Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners (2194 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by Cruisez: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
I got one for N7500 and never regretted it. Let me share the experience i had today with you all. I scanned my car after the check engine light came on and got error code P1349. Since it has to do with cleaning or replacing the oil control valve filter, i decided to use the nearest mechanic. First, i explained the signs i have noticed to him. After a quick check, he recommended a change of fuel pump and filter. I smiled then asked him if he knows about the oil control valve filter and he replied no. I quickly googled the picture on my smart phone and he instantly recognised it. After he cleaned it out i drove home wandering what the fate of the owners of the cars in his garage will be.

Go buy a handheld obdII car scanner today and extend the life span of your vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by jodeci(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2013
Go buy a handheld obdII car scanner today and extend the life span of your vehicle.
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by ollyruffy: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2013
I had a similar experience with my RAV4 EGR valve control solenoid. Even when i presented the replacement part to the mechanic, he had no idea where to fix it. I ended up fixing it myself.
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by EvilSirit: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
Where can I get it..my location is Lag
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by lacasa: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nid one for a 2k5 accord 4cyl.

Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by Cruisez: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
I bought mine online. Check auto section on nairaland, dealdey.com, konga.com, jumia.com etc. Make sure you buy from a dealer that accepts return within a specified date incase you choose to buy online. I will post an address you can visit if I find one.
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by subzidi: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
please i need one as well! Our car locking system has gone ga-ga grin It opens itself without prompting and the central lock has been changed yet no improvement and mechanics don chop my oga at the top dry unto this matter undecided!

1 Like

Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by cardoctor(m): 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
Its not all about being able to scan a car and pulling out the codes. Its more about being able to interpret the codes and translate them into solutions. That's where the Challenge is.

There is a very technical aspect of it that should the wrong turn be taken it could result into more issues that could be time consuming in resolving and may leave a big hole in your pocket while the problem persists.

You must understand the inner workings of every system in your powertran operations as well as other supported modules built into your car for you to achieve the desired results.

I will still recommend a better education on the technical theoretical mechanics and electrics of the automobile before venturing into the unknown with a scanner. It may not always be as simple as it appears.

Car-Doctor.
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by Mueeze(m): 1:31am On Sep 05, 2013
The check engine light on my 2000 model Toyota corolla is on. Where can I get it scanned in ibadan?
Re: A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners by awolols(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
i got an ELM 327 interface and it is bluetooth compatible and supports all OBDII protocols. i got an app on my S3 and bingo, i scan my engine anytime it comes up with an engine check light.

all u need is an app on ur smartphone, the device and there u go.
the device is less than $20 from amazon.com.

(1) (Reply)

Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 / Total Coolant - Should I add distilled water to it or not? / £35k Volvo XC60 Is Officially The Safest Car Money Can Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.