Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update (19588 Views)

Paul Boro Spends N157.2m On Armoured Car, And Other Cars – ThisDay / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by wirinet(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
If you go through the chronology of events, lots of things do not add up.
1. On April 15, 2013, NCAA officially requested authorisation from the Federal Ministry of Aviation to procure 56 operational vehicles through lease financing.
2. On May 24, 2013, the response received from the various banks to the Expression of Interest to finance the 56 vehicles.
3. evaluation of the expression of interests was held on May 31, 2013 during which First Bank Plc, Union Bank Plc and Stanbic IBTC emerged most responsive
4. On june 10, 2013 the above three banks were invited to submit Financial Proposals. First bank emerged the highest responsive bidder.
5. Between June 20 and 25, 2013, invoices were received from various accredited motor vehicle dealers during which only Coscharis Motors Limited quoted for BMW Security Vehicles.
6. On June 28, 2013, NCAA Parastatal Tenders Board approved the selection of First Bank Ltd for the Lease Financing as well as Metropolitan Motor Vehicles and Coscharis for the supply of the vehicles. All necessary approvals were duly sought and obtained accordingly.
7. Between July 8, 2013 to August, 12, 2013 various meetings were held with First Bank Ltd, contract agreement was signed and necessary documentation executed.

Contradictions.
1. The armoured cars were cleared from tin can island ports on the 19 of June under the guise of lagos state to avoid paying custom duties.
how come the cars were already in Nigeria on 19th of june when it was on the 28th of june that the NCAA tenders board approved the purchases? when was the contract approved for coscharis to supply the cars. I thought they said the cars were custom build and cannot be bought off the shelf.
2. Mr Seyi Oyefeso, the first bank staff that oversaw the loans said that First Bank granted a loan facility of N643 million for purchase of assorted cars on the 21 of May. Meanwhile the minister said that the contract with first bank was signed on July 8. Mr Oyefeso was not aware of the lease facility involving armoured BMWs.

3. The cars presented to the national assembly commitee was were not the cars in question as the chasis number is different from the chasis number of the ones imported by coscharis. So where are the 2 $1.6 million BMW specialized armoured cars? At least Nigerians deserve to know what $800,000 cars look like. Also where are the papers for the cars? where are the custom papers? the registration papers? the insurance papers? the NSA clearance papers. Let's see something that shows that the cars exist.

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by sammyzacks(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Reps have found a soft landing for madam. Its another "farouk".
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Wirinet God bless you. People like you and Prof Corruption are why I believe in Nigeria.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by IleIfe2(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
“When she came on board as the minister, she inherited a lot of baggage in terms of the concession and lease agreements in the sector, which were clearly not in the interest of the government and people of Nigeria.

“And so, she took bold steps and some of these agreements were reviewed and some were terminated, and these moves disturbed some entrenched interests in the sector, and within this period, she began to receive some imminent threats to her life; therefore, the need for the vehicles.

Shame on Stella Oduah's supporters. No self respect or dignity. ogboju ole. its cultural and genetic. SMH
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:

“When she came on board as the minister, she inherited a lot of baggage in terms of the concession and lease agreements in the sector, which were clearly not in the interest of the government and people of Nigeria.

“And so, she took bold steps and some of these agreements were reviewed and some were terminated, and these moves disturbed some entrenched interests in the sector, and within this period, she began to receive some imminent threats to her life; therefore, the need for the vehicles.

Okay,then why deny the acquisition in the first Place? and why all the Discrepancies in the Purchase? read the above Posts to get an Idea.
what "bold Steps" exactly are those that angered People enough to make Threats on her Life??

im·mi·nent [ímminənt]
adjective
about to occur: about to happen, or threatening to happen

Has she been attacked before? and im not saying she should wait until then...but if she got Threats,where are the Police Records of the Reports she made to that Effect??

please let your mind be Fair and objective in this Issue,don't join them in celebrating Corruption.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by IleIfe2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey:

Okay,then why deny the acquisition in the first Place? and why all the Discrepancies in the Purchase? read the above Posts to get an Idea.
what "bold Steps" exactly are those that angered People enough to make Threats on her Life??

im·mi·nent [ímminənt]
adjective
about to occur: about to happen, or threatening to happen

Has she been attacked before? and im not saying she should wait until then...but if she got Threats,where are the Police Records of the Reports she made to that Effect??

please let your mind be Fair and objective in this Issue,don't join them in celebrating Corruption.

I posted that because she now claims the cars are not meant for her.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
ibedun: Follow Kengali's logic and you can easily decipher a mental block.

Kengali need to answer the question posed about approval. If not needed why was it sought and why was it given?

I do not think I need to respond to every poorly constructed thought.

That the Minister Granted an administrative approval does not mean NCAA does not have a responsibility to follow its laid processes. Following those processes is the responsibility of the DG of NCAA not the Minister. As an example of such process is say the tenders board of NCAA. It has nothing to do with the Minister of Aviation.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:

dont mind the shameless woman. the spokes person told us the cars were bought for her to protect her and it took her almost a week to refute the statement made on her behalf by the spokes person she recruited and that Nigeria is paying for.

She thinks everybody is as dumb as her.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey: I'll ignore this.
I am choosing to Ignore you too
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
KenGali:
I am choosing to Ignore you too
LMAO,my Man grin grin...I ignored THAT Post because it had no bearing on our Discussion,but since then I have made other Posts which require your Attention... Admit there is nothing left to say,Oduah is a Corrupt Inividual,and that's it. and all the Proof you need are in my Posts up there.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by superstar1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
KenGali:

I do not think I need to respond to every poorly constructed thought.

That the Minister Granted and Administrative approval does not mean NCAA does not have a responsibility to follow its laid processes. Following those processes is the responsibility of the DG of NCAA not the Minister. As an example of such process is say the tenders board of NCAA. It has nothing to do with the Minister of Aviation.

oga, i know you are doing the job you are paid to do but stop insulting our sensibilities by giving us defense that are not coherent with the obvious facts.

even 10 SANs will find it difficult to defend this. She needs to hire OJ Simpsons lawyers for this.

in all your explanation, please explain what '' APPROVED, DO THE NEEDFUL'' means. that was written by an approving authority.

it took her 1 whole week to refute her spokes person's statement o -- the car belongs to her boss because she is being haunted (by Ex-husbands)
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Ohhh cheesy cheesy,Your Head dey there joorh. *thumbs up*
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
koonbey:

Stop being diversionary,Is this all you got from my Post above,I deliberately included other Actions Coscharis took which are Criminal,but you chose to ignore them...no problem.

@the Bolded;if you knew a little more about the National Finance,you'd know that;

1.you cannot apply for and get a Waiver to import a Car,and then use said Waiver to import a Tank;which is about the Difference between a "Car" as you put it and the level B7 Cars Coscharis Imported. If you go through the Customs Official's Testimony,you'd see that he as much as called Maduka a Liar;he mis-declared what he intended to Import,if he had,the Payable Customs Duties would have been 10 Million Naira.

2.Waivers,like Tax Umbrellas,are given to very Specific People,for very specific Purposes;You cannot acquire a Tax Umbrella for a Factory Producing Computers,and suddenly sell to someone who plans to produce TVs,and expect the Tax Umbrella to still be respected(correct me if I'm wrong)... Coscharis got that Waiver on the Guise of they being Part of a Lagos State Government Event,then received them and sold them to another Entity entirely,or are you telling me he didn't know whom exactly he planned to deliver them to,even before Payment,that he Imported them on the Off chance of finding a ready Buyer...maybe he even planned to advertise them in Nairaland's Auto Section (Just Landed!!Lot of Two BMW B7 level Armored Vehicles available in Lagos at Giveaway Price...asking 255Million...call 080419419419 ..eh?..

Atlast you are back on tax.
Taxes can be shifted forward, backwards and all what not, as long as the right value for the tax is paid.
Tax is money and not an item, so you are twisting the issue. Your Umbrellas and computers do not cut the analogy at all.

We are talking of cars. If Govt. gave you a waiver of specific value on some cars, and you instead paid the taxes before the waiver was granted. There is nothing stopping you from using the waivers to import replacement stock with the waiver, as long as the value of the waiver was not exceeded.

The cars supplied were stocked by Coscharis, before the contract was even concluded. I see someone asking about it above, feeling smart like he raised a difficult question.

A company can claim tax relief granted say on infrastructural item, and use it to satisfy tax on another item which was not relieved, only to the extent of the value of the first. That is when such a relief was not claimed on the initial item. Like i told you earlier, there is no confusion since tax is money and tax waivers have values.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
superstar1:

oga, i know you are doing the job you are paid to do but stop insulting our sensibilities by giving us defense that are not coherent with the obvious facts.

even 10 SANs will find it difficult to defend this. She needs to hire OJ Simpsons lawyers for this.

in all your explanation, please explain what '' APPROVED, DO THE NEEDFUL'' means. that was written by an approving authority.

it took her 1 whole week to refute her spokes person's statement o -- the car belongs to her boss because she is being haunted (by Ex-husbands)

Whatever tickles your fancy. LOL
All these are your after thoughts. I put it to you that no amount of explanation will satisfy your ilk. Infact, when you snatch a prey from a predators jaws, the predator is bound to be hugely unsatisfied,quite understandable. Hence, I do not have the aim of satisfying you. Rather my write up is meant to serve a fodder to save gullible people who your likes have set out to deceive.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Dee60: 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have a feeling that many of these actors will end up like one former Delta Governor!
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by ballabriggs: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
KenGali:

Atlast you are back on tax.
Taxes can be shifted forward, backwards and all what not, as long as the right value for the tax is paid.
Tax is money and not an item, so you are twisting the issue. Your Umbrellas and computers do not cut the analogy at all.

We are talking of cars. If Govt. gave you a waiver of specific value on some cars, and you instead paid the taxes before the waiver was granted. There is nothing stopping you from using the waivers to import replacement stock with the waiver, as long as the value of the waiver was not exceeded.

The cars supplied were stocked by Coscharis, before the contract was even concluded. I see someone asking about it above, feeling smart like he raised a difficult question.

A company can claim tax relief granted say on infrastructural item, and use it to satisfy tax on another item which was not relieved, only to the extent of the value of the first. That is when such a relief was not claimed on the initial item. Like i told you earlier, there is no confusion since tax is money and tax waivers have values.

You have written trash. One of the taxes paid on imports is VAT which is based on the value of the good imported.

If I get a waiver to import a specified good of N10 million and I end up importing an entirely different good and still seek to apply the waiver, that is evasion and an attempt to cheat the tax man.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by imperiouxx(m): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
wirinet:
3. The cars presented to the national assembly commitee was were not the cars in question as the chasis number is different from the chasis number of the ones imported by coscharis. So where are the 2 $1.6 million BMW specialized armoured cars? At least Nigerians deserve to know what $800,000 cars look like. Also where are the papers for the cars? where are the custom papers? the registration papers? the insurance papers? the NSA clearance papers. Let's see something that shows that the cars exist.

I guess those cars are longer, safer and well equipped than the United States of America presidential state car which is just US$300,000........ May be the cars are like those used in Jame Bond's movies (run, fly, shot, ski, bulletproof, bombardment resistant, all at the same time) or they are the only transformer cars (Optimus Prime and Cybertron) in the whole world.

Naija! Country where only bigger thieves flourish. I salute una thieves!
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by tomakint: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly. It is a fault-finding MISSION by the same DEVILISH Like I wrote earlier, after probing Oduah, we should all now move over to probe Fashola over the purchase of 3 armoured vehicles for N600 million. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Honestly b4 now I av a feeling that Stella was the architect of this mess until now! As for the N600 million scam of Fashola just wait as the APC goons here will be vibrating in hot grammar.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
tomakint:
Honestly b4 now I av a feeling that Stella was the architect of this mess until now! As for the N600 million scam of Fashola just wait as the APC goons here will be vibrating in hot grammar.

With all the scam way open for ground your head never still correct? Your case don pass be careful.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by kasiem(m): 12:26am On Nov 01, 2013
ballabriggs:

Look to import and get a waiver for a particular purpose and then use it for another is criminal.

For example, if I import a cloth as a gift for my mother and then go ahead to sell same cloth, that is criminal on its own.
sir, if i should be given a waiver for importation of a "gift" as u posited, after one year of having that gift i decide to sell it off cos i no longer need it, is it criminal?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by wirinet(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2013
kasiem: sir, if i should be given a waiver for importation of a "gift" as u posited, after one year of having that gift i decide to sell it off cos i no longer need it, is it criminal?

Please get some education on tax laws. If tax waivers were granted for importation of a gift and then you decided to sell the gift after one year, you must inform tbe new buyers to pay the waived taxes. Unless the new buyers applied for and got waivers on the gift item also. If you have ever been to an embassy auction before, you will see the presence of custom officers who will collect custom duties on all goods bought, because foreign embassies do not pay duties for things the import for their use.

In this case if lagos state government got tax waivers for cosharis to supply lagos state government with vehicles, then coscharis themselves or the new owners must pay custom duties on the cars. As things stand Coscharis or the NCAA is owing Nigerian customs the sum of N10.1 million . Besides I do not understant custom duty waivers granted o lagos state government last year for national sports festival applies to the order from NCAA this year, can someone more knowledgeable explain how it works? was the waiver back dated?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by IcekrimPaul007(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2013
First. It was out right denial, then some people were after her life that why she bought the cars. Now, the cars are not meant for her. then lieing to Customs, NSA etc. Chasis number don't match, cars are not new. Funny country and shameless people. She will get away with it, you can see the smirk on her face.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2013
ballabriggs:

You have written trash. One of the taxes paid on imports is VAT which is based on the value of the good imported.

If I get a waiver to import a specified good of N10 million and I end up importing an entirely different good and still seek to apply the waiver, that is evasion and an attempt to cheat the tax man.
Let me remind you that a waiver is a specific amount of money, VAT is an amount of money too, stop driving yourself into the ocean. A waiver is not a blank check, it has a specified value of money to be applied.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2013
wirinet:

Please get some education on tax laws. If tax waivers were granted for importation of a gift and then you decided to sell the gift after one year, you must inform tbe new buyers to pay the waived taxes. Unless the new buyers applied for and got waivers on the gift item also. If you have ever been to an embassy auction before, you will see the presence of custom officers who will collect custom duties on all goods bought, because foreign embassies do not pay duties for things the import for their use.

In this case if lagos state government got tax waivers for cosharis to supply lagos state government with vehicles, then coscharis themselves or the new owners must pay custom duties on the cars. As things stand Coscharis or the NCAA is owing Nigerian customs the sum of N10.1 million . Besides I do not understant custom duty waivers granted o lagos state government last year for national sports festival applies to the order from NCAA this year, can someone more knowledgeable explain how it works? was the waiver back dated?
You are the one who needs education, not on tax but English Reading Comprehension.
Coscharis Supplied to Lagos state Government cars on which it has paid tax.
Lagos Govt. Processed tax waivers for him instead of money to cover his payment,
He has used the waivers to recover his money about N10 million and is owing nobody.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
KenGali:
You are the one who needs education, not on tax but English Reading Comprehension.
Lagos Govt. Processed tax waivers for him instead of money to cover his payment,
He has used the waivers to recover his money about N10 million and is owning nobody.
It's either you really don't know what you're saying...or you are just .... let me clarify this for the last Time;

No,Coscharis did not pay Tax;because the Finance Ministry gave him a Waiver(1. relinquishing of right: the voluntary surrender of a right or claim

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.) . This Waiver was granted on the Premise that the Vehicles imported were to be used in a Lagos State Government Event;he went ahead to substitute two of those Cars for Oduah's Cars(which the Finance Ministry says it definitely would not [/b]have granted a Waiver on.

Lagos Govt. Processed tax waivers for him instead of money to cover his payment
He accepted a Waiver worth 10 Million as Payment for 300 Vehicles??

[b]Coscharis obtained the waiver claiming the
armoured cars were part of 300 vehicles imported for the Sports festival in lagos last
year, and therefore the beneficiary was lagos
state government. The due import duty should
have been N10.1 million.

He has used the waivers to recover his money about N10 million and is owning nobody
no he isn't;he is "owning" nobody at all.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by kasiem(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
wirinet:

do u know that u didn't answer my question?
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
kasiem: do u know that u didn't answer my question?
He did,you just didn't get it.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by kasiem(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
koonbey: He did,you just didn't get it.
sorry, he only repeated the same thing he said which inspired me into asking d question
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 02, 2013
koonbey: It's either you really don't know what you're saying...or you are just .... let me clarify this for the last Time;

No,Coscharis did not pay Tax;because the Finance Ministry gave him a Waiver(1. relinquishing of right: the voluntary surrender of a right or claim

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.) . This Waiver was granted on the Premise that the Vehicles imported were to be used in a Lagos State Government Event;he went ahead to substitute two of those Cars for Oduah's Cars(which the Finance Ministry says it definitely would [b]not [/b]have granted a Waiver on.

He accepted a Waiver worth 10 Million as Payment for 300 Vehicles??

no he isn't;he is "owning" nobody at all.

Wanna go editing typos, that's indicating a bereavement of right ideas.

Waiver was granted not for an event , but for the fact that it was to be paid by Lagos State Government.
Coscharis already paid his taxes,
and needs to recover his money shikina.
Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by Proffdada: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Do the needful sounds like :Go n sin no more or don't get caught again

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bullet Proof Cars Tinubu Flew In From Germany / EFCC Traces Akwa Ibom’s N1.4b To 11 Accounts / Group Faults Muric’s Position On Appointments Made By Ekitigovernment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.