Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,766 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Strike Continues - ASUP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike Continues - ASUP (781 Views)

ASUU Strike Continues / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike Continues - ASUP by Solutioncrib: 4:49am On Oct 31, 2013
The National President of Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Mr Chibuzor Asomugha, has stated that ongoing strike embarked upon
by the union will continue until the Federal Government meet their demands.

He made this known at the 12th ASUP National Delegates Conference (NDC) at the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, on Wednesday.

According to him, the union was prepared and its members determined to pursue their course.
Mr Asomugha told the delegates that Elder Orwell Onukaogu, who
unilaterally dissolved Abia State Polytechnic, Aba executive union, “must certainly leave the office.”

The chairman of the occasion, Dr Obasi Oko of the Nekede Polytechnic,urged polytechnics to involve in research like their university counterparts.

Before declaring the conference open, the Rector of Poly Nekede, Dr (Mrs) C.U. Njoku, said “Antagonism can not take us beyond our current positions as the progressive trend is that of collaboration and cooperation.”

Read The Latest News Trending And Gossip Here Now
Re: Strike Continues - ASUP by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2013
ASUP and ASSU should just shut the 4uc*k up. We're tired of all this strike ish, close all the skools. Rubbish!!
Re: Strike Continues - ASUP by vocalprince(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Oga Jona abeg jst give me 1 night to rule dis contry and U will wake up to witness total turn-around in education sector. My strategies will include;
1) Scrape ASUU, asup, nans, nut and other yeye bodies.
2) Arrest all their members and jail them for 50 year. Probably before they are freed, education kpalaver would be a thing of d past as even U S of A will patronize nija universities(how is that possible)
3) Lastly, all d lecturers that have participated in bribery and sexual harrasment will serve jail terms depending on the number of girls(for male lecturers) and guys(for sexy female lecturers) they have been involved with, and the number of students wey don sort them to pass(dedy body go plenty for jail be that o!).
Thank U Mr. President as I patiently await ur approval of my humble request. My regards to Our Big MUMMY P.
Re: Strike Continues - ASUP by Abuklaw(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
I am more nervous about asup strike. Why will a body like that be so heartless and insensitive to its subject plight? We've spend most of this year gregorian calendar on strike.
Re: Strike Continues - ASUP by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Oh boy! I forgot ASUP is also on strike....they dont seem to be in d limelight like our dearly beloved ASUU... ASUU and ASUP, e haff reach o! D students r tired

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly Holds Entrance Examintion / Tasued 2014/2015 Post Utme (180 Cut Off) / Do People Still Learn SHORTHAND?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.