Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Engineers In The House! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Engineers In The House! (1162 Views)

Computer Engineers In The House My Desktop Screen Is No Longer Showing Help Me / Engineers In The House Pls Kindly Take A Look At This: / Computer Engineers In My Locations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,
I dont know if hardware engrs are in this house!
My laptop's giving me serious probs and i want to format, the problem is it prompts me to enter BIOS setup everytime i startup, the password's been forgotten cos it used to be my official laptop b4 it became personal.
Pls is there a way i can enter?
I suspect its an hardware solution that will be needed,does anyone know what i can do to it?
Pls help me out.
Its an acer travelmate 40621CI
help me out someone!
the writer doesnt work again too!!!
Re: Engineers In The House! by Delta007(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
Operating system?
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2008
Win XP please.
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2008
hasnt this happened to someone before?
someone pls help out, i need to format this system!!!
Re: Engineers In The House! by youngblud: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2008
One way to enter the BIOS setup is to remove the battery on the motherboard for Remove the battery for at least 5 minutes an insert it again in it's socket that would wipe the stored information which tells the PC how to boot-up the system.

The second way this can be sorted out is to remove password using Clear CMOS jumper on your motherborad
Please refer to your manual to locate this jumper.
Clearing CMOS will erase all passwords set but all your user defined settings like hard disk type, RAM timings etc, too. You'll have to set these values again after clearing CMOS.

If you can boot-up the PC you can download this software below install it and follow the instructions below
CMOSpwd [http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd#CmosPwd_Download][/http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd#CmosPwd_Download]

Hope this helps you
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
Thanks, i hope it works.
i'll try it and let you know
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
It didnt work man!
I need BIG HELP
Re: Engineers In The House! by sojioguns(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
You say it is a laptop. There isnt much you can do without opening it up. The only way to recover the lost bios password is to remove the battery like youngblud said. If you can see a jumper on the motherboard then you should be able to short it but i doubt if there is an such jumper on the laptop.
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
i opened it my guy, i removed the battery but it aint working still
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2008
CPU = Intel (R) Pentium (R) M Processor 1.73GHz
503M system RAM passed
2048 cashe SRAM Passed
system BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
Fixed Disk 0: WDC bla-bla
Atapi CD ROM bla-bla
Mouse Initialized
ERROR
Resource conflict-PCI Network controller on motherboard
BUS:06, Device:08, Function:00
Press <F1> to resume,<F2> to setup
Re: Engineers In The House! by sojioguns(m): 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2008
so you cant change anything when you enter bios setup? if you can, disable the network card
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2008
thanks man, i have entered BIOS already, it still keeps giving me the error above.
what do i do from there?
Re: Engineers In The House! by DualCore1: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2008
Delta007:

Operating system?
why this question? shocked

Cooldude. . . are u saying tht u can get into the bios yet u cant change any parameters?
if u can change parameters, change first boot device to cd.

if u just cant get the lappy to boot from cd here's something i used to do few years back (in a situation where there's not cdrom drive). same applies to ur case.

remove the hdd, mount it on another system (wit working cdrom) as master (remove any other HDDs of tht system before mountin this as master). now install windows 98 using a win98 bootable disc. before installation run FDISK from dos and partition (at least two partitions), then format partitions.

now u've gotten windows 98 installed on ur hdd (but on another system). copy the entire winXP cd contents into the hdd. unmount it and mount it back on ur laptop.
now win 98 will run on ur lappy, once u've gotten into win98 environment, goto where u saved the winXP files, run setup, u'll be given two options, either to upgrade or do a new install. choose any of them according to ur preferece, if u wonno dual boot, choose new installation, else choose upgrade.

well tht's just about how much i can break it down in text, the whole thing is in ma head, dunno how to break it "downer than this" for u. hope u find a solution brov.
Re: Engineers In The House! by scantee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2008
@COOLDUDE

I CAN HELP.

BUT I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN IT MORE TO ME.

I WANT TO KNOW THE MAIN PROBLEM,

IS THE PROBLEM HOW TO REMOVE PASSWORD? OR
IS THE PROBLEM HOW TO STOP THE QUESTION, PRESS F2 TO ENTER SETUP. OR
IS THE PROBLEM HOW TO BOOT THE SYSTEM

PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION, I PROMISE YOU TO GIVE YOU SOLUTION WETIN A MINUITE.
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
Thanks guys, I am sorry, i'm just seeing this cos its been a while i came on.
I have actually formatted the system long ago.
But the problem is that it keeps prompting me to enter set up which when i enter,
i can do nothing!
there's no place for me to change anything on network.
so the error keeps repeating itself everytime i start up.

My prob. now is how do i stop the system from reporting the error i put in the post before this?
Re: Engineers In The House! by walemy: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2008
hi my name is olawale pls call me on this number if u r in lagos am a technician
Re: Engineers In The House! by cooldude62(m): 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
call you for what boy?
Re: Engineers In The House! by femzy(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2008
Be careful!!! embarassed embarassed
You better give it to a competent technician before you complicate issues, abi u no want make engr chop
When your bios is passworded; just know that you locked the bios(eprom chipon the board) and you might have to flash it,
Re: Engineers In The House! by udylah(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2008
Any problems with registering softwares,hardware failure,crashing or other Computer related problems? Call 08032937657 or e-mail israels11@yahoo.com for solutions
Re: Engineers In The House! by skipo87(m): 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2008
wash the laptop, use jik undecided

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Hdd Password,any Solution? / Why And How You Should Stay Anonymous On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.