Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander (2190 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (XI): Crowdfunding / Forex Rally Launches The First Nigerian Forex Championship / New Crowdfunding Site On The Horizon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
NAIJAFUND..THE FIRST NIGERIAN CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM DEBUTS

For some of us, we know but for many other people, do not know what crowd funding is all about. It is a concept where a project/idea is funded by a number of people who believes in such an idea whether for profit or not.
This is a new concept being embraced in the world right now to fund businesses. It is a concept which will really help many people in Nigeria. Talents abound, ideas abound but the complaints most times is that there are no funds to finance such ideas. In a country where the percentage of youths that are unemployed is skyrocketing every year, it is imperative for such platforms to exist where coordinated attempt as to raising money is available.
Unlike other developed Nations where the level of trust is high with the users, we have a level of trust too in this Nigerian crowdfunding but protection of investors or funders are of utmost importance which is one of the most important factors taken into consideration. As an investor, you are to an extent very safe in commiting your funds for a venture either profit or non-profit.
The site is administered by seasoned business consultants and business developers as well as Non-Governmental personnels who can screen NGO projects submitted at the site while the former screens the profit making ventures/projects/ideas submitted to the platform. I am also a member of the admin and my large following on my thread speaks volume coupled with my experience as a business developer and an author of a sought after business ebook through nairaland, linkedin and so on.

I therefore welcome you to www.naijafund.com. Sign up today, start posting your projects, start funding businesses and start making your dreams and other people's dreams to come true.

Who knows you might be funding the next Bill Gates or funding the next facebook.

You are free to ask questions please....Have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 31, 2013
kayjegs: NAIJAFUND..THE FIRST NIGERIAN CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM DEBUTS

For some of us, we know but for many other people, do not know what crowd funding is all about. It is a concept where a project/idea is funded by a number of people who believes in such an idea whether for profit or not.
This is a new concept being embraced in the world right now to fund businesses. It is a concept which will really help many people in Nigeria. Talents abound, ideas abound but the complaints most times is that there are no funds to finance such ideas. In a country where the percentage of youths that are unemployed is skyrocketing every year, it is imperative for such platforms to exist where coordinated attempt as to raising money is available.
Unlike other developed Nations where the level of trust is high with the users, we have a level of trust too in this Nigerian crowdfunding but protection of investors or funders are of utmost importance which is one of the most important factors taken into consideration. As an investor, you are to an extent very safe in commiting your funds for a venture either profit or non-profit.
The site is administered by seasoned business consultants and business developers as well as Non-Governmental personnels who can screen NGO projects submitted at the site while the former screens the profit making ventures/projects/ideas submitted to the platform. I am also a member of the admin and my large following on my thread speaks volume coupled with my experience as a business developer and an author of a sought after business ebook through nairaland, linkedin and so on.

I therefore welcome you to www.naijafund.com. Sign up today, start posting your projects, start funding businesses and start making your dreams and other people's dreams to come true.

Who knows you might be funding the next Bill Gates or funding the next facebook.

You are free to ask questions please....Have a nice day!

Good idea, trash implementation. Hence, you'll probably see little or no crowds, and further, less funding.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Muztapha....why did you say that? Can you PM me? Crowds are coming in.....
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by idid: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2013
I am not going to pat you on the back - this is a very rubbish implementation... take the site offline and start all over.

You have many successful examples, so there is no excuse to implement this trash.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2013
I will prefer you PM me to tell me what it is. We are being careful to implement the way others are implementing because this is Nigeria. Though almost everything will be changing now to give it a Nigerian or African look. But the site was brought out to sensitize people about crowd funding which is relatively new even all over the world. It will be better implemented. I want people to start commenting. Thanks for your observation.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by idid: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
You are an entrepreneur, your job is to offer entrepreneurs and investors a veritable platform to meet. Forget about sensitization, that belongs to the ministry of propaganda.

Go to crownfunder
Kickstarter
Crowncube
Indigogo

And so many of them out there. You can improve on what they have done, but there is a lot of homework to do. It's not simply an online business. There is a lot of resources that must go into it as well.

Naijfund as it is cannot fly and can never fly. You need to do your homework. See all those sites up there and see how it is done.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Idid....before I started I knew what I want to do. This is Nigeria not America. And mind you when you introduce a new concept to people, they must understand it well before you can start making a headway. I hate being compared to someone else e.g comparing naijafund to kick starter or what have you. Sure one can learn from others but you have to apply what you have learnt to your situation. The way online business can be run in Nigeria is different from the developed world. You can't use the same approach. Ask commerce b2b operators and online shopping operators in Nigeria and they will tell you it isn't as they thought it will be because of where they came from. so they must use the Nigerian approach. they have to sensitize people well before they make headway. So forget the fact that naijafund isn't going anywhere. I was in Germany last year, I studied their system too. And I live in Nigeria so I understand how it goes here. Thanks
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by idid: 12:57am On Nov 03, 2013
I have sent you an email but I don't believe what you're saying.

There is something they call model replication in business and that means that if a concept is good, you copy it and tweak it to your own situation and that is all I am saying.

If you're going to do it your way, I am sure you will get to some point and find that it yields no result because that is not how it works.

To fly, get things right, do your homework properly and if you're a business person, you will know that all you need is a good marketing effort once you launch - not a public sensitization program. You are not the ministry of information or investment.

I have sent you an email, if you follow it up I will provide any support I can.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 1:23am On Nov 03, 2013
@Idid... I have replied your mail. But ask the likes of Jumia, Kaymu and others what they have been passing through, then you will understand this is Nigeria. You may not understand the way I do things, but one thing you should know is that this guy starting this stuff knows what he is doing. Like I am saying, it takes starting a venture in Nigeria to know that conventional ways of doing business abroad may not likely apply here. You have to do more than necessary.
Maybe I should use this opportunity to educate people wanting to start online businesses in Nigeria. I was promoting an escrow payment system in Nigeria some few years back and this was the method used. it was already going to be very successful until my partner left for a job at the bank. However, we were still on it until we had a robbery attack where two laptops, hard drives and any form of backup was stolen from my friend's place and we lost all the codes we have been building all the while. This made the work to be suspended for some time. Do you know what? Even as at that time, we have not started, people kept contacting us of when we want to start and so on. We already made the necessary marketing and so on. I have also been involved in B2B ecommerce, online marketing and so on for some years now, so I think I know what I am doing even if it looks like a half baked job.. this is Nigeria. I can give advice for free for those online start-ups wanting to start anything in Nigeria. And I can tell what could turn around the fortunes of the online shopping platforms we have in Nigeria now. It is not the way it is done in the developed world, you have to do it the Nigerian way.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 1:25am On Nov 03, 2013
Things improve with time....its good to have feedbacks in any business you do. In this case, it looks weird but that is it.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by idid: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
I read your email and your NL comments and think it would be right to wish you well and see how it goes.

So I will keep an eye on Naijfund and see where you can push it in few months.

All the best.
Re: Naijafund..the First Nigerian Crowdfunding Platform Debuts By A Nairalander by kayjegs: 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Idid....thanks so much. Very grateful.

(1) (Reply)

Investment Cost Of Stone Quarry Crushing Plant In Nigeria / Get A Brand New Car this year With a one time investment of 18k / She Refuses To Confirm My Payment On MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.