Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location (440 Views)

Keane: Fergie Didn't Want Beckham To Wear No.7 Shirt / David Beckham To Quit L.A. Galaxy / Millionaire Perth Owner Seeks Glory Of Adding Beckham To Roster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location by jammyunn(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
David Beckham has chosen Miami as the location for the Major League Soccer team he intends to set up.
The former England captain is thought to be able to buy the US franchise for a discounted $25m (£15.6m) from MLS.
The 38-year-old's option to purchase a franchise is believed to be part of the financial package he negotiated when he joined LA Galaxy in 2007 as a player.
Beckham said he was "excited" by the prospect of Miami when he visited Florida in June.
Any deal has yet to be finalised but 12 potential investor groups from around the world are said to have made contact with the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan midfielder, who retired in May after making 10 appearances for his final club Paris St-Germain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24737606
Re: Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Is he setting up a new team or buying an already setup team? Anyway, it is good for the MLS. The fastest growing football league in the world.
Re: Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location by jammyunn(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Is he setting up a new team or buying an already setup team? Anyway, it is good for the MLS. The fastest growing football league in the world.
I think he's going to set up his own team. He's just buying the rights(franchise).
Re: Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
jammyunn: I think he's going to set up his own team. He's just buying the rights(franchise).
That's a welcome development and it seems to me that he chose the right location because if i'm right, Miami doesn't have a professional football team.
Re: Beckham To Buy MLS Franchise; Chooses Miami As Location by jammyunn(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's a welcome development and it seems to me that he chose the right location because if i'm right, Miami doesn't have a professional football team.
Miami doesn't. It's also a good location for his showbiz.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel, Enyeama, Emenike, Two Others Nominated For CAF African Player Of Year / Eagles Have Landed In Brazil / Who Do You Want At The World Cup?ibrahimovic Or Ronaldo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.