no longer berem but linus mbah
its not a claim but a fact! That is why Ngige should become Anambra Governor. cool
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Chamackh(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: its not a claim but a fact! That is why Ngige should become Anambra Governor. cool
can u just answer the question posed to you? Apart from road , may I know other sectors of the state economy that Ngige worked on when he was dey? Ngige and his group burnt down the state infrastructures when they fell apart. Kindly get your facts right.
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Chamackh(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
When ur Ngige was their, all the government agencies are on a rented buildings before Obi came and built everything. What we witnessed was burning down of government properties and you want us to return to that? Never!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Lilimax(f): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2013
Zona.com:
A gov that was kidnapped during his tenure is here telling lies about security. Ngige should take it easy with his lies.
grin
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Lilimax(f): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles: Anybody calling Anambra the 20th poorest state in Nigeria, need to have their head examined.
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by investnow2013: 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Yes It is Trueooo!!! ANAMBRA-STATE WAS THE 20th POOREST STATEs WHEN NGIGE WAS THE GOVERNOR!, BUT NOW, ONE OF THE RICHEST STATEs IN NIGERIA!
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by investnow2013: 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
Although I respect Ngige, but the more He carry on running down The little progress being recorded by his Opponent in his own State, He is making himself to look a bit stupid & selfish! Why should Ngige lie Simply because He is desperate to Be A GOVERNOR?

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by investnow2013: 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Onitsha is now attracting serious Investments which was not the case during Ngige! Awka is also in The News for the right Reasons unlike in The Past! Nnewi City is attracting more Investments than ever! Please can somebody tell Ngige to Focuse more on Policies Than Lies!

1 Like

Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by spade: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
"20th Poorest" can also mean "17th Richest" to the optimistic, right? grin
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
spade: "20th Poorest" can also mean "17th Richest" to the optimistic, right? grin
which of the two sounds better then? grin
Re: Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige by Kingsley1000(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles: Anybody calling Anambra the 20th poorest state in Nigeria, need to have their head examined.
IS TRUE,IF NOT THAT ANAMBRARIANS ARE HUSSLERS AND ENTREPRENEUR...WAT'S GOVERNMENT INPUT TO THE STATE??

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Jonathan Orders Oyinlola Reinstated? / Another Deputy Governor Lynched By The Lynch Mob Group / Photo Of The Day: Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha Riding A Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.