Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,807 members, 7,862,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms (634 Views)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Youngzedd(m): 2:24am On Oct 31, 2013
It has emerged that the voter’s card, the instrument which enables citizens to cast their votes for the election has turned into a marketable commodity in some communities in the state.
Politicians are being accused of procuring voters’ cards at the rate of N5000 each in Aguleri and some neighbouring communities.
It was gathered that gullible villagers have been falling prey to the development and as they part with their voters’ card, they inform others and the business has been booming.
A very reliable source said yesterday that apart from Aguleri, that the business is also booming in villages in Anambra East local government area where two of the major governorship candidates, Tony Nwoye (PDP) and Willie Obiano (APGA) hail from.
It was learnt that following the development in the area, people from the neighbouring Ayamelum local government have been trooping to Anambra East to also sell their cards for N5000.
An official of INEC, however, dismissed the market, saying that with what the commission has put on ground, it would be useless for such cards to be used by anybody.
He however warned that it is an offence for anybody to purchase voters cards, adding that anybody caught would face the wrath of the security agencies.
Why we are behind Nwoye -PDP
PDP State Chairman Prince Ken Emeakayi has buttressed reasons for putting the support of the state PDP machine behind the candidate, Tony Nwoye.
In an interview following the Court of Appeal judgment, Emeakayi said that besides the order of the courts, that Nwoye overwhelmingly won the party primaries that had several other party giants like Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu, Jerry Ugwoke, Emma Anosike among others as participants.
“You know PDP is a law abiding political party, we abide by court decisions. Nwoye won overwhelmingly the primaries of the party after which the Federal High Court in its judgment gave judgment in favour of Ukachukwu and which was why the party obeyed and now, the Court of Appeal has given judgment in favour of Tony Nwoye.
So, the party is bound by the judgment.”
He rebuffed insinuations that the court order came after the deadline for the substitution of party candidates saying:
“Going by the provisions of the Electoral Act after submission it is only the courts that can alter that and that is what the court did and it has nothing to do with the deadline.
Meanwhile, we have been campaigning. As you are aware, the name of the candidate is never on the ballot, it is the political party. We have been campaigning and we are ready for the election.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/anambra-sale-voters-cards-booms/
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by jerrymania(m): 2:26am On Oct 31, 2013
wetin dem nor go sell for that area.
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Jeel: 3:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Naija,land of possibilities
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by biafranqueen: 4:01am On Oct 31, 2013
But your card has your picture on it
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Kingsley1000(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2013
Jeel: Naija,land of possibilities
...My brother,they came to my residence yes'tday,the area was filled with brim,don't knw dat's d tin dat's going on.
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Youngzedd(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2013
Aguleri and Ayamelum

Obiano and Nwoye villa.

PDP and APGA want to over rig this election.

Shine your eyes shocked shocked Ndi Anambra.
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Valto(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2013
If anyone is buying up voters card from aguleri (obiano's kinsmen) that should be either ngige or ubah.They are probably buying it, to reduce the number of eligible voters in aguleri .. But i wonder how many voters card they can buy to achieve their wicked plan..
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by saintvc(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2013
Anambra, home of buisness
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Valto(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Youngzedd: Aguleri

Obiano and Nwoye villa.

PDP and APGA want to over rig this election.

Shine your eyes shocked shocked Ndi Anambra.
your reasoning is very poor. A bought voters card is practically useless. Their main of buying it, is to drastically reduce the amount of valid voters in obiano's village.. If agpa ever wanted to buy voters card, i believe they would av started from ngige's hometown alor cos they know his town will definitely vote apc. my point is: apga does not need to buy voters card from the people of aguleri cos its their stronghold
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by asha80(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Valto: your reasoning is very poor. A bought voters card is practically useless. Their main of buying it, is to drastically reduce the amount of valid voters in obiano's village.. If agpa ever wanted to buy voters card, i believe they would av started from ngige's hometown alor cos they know his town will definitely vote apc. my point is: apga does not need to buy voters card from the people of aguleri cos its their stronghold
apga machinery needs to sensitise the populace on the dangers on selling their card.
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Valto(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2013
asha 80: apga machinery needs to sensitise the populace on the dangers on selling their card.
yeah, they dont seems to know that they are hampering the chances of their son obiano from winning the election.. Apga need to act fast before the opponents buys off the voters card of the people that are meant to vote for them
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Youngzedd(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2013
Valto: your reasoning is very poor. A bought voters card is practically useless. Their main of buying it, is to drastically reduce the amount of valid voters in obiano's village.. If agpa ever wanted to buy voters card, i believe they would av started from ngige's hometown alor cos they know his town will definitely vote apc. my point is: apga does not need to buy voters card from the people of aguleri cos its their stronghold

HOW MUCH WERE YOU PAID
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by obitwo: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2013
There is sooooo much poverty

Protesters in support of corruption get 4k

Voters card sold for 5k

Soooooo much poverty
Re: Anambra: Sale Of Voters’ Cards Booms by Valto(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Youngzedd:

HOW MUCH WERE YOU PAID
i own my business. I only exposed your myopic way of reasoning

(1) (Reply)

Shekau Releases New Video, Claims Responsibility For Yobe Attack / . / PDP Backs Omehia Against Amaechi In Tenure Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.