Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House (23133 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Buhari Was Stoned In Bayelsa, Says Governor Dickson / Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by vizboy(m): 7:10am On Oct 31, 2013
Bayelsa State Government on Wednesday demolished a one-storey private building owned by Governor Seriake Dickson because it obstructed the Right-of-Way as well as intruding on the state Capital City Master Plan. .

The demolished building, which had been marked by the Capital City Development Authority on June 28, 2012, was situated along the Opolo/AIT Road, Yenagoa, the state capital.

The demolition, which began about 12.48 pm, was supervised by the Deputy Governor John Jonah; Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr. Lawrence Ehwrudjakpor; Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Markson Fefegha; Commissioner for State Capital City Development; and Mr. Konugha Zuwa.

Other structures affected by the demolition exercise included that of the Director General of the State Agency for the Control of AIDS, Dr. Temple Iluma.

Jonah told journalists that the location of the Governor’s house obstructed the Right-of-Way, hence there would be no compensation for him.

He said, “In line with the development control of the CCDA and urban renewal of the state, the government awarded contract for the dualisation of the road. Anyone who has built structures on the Right-of-Way should expect such buildings to be demolished.

“We have been talking about the master plan as well as some areas where we have to carry out urban renewal. For the master plan, we expect every builder to go and get clearance before he or she starts to build to see the extent that he can go outside the road.

“One of the houses we have found to have interfered with the plan of Yenagoa is this one-storey structure belonging to the Governor. On the advice of the CCDA that is concerned with development control of the state, the house was marked since last year for demolition. And you know we have awarded contract for the dualisation of the Opolo Road.”

However, some Yenagoa residents on Wednesday said the exercise was politically-motivated, notwithstanding that the governor’s house was affected.

The residents, who claimed that only a section of Dickson’s building was demolished, said the exercise was a strategy to enable the government to demolish buildings of perceived opponents without causing public outrage.

None of the complaining residents however agreed to be quoted.

In his comment, Ehwrudjakpor said the demolition had been on for some time and listed the affected areas to include Ovom, Igbogene, Imgbi, Diete_Spiff and Eradiri road expansion.
http://www.punchng.com/news/right-of-way-bayelsa-demolishes-dicksons-private-home/

www.informng.com/bayelsa-demolishes-gov-dicksons-house/

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2013
To build a bigger mansion?

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2013
Kamanda: To build a bigger mansion?

Or better still , to collect more money as settlement.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by raytony: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2013
Mshewww! All na wash jare.

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by LMAyedun(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Who is Bayelsa and who is Seriake Dickson...

Na wash Jare!!!!!
No be Naija we dey? Na strategy.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Dre19: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2013
i dey laugh grin

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by saintvc(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Leadership by example

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2013
I'm smelling something here, the most foolish man is a man who is telling himself lie. that's all i have to say

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by U09ce: 9:42am On Oct 31, 2013
POLITRICKS

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 31, 2013
I wish a news update can be carried out in about two years time.
Smh.
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by imsparkling(f): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Hello people! Am just here 2 have fun........I don't knw anytin about politics or football, though am a chelsea fan. Hello once more

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Demolished without compensation or with compensation?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by WizPrince1(m): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2013
Oh What Again?
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by xynerise: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2013
Demolish a house worth Tens of million and rebuild another one worth hundreds of million. Na today?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by fpeter(f): 9:45am On Oct 31, 2013
Then he will loot them blind to erect a modern edifice
penny wise..............
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2013
imsparkling: Hello people! Am just here 2 have fun........I don't knw anytin about politics or football, though am a chelsea fan. Hello once more
Spent 8 hours 7 minutes on this forum with only 18 posts and NO topis. Following just 1 member.... Thats enough prove that ur really here to have fun. Ur really a crazy type. I like that!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Lilimax(f): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2013
I'm sure he was compensated heavily for this single act sad undecided
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by dada01(m): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2013
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by tinuolababy(f): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2013
I just dey laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy. Person wey fit build A̶̲̥̅ whole village?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2013
Anoda means of enriching himself
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by yahrant140(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2013
Fundamental error- fake logic
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by tinuolababy(f): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2013
I just dey laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy. Person wey fit build A̶̲̥̅ whole village?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by leonshom(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2013
A Yoruba proverb says “ile oba t'ojo, ewa lo bu si” smiley
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Exjoker(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2013
FP tins 2day...mctwww mak...hu get airtym 4 sell hia?
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Whitecoal711: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Deceiving who?
Small picking politic
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Desdola(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
This is trash cos he would be compensated 100 fold of what he spent in building the house.
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Nuvally: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2013
Whether its politrisk or foul play..They did the right thing. Isn't this what u guys want. Being the law doesn't place u above the law...Applaud the act, forget about the motive..u guys bleep GEJ 'cus he is not active...if we start looking at motives, then I guess we've to Give up for Mr.President.

: KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Gwekzy: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2013
I no wan comment make dem no go ban me
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by Intelligentman(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2013
Don't mind them,the same people.Who are they fooling? After everything,they will claim huge amount of money for compensation.
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by ifyalways(f): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2013
Nigerian film trick cheesy

We are not fazed, all na wash.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by nnocurruption: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2013
bjb
Re: Bayelsa Demolishes Governor Dickson’s House by SAZZYSKOLY(m): 9:53am On Oct 31, 2013
SHALLOW MINDS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio Returns Home After His Invitation By The EFCC / Shehu Lawan Replaces Shettima As APC Senatorial Candidate For Borno Central / Joe Ajaero To Undergo Ophthalmic Investigation, Brain Scan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.