Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,264 members, 7,954,030 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother (1673 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
HI,my husband is on my nake that i am the one that suppose to take care of his mother instead of her three daughters. what do u think? pls i need ur opinion on this.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by vickynne(f): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
yes my beloved sister ,don't worry take care of her no mater d suffer u will pass tru.ur blessing awaits u,remember d measure u measure to her,ur own daughter or daughter inlaw will do d same to u.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
i blive what ever goes around, comes back around. Do yours with love n try to put on a smiling face always. Its not gonna b easy but try
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by rachbaby07: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
my sister jst accept her as ur mother, consider she's your mother. and God is going to reward u on that. may God be with u.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by prissyluv(f): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Your blessings awaits you after that.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by greatgod2012(f): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
How is your relationship with your MIL like Because, if all is well between you two, you won't see taking care of her as a problem, regardless of how many daughters she has.
Is there anything you want us to know therefore

But no matter what, remember that every DIL is a potential MIL.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by pickabeau1: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
BLOSSOM20: HI,my husband is on my nake that i am the one that suppose to take care of his mother instead of her three daughters. what do u think? pls i need ur opinion on this.

Wat kind of care...
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Head and tail but no middle.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by dnacrystal: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
Like it or not, you don't have a say in such things. Just 'jejely' obey your husband to avoid problems. Better still do it with love, hoping that one day your DILs will do the same for you.
Your MIL is your mother too and if you have a good or at least normal relationship with her, this should not be a problem.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
You shouldn't do this if you feel that you can't do it or if you feel that you have to force yourself to do it.
I'm wondering whether the people who spoke before me have ever taken care of elderly people, especially sick ones.
It is a very tough task to perform even if it is your own mother. You must love this elderly person VERY VERY much to be able to cope with the emotional and physical stress that Comes along with it. A daughter in law should not do it if the woman has got three daughters AND a son! You can help and assist your husband and his sisters but don't do it if you feel that you can't.

How old is your MIL? Is she sick? What kind of care does she need?

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by EfemenaXY: 7:16am On Oct 31, 2013
BLOSSOM20: HI,my husband is on my nake that i am the one that suppose to take care of his mother instead of her three daughters. what do u think? pls i need ur opinion on this.

Why don't you start by giving us the complete story, rather than your very one-sided view aimed at seeking sympathy from posters here?

What sort of arrangement(s) did you have with your husband before getting married? Did you agree to look after his mum just to get that ring on your finger, and now that you've got it, you wanna backtrack on your side of the deal?

Was his mother already living with him, long before you showed up and now you're married, you feel you can't live under the same roof as her as it would entail you 'looking' after her?

Speaking of which, what exactly do you mean by taking care of his mother? Is she elderly? Disabled? Or needs the odd assistance every now and then? If so, then I must tell you, you sound very selfish and un-African. You're the typical example of the self-centred daughter-in-law who pretends to be nice and once married, shows her real colour.

Why're you even comparing yourself to your three sister-in-laws? Dem send you? You're just trying to make them sound bad! I'm sure, if truth be told, they probably live quite far off from your MIL and you being the closest (distance wise) feels p!$$ed off about it.

Woman, I don't buy your story. You sound like a real trouble maker. In your two-lined post, you've managed to diss your husband and sisters-in-law. Infact, for all the wrong reasons, I'll suggest that your MIL be taken far away from you. Na your type dey quick pick fight and one thing leading to another, you'll probably end up poisoning the poor woman.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2013
carefreewannabe: You shouldn't do this if you feel that you can't do it or if you feel that you have to force yourself to do it.
I'm wondering whether the people who spoke before me have ever taken care of elderly people, especially sick ones.
It is a very tough task to perform even if it is your own mother. You must love this elderly person VERY VERY much to be able to cope with the emotional and physical stress that Comes along with it. A daughter in law should not do it if the woman has got three daughters AND a son! You can help and assist your husband and his sisters but don't do it if you feel that you can't.

How old is your MIL? Is she sick? What kind of care does she need?
SHE IS ONLY 57 AND VERY HEALTHY. JUST DAT SHE LIKE TO BE TAKEN CARE OF ALL THE TIME*ND IT PISSES ME OFF
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by tbaba1234: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Efemena, you made a lot of conclusions there from those two lines.

I think it is fair to get a bigger picture first before drawing conclusions. Hopefully, the OP offers that.

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by tbaba1234: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2013
BLOSSOM20: SHE IS ONLY 57 AND VERY HEALTHY. JUST DAT SHE LIKE TO BE TAKEN CARE OF ALL THE TIME*ND IT PISSES ME OFF

You should take it in your stride. She is like your mum and you should treat her like that.
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2013
tbaba1234:

You should take it in your stride. She is like your mum and you should treat her like that.
THANKS A LOT.I APPRECIATE
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2013
tbaba1234: Efemena, you made a lot of conclusions there from those two lines.

I think it is fair to get a bigger picture first before drawing conclusions. Hopefully, the OP offers that.
HOW I WISH I COULD ELABORATE IT,BUT EVEN IF I DID SOME PEOPLE WILL STIL FIND REASON TO RAIN INSULTS . THANKS ANYWAY FOR BEING REASONABLE
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by EfemenaXY: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2013
tbaba1234: Efemena, you made a lot of conclusions there from those two lines.

If she's okay to have her husband, mother-in-law and 3 sisters-in-laws judged on her two-lined post, why shouldn't it be okay for her to be judged on that same post of hers??

I mean, just take a look at this post of hers...

BLOSSOM20: SHE IS ONLY 57 AND VERY HEALTHY. JUST DAT SHE LIKE TO BE TAKEN CARE OF ALL THE TIME*ND IT PISSES ME OFF

Then she goes off to say this:

BLOSSOM20: HOW I WISH I COULD ELABORATE IT,BUT EVEN IF I DID SOME PEOPLE WILL STIL FIND REASON TO RAIN INSULTS . THANKS ANYWAY FOR BEING REASONABLE

Trust me, I haven't insulted you. On the contrary, you're the one bad-mouthing your mother in law here and trying to solicit sympathy from people here, based on your skewered post, madam.

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by bellong: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2013
BLOSSOM20: HOW I WISH I COULD ELABORATE IT,BUT EVEN IF I DID SOME PEOPLE WILL STIL FIND REASON TO RAIN INSULTS . THANKS ANYWAY FOR BEING REASONABLE

How do you expect to get a balanced and reasonable solutions/advice when you intentionally withold tangible and important information.

For the little you have written here, your husband did no wrong by asking you to take his mother as yours. We don't even know if those three sisters are not living in the same state with your MIL.

What I can deduce is that you already made up your mind on what you want to hear and any contrary view will be taken as insult.

1 Like

Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by ummsulaym(f): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Wow! I consider that as an offer because I love the company of old(either very or almost) people...
Back to OP, I am of the opinion that you agree with him... Considering the fact that I don't know who you are, I will also advice that when she finally moves in(if you approve of it), you should be gentle in dealing with her... I am always in the company of old people and they could be very annoying and they tend to complain over little things, don't just worry and smile it over... Give her ears, disagree with her reasonably, make her opinion counts(even if it doesn't) and so on but know that there will be good and bad times(but do not hold grudges)... The relationship between you and her can make(strenghten) or mar your relationship with you man so, be very careful...
You are going to love her and she, love you if you know the right buttons to press...

But dear, if you aren't very good @ relating with people of her age group, I will advice you respectfully disagree(with concrete reason) with your man... You've been married to him and he should understand you if you say NO.... All the best!!!
Re: Husband Insist I Must Take Care Of His Mother by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2013

Send her to a Robbie Williams concert for entertainment grin

My own mother would NOT interfere in my married life if not necessary, neither in my brother's life or anyone else's.
As long as she is able to take care of herself, she will. And I expect EVERYONE to do the same. No MIL in my house as long as she is able to take care of herself all by herself.

It's really conspicous how many people complain about MILs on NL but not so many about FILs! Wicked MILs, drama attention-seeking witches grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

/ irrelevant / Husband Material Chilling Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.