Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Obd II Port Missing! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Obd II Port Missing! (2807 Views)

Download Free OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Manual / Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner / A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obd II Port Missing! by teeebest(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Hi All,I use Honda Accord 2001 (4cyl 1.8l engine).few weeks ago a friend gave me his scanner to use on my car,but to my greatest surprise I couldn't locate the obd II port.My Mechanic and car electrician tried @ different times but they couldn't locate the obd II port. Is it that my car doesn't have the port? Cos I wanted to buy a scanner but this problem has been an hindrance.
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by kingschild123(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2013
@teebest In '97 the OBDII mandated that they allbe in the same location. With only a few exclusions, they are under the dash
on the driver's side. If you can't see it, it
may have a cover on it.
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by Ikenna351(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Or probably butchered out.

I have scanned a lot of that Accord model. The port is not hidden. So if you can't find it, then wahala dey. grin

By the way, is it American spec or Euro spec? If its Euro spec, is it Factory LHD or RHD convert? If its RHD convert, check under the glove box on the passenger's side. It should be there. But if its American spec, then it should be under the steering wheel ( not sure of Factory LHD Euro spec). If its not there, then you will have to pull out that plastic covering that steering column and look for it. Probably, it was removed from the original position and hanged somewhere there. Otherwise, ..... you know the rest.

Ikenna
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by elektra80: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Its probably a euro spec because I doubt if american spec 2001 Honda accord would come with 1.8L engine. If it was converted then it is probably on the passenger's side. If not then it was probably deleted by the people that did the conversion.
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by teeebest(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks to everyone 4 the response.I'm not really a car tech person,so I can't tell whether the car is American or Europe Spec. All the areas mentioned were checked @ different times with no one locating the port.its only painful that I will live with the fact that my car can't be scanned.hush
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wew1kSk7G8
Google, no matter how insignificant you feel your enquiry might be.
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by micklplus(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
Check behind the small tray that is beside the cigar lighter! Its must be there!!!!!! Pull out that tray
Re: Obd II Port Missing! by teeebest(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
micklplus: Check behind the small tray that is beside the cigar lighter! Its must be there!!!!!! Pull out that tray

Thanks. I will check that out aswell

(1) (Reply)

10 Good-to-know Facts About Honda / Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. / Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.