Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Travel To Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Lagos (1168 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / GOL Airline To Begin Flights To Lagos / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel To Lagos by opensource(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2008
Hello nairalanders I would want your contribution to this pls.

A good friend of mine will be coming into to lagos from ogun state and I would really like to give her a good trip round lagos just on her Birthday- day . I am budgeting about 20 - 30k for that day , I would like suggestion as places that would be much of a fun to be . She loves dancing and i intend going to a ball dance with her later that evening to close the day.

Apart from that , I just want to make the day a red letter day for her . visit like 3 or 4 places of fun and doing this only as a sign of affection and good friendship no intimacy. since its her birthday, Kindly help me in planning here day
Re: Travel To Lagos by SENATORJD(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2008
no intimacy? u sure?
anyhow there are a lot of places depending on what she likes
1.try ibeche beach, its at satelite town in lagos ijegun area, u go across with a speed boat about 10 mins ride, no agbeross to disturb u unneccesarily. its a quiet place to have fun with your food items your phone with songs and drinks(no intimacy sha oo shocked)
2. cinemas for a movie (numetro/silver bird:galleria)
3. a lot of eateries to grab a bite
st elmos/debonaires(not sure of i got d spelling) for pizza both on adeola odeku VI
ocean view for some nice chinese food its on the island too(can't remember the address)
white house at yaba to grab some correct african dishes wink
4.u could take her to shoprite to go get some stuffs and walk around a bit
5. hmmmmmmm would get back to you can't remember much again

but men 20-30k might not just be enough and convinient especially if u aint mobile (car). with a car u can cover all d this places so as long as it aint a week day o.haven't bin to lagos in a while so dnt know if the road networks are as good as abujas

come abuja guy plenty places dey
sure other folks would be able to give u more and better options
Re: Travel To Lagos by DrObinna(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2008
[My Brother

Well done, i like your mindset so keep it up! I am a tourism consultant, so i felt that ishould be able to help. The best thing to do is (1) Hire a car if you are not mobile so that you will not worry about jumpimg from one taxi to another. (2) Do Cinema togather, Silverbird or nu'metro at the Palms will be your best bet. After that you can do window shopping togather still [/i] at the Palms. (3) You can end the day with a dinner at any good joint within the same locality
ie V.I. or even [/i] inside the Palms.

haveand give her a nice time

wink
Obinna
Re: Travel To Lagos by opensource(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Senator :

I sincerely do appreciate your contribution but please don't find it hard to believe that we are just two people who are persuaded of each others worth and have long been today . Except maybe for later or for her but there is no intimacy.

I am not mobile so I intend going for the Car hire option as it will be easier for us.

I once stayed around satellite and know the ibeche beach but haven't been there. But I want to know if we can cross from there to the island with the boat then connect to a car hire service or do we after the boat ride there , return back there the proceed on road to the island.

I want it all centered around the Victoria Island so I have a list already i might want you to see if u can add or remove

Silverbird Galleria
Amusement Park
st elmos/debonaires ( do they sell Sha-wa-ma because she loves it )
Ocean View ( Chinese meal lol , I haven't taken any before so maybe I just know which is best I can order for )
Shoprite ( Do little shopping )
Boat ride
Helicopter ride
Swimming in Victoria Island ( any good and big pool )( I am a good swimmer - but weather is cold maybe we scrap it out)

@ Dr. Obinna

Thanks I took to your option of getting a car hire service , Please do you have any good one and like what is the cost for a day.

Also i want you to review the list above and make contribution,

I am thinking so many things up my head in as much as I want to make it a red letter day for Her , Its going be a day too for me as I will be doing some nice things first time myself. Yeah I have about 40k for the trip but she would be willing to come up with more should we require more.

Thanks and keeping the suggestion coming
Re: Travel To Lagos by SENATORJD(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
opensource:

@Senator :

I sincerely do appreciate your contribution but please don't find it hard to believe that we are just two people who are persuaded of each others worth and have long been today . Except maybe for later or for her but there is no intimacy.

if you say so who am i to doubt? grin

I am not mobile so I intend going for the Car hire option as it will be easier for us.

I once stayed around satellite and know the ibeche beach but haven't been there. But I want to know if we can cross from there to the island with the boat then connect to a car hire service or do we after the boat ride there , return back there the proceed on road to the island.

dnt think u can link it, u would have to come back to the spot after having ur time at the beach

I want it all centered around the Victoria Island so I have a list already i might want you to see if u can add or remove

Silverbird Galleria
Amusement Park
st elmos/debonaires ( do they sell Sha-wa-ma because she loves it )

funny enough have never asked or checked if they do, i normallygo for pizza,ice cream or their chips but even if they dont, there are places u'd get on the island

Ocean View ( Chinese meal lol , I haven't taken any before so maybe I just know which is best I can order for )

trust me u'd enjoy every bite to the end, their waiters would give u very god options,they are Nigerians there so they would guide your choices

Shoprite ( Do little shopping )
Boat ride
Helicopter ride
from where to where?
Swimming in Victoria Island ( any good and big pool )( I am a good swimmer - but weather is cold maybe we scrap it out)

well Eko hotel and suites has a big pool so u can make do with that or my girlfriends family house grin,dnt swim much so i dnt know many
well if u need more let me know cheers
Re: Travel To Lagos by 419er(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2008
Dr.Obinna:

[My Brother

Well done, i like your mindset so keep it up! I am a tourism consultant, so i felt that ishould be able to help. The best thing to do is (1) Hire a car if you are not mobile so that you will not worry about jumpimg from one taxi to another. (2) Do Cinema togather, Silverbird or nu'metro at the Palms will be your best bet. After that you can do window shopping togather still [/i] at the Palms. (3) You can end the day with a dinner at any good joint within the same locality
ie V.I. or even [/i] inside the Palms.

haveand give her a nice time

wink
Obinna
Bros does it come to your mind that my guy is holding 20 to 30k only? and you're proposing a luxury day for him,
Abegi no let my guy go broke after the good time.
Re: Travel To Lagos by opensource(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
@senator : I have asked some uestion u didnt answer in my last post , please help check and get me answers , Thanks
Re: Travel To Lagos by SENATORJD(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2008
i did go back to it i answered the ones i could in blue ink.
Re: Travel To Lagos by opensource(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2008
Yeah Thans @SENATOR just saw your answers , please recomment here thanks

Boat ride
Helicopter ride

Do you know of any place we can get this done and whats the cost,

Also you didnt mention any car Higher service you know within the Island
Re: Travel To Lagos by SENATORJD(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2008
there is a heliport at ozumba mbadiwe road on the island
caveton(not sure of the spelling).
as regards the cost i dont but, i think u need to be registered there to make use of the facility.

as regards car hire u'd get some at reasonable costs i believe.
i have never made use of one so i dnt knw the range.

u can get rides at a private beach at lekki penisula (la campange tropicana) as well for good rates
its a lovely place to be forgot to include that as well

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Canada / With Air Connect U Can Get Connected To The World / Travel To Europe,america,canada,u.k,china,south Africa,egypt Without Hassles:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.