Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Proof That Religion Is A Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Religion Is A Scam (1225 Views)

100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham. MUST READ !!!! / 100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham... Must Read!!! / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Religion Is A Scam by xykms101: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Question to christians and muslims (actually the same can be asked to any religious person). If your religion is the “only right” religion, then how do you explain the existence of all other religions around the world? If you as christians are supposed to follow the bible and believe in god otherwise go to hell, then how is that fair to all of the other people who were born into another religion? There are many people who are born into other religions around the world and have no idea what the word “christian” or “bible” even mean! So basically they are just born to go to hell right? How is that fair? What kind of “god” would allow people to be born into the "wrong” religion without ever even having a chance to follow the “right” religion? It makes no sense to me… This is one of the reasons why I became agnostic (born from a christian/catholic family). I believe it is human nature to “create” religions in order to answer questions that we just cannot answer ourselves, and the world is big, which is why there is no one universal religion; this is proof to me that religion is just a big scam.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by cyril83(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
If you grew up in a Catholic family as you say, they didn't inform you very well of our beliefs. We believe people from other religions are capable of going to heaven as long as they live according to their conscience, adhering to the moral law and living righteously. You can't be condemned if you have never heard of Jesus Christ and the Gospel

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by bishop4APC: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Religion was a great invention which, as almost all the great inventions, can be used against people, can be used to start wars, to kill people, to deceive, to lie, to cover up crimes etc. Religion is man made. Faith isn't. Faith is always positive.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by bishop4APC: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Preacher tells non-believer to get right with "God" or he's going to Hell! Non-believer buys Bible for $60! "God" needs 10% of his paycheck! If he doesn't give his money to "God", he's going to Hell for being greedy! So, He gives "God" his money in the offering (along with many others) and the preacher is somehow able to afford a $1,000 suit, very expensive jewelry, a muti-million dollar home, a $100,000 car, a private jet, ect... If I didn't know any better, I'd say the non-believer just got duped! Churches don't pay taxes or bills, but for some reason they always need money! Hmmm...

Oh, and by the way let's not forget how rediculous the stories are in the Bible!
How did Adam and Eve's children breed without having retarded children?
How did Jonah breathe, eat, drink water and not get digested while inside the whale for 3 days?
How did Noah fit two of each of the millions of species of animals inside 1 big boat?
How did the animals not kill each other while inside the ark?

How could somebody possibly worship a being who is quick to send them to Hell for doing just about anything? How could somebody worship a being who is ok with slavery? How could somebody worship a being who said that if a woman is raped and nobody witnesses it, she is to marry the rapist or be stoned to death?

Religion is bullshite and you have to be in denial to believe in it! I was a christian for 22 years, then I put the pieces together and realized it's all about scaring people into giving the preachers their money! Funny how the Bible is the #1. best selling book in the world and it's damn expensive too! Don't forget the preachers who are constantly wanting you to buy their $75 book and their $150 prayer package!

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by cyril83(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
bishop4APC: Preacher tells non-believer to get right with "God" or he's going to Hell! Non-believer buys Bible for $60! "God" needs 10% of his paycheck! If he doesn't give his money to "God", he's going to Hell for being greedy! So, He gives "God" his money in the offering (along with many others) and the preacher is somehow able to afford a $1,000 suit, very expensive jewelry, a muti-million dollar home, a $100,000 car, a private jet, ect... If I didn't know any better, I'd say the non-believer just got duped! Churches don't pay taxes or bills, but for some reason they always need money! Hmmm...

Oh, and by the way let's not forget how rediculous the stories are in the Bible!
How did Adam and Eve's children breed without having retarded children?
How did Jonah breathe, eat, drink water and not get digested while inside the whale for 3 days?
How did Noah fit two of each of the millions of species of animals inside 1 big boat?

How could somebody possibly worship a being who is quick to send them to Hell for doing just about anything? How could somebody worship a being who is ok with slavery? How could somebody worship a being who said that if a woman is raped and nobody witnesses it, she is to marry the rapist or be stoned to death?

Religion is bullshite and you have to be in denial to believe in it! I was a christian for 22 years, then I put the pieces together and realized it's all about scaring people into giving the preachers their money! Funny how the Bible is the #1. best selling book in the world and it's damn expensive too! Don't forget the preachers who are constantly wanting you to buy their $75 book and their $150 prayer package!

That 10% is nonsense excuse, because i pay as much as i want in the church.
Go and read Bible online, if you can't afford it.

And about preacher scaring about going to hell cause of money?
Are you sure you're not making this up? Because Jesus taught differently.
If you go to a church where such preachers existed, then you should change the church,
it might be one of the prosperity and success "christian" churches.

How about secular government? Doesn't it force people to pay taxes, by already deducing it from their payment and goods they buy?
By your reasoning - this is a scam too.

You don't believe those stories in Bible, because you don't believe in God as an All-Powerful Spirit, and think that in the past the same standarts applied as in today's society.
God only added laws about not marrying with relatives since Israeli Old Testament.
It wasn't a sin before it.
God is all-powerful, so He can do anything, I believe God is the Creator of this world, so He can make everything work as He wishes: making Jonah live, calming and fitting animals in the ark.

God doesn't send somebody to Hell for anything - but implicitly for sin and evil.
Slavery point is nonsense, it existed before Israel, and i don't believe even free people lived much better than slaves back then - working mostly for food.
So slavery is not evil, when it protects people from dying from hunger, and no harm is done.
God allowed slaves to run away from abusive masters - there is a law in Old Testament.

God forced rapists to marry these women and not divorce them, because nobody would marry these women and they could have died from hunger after their parents' death.

You lie and you were probably born in a christian family, and went to church with parents,
but you didn't bother to learn about God and Jesus, and you don't understand His reasons and the situation people were living back then in the past.
You were christian in name only, but not in your heart, so you just drifted away as soon as you were free to do what you wish.

I received the Bibles i have at home for free, so evidently you seek excuses to not be a christian and not do God's will.
You're free to make your choices, but you should know that after death - those that haven't believed in Jesus, are thrown into the burning lake, if you want that - go for it.
You can live a secular life, where you're tricked to consume, to be taxed and overburdened by credit.
So don't be a hypocrite, but look at things from both sides - both among christians and outside them.

Hopefully God will help you to repent and to believe in Jesus - to get salvation, peace and eternal life in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by libero00: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
cyril83:

That 10% is nonsense excuse, because i pay as much as i want in the church.
Go and read Bible online, if you can't afford it.

And about preacher scaring about going to hell cause of money?
Are you sure you're not making this up? Because Jesus taught differently.
If you go to a church where such preachers existed, then you should change the church,
it might be one of the prosperity and success "christian" churches.

How about secular government? Doesn't it force people to pay taxes, by already deducing it from their payment and goods they buy?
By your reasoning - this is a scam too.

You don't believe those stories in Bible, because you don't believe in God as an All-Powerful Spirit, and think that in the past the same standarts applied as in today's society.
God only added laws about not marrying with relatives since Israeli Old Testament.
It wasn't a sin before it.
God is all-powerful, so He can do anything, I believe God is the Creator of this world, so He can make everything work as He wishes: making Jonah live, calming and fitting animals in the ark.

God doesn't send somebody to Hell for anything - but implicitly for sin and evil.
Slavery point is nonsense, it existed before Israel, and i don't believe even free people lived much better than slaves back then - working mostly for food.
So slavery is not evil, when it protects people from dying from hunger, and no harm is done.
God allowed slaves to run away from abusive masters - there is a law in Old Testament.

God forced rapists to marry these women and not divorce them, because nobody would marry these women and they could have died from hunger after their parents' death.

You lie and you were probably born in a christian family, and went to church with parents,
but you didn't bother to learn about God and Jesus, and you don't understand His reasons and the situation people were living back then in the past.
You were christian in name only, but not in your heart, so you just drifted away as soon as you were free to do what you wish.

I received the Bibles i have at home for free, so evidently you seek excuses to not be a christian and not do God's will.
You're free to make your choices, but you should know that after death - those that haven't believed in Jesus, are thrown into the burning lake, if you want that - go for it.
You can live a secular life, where you're tricked to consume, to be taxed and overburdened by credit.
So don't be a hypocrite, but look at things from both sides - both among christians and outside them.

Hopefully God will help you to repent and to believe in Jesus - to get salvation, peace and eternal life in Heaven.

Interesting, another myopic brainwashed person. It still amazes me how people still have 'faith' in the crap called the bible these days.
As for the part of the government, I as an atheistic agnostic humanist am also an anarchist. So yes the government is the biggest Ponzi scheme in history! pick out the log from your eye blind Christian democracy and government are the worst things in history that has ever befallen mankind after religion and the brainwashing, discriminating, sexist, slave promoted, blind, absurd, intolerant cruel way of living called Christianity.
Who are you say the lives of the Israelites were no better than the slaves. Lemme tell you something: Your god created evil! How? I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)
yet you condemn an atheist for speaking their mind BLASPHEMY I SAY UNTO THEE, YE TOO SHALL BURN IN THE LAKES OF SCORCHING FIRE! REPENT NOW AND BE SAVED FROM YOUR MALADY YE CHRISTIANS!!!! How dare judge another? Your fairy-tale book says do not judge or are in another Christian denomination that does not use the accepted bible in Christendom?
Why shouldn't you agree to this, you are already hallucinating about a mythical utopia called heaven and also what about the following scripture isn't wrong? According to Jesus, how should slaves be treated?
Answer:
They should be beaten for disobedience, but not more severely then they deserve. --Jesus never denounced slavery: he endorsed it! He incorporated it into his teachings as if it were the most natural order (which it was for the biblical writers who didn't know any better). Why doesn't the bible--supposedly inspired by an all-loving deity--ever hint that there is something wrong with such a brutal social institution? If it were not for the influence of the bible, the appalling slave trade might have been curtailed, along with the bloody Civil War.
"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes." (Luke 12:47-48) The entire context (Luke 12:41-48) shows that this is not part of a parable--it is the explanation of a parable, after Peter asked a question. But even if it were a parable, it would carry the same weight as a teaching of Jesus.

The word "servant" above is doulos, which means "slave" in Greek, and is correctly rendered "slave" by the NRSV, NAS, Scholar's Version, and others. "Shall" meant "should," as Jesus adds: "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required." (Luke 12:48).
The Bible nowhere states that slavery is wrong. Slavery is ordained by the Bible: "Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, . . . and they shall be your possession . . . they shall be your bondmen forever." (Leviticus 25:45-46) "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do." (Exodus 21:2,7) "Servants [slaves], obey in all things your masters." (Colossians 3:22)

1 Like

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Scam by thedoctor1: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Preacher tells non-believer to get right with "God" or he's going to Hell! Non-believer buys Bible for $60! "God" needs 10% of his paycheck! If he doesn't give his money to "God", he's going to Hell for being greedy! So, He gives "God" his money in the offering (along with many others) and the preacher is somehow able to afford a $1,000 suit, very expensive jewelry, a muti-million dollar home, a $100,000 car, a private jet, ect... If I didn't know any better, I'd say the non-believer just got duped! Churches don't pay taxes or bills, but for some reason they always need money! Hmmm...

How did Adam and Eve's children breed without having slow children?

How could somebody possibly worship a being who is quick to send them to Hell for doing just about anything? How could somebody worship a being who is ok with slavery? How could somebody worship a being who said that if a woman is Molested and nobody witnesses it, she is to marry the Molester or be stoned to death?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sad for you and your views, it is obvious you are locked into disbelief through hatred and not actual knowledge. I will try to answer your points, although I doubt you will acknowledge them....

How did Adam and Eve breed without having slow children?

To answer your horribly put question, there was no admonishment against marrying immediate relations until God put it forth in Exodus. Here is the reason. When Adam and Eve were created they were perfection. There was no genetic problems or mutations. But after Adam's sin introduced death and imperfection, as we got further and further from perfection and the imperfections took over, it caused issues in genetic development. They HAD to reproduce together because there were no others to do so. This was no issue until the point where the genetic issues because too great to have proper offspring at which point God made it wrong by command. It is simply a matter of flaw growing worse over centuries. But Adam and Eve's children were fine.

Jonah - Anyone under God's protection can overcome any obstacle.

Noah - You do not know how many animals there were before the flood. Also it says nothing about species, it says KIND...for example...there may be hundreds of species of dog, but they are all DOGS. Secondly, he would have put young animals, nowhere near fully grown on the ark...if you are going to repopulate animals you do not want old animals, you want young animals with full lives ahead of them to reproduce to the fullest. You also obviously don' know your scripture because it was not two of every kind, there were seven pairs of clean kinds and one pair of unclean. Even with these inflated numbers, by standard of young juvenile animals, there would have been MORE than enough room for all kinds to be included.

The animals inside the ark did not kill, once again because you do not know scripture....animals were vegetarian, as was man, until God commanded that meat would be consumed AFTER the flood. Animals are subject to God as are we.

As for the rest.....God is not quick to send anyone to hell....it is a choice that WE make. We are told what we can and cannot do...it is WE who choose to ignore. If you had children, would you allow them to ignore your rules and then do nothing about it when they blatantly defy you? If so I would venture to say you are a horrible parent.

Slavery...you do not realize you are approaching this with YOUR mindset and not God's. Because you feel something is wrong does not mean it IS wrong. God may have a purpose for slavery we know nothing about and it is egotism to assume we can understand Him.

YES...many pastors, especially televangelists are scamming and out for money and it RUINS the ideals of Christianity. But that is not how ALL are and that is not how Christianity is based. Again you are blinded by hatred rather than open to understand. I offer for you the true word from the original Greek, not a translation like the KJV.

2 Corinthians 4:4 - "In whom the god of this, the age, has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so as not to beam forth the glory of the gospel of Christ, who is the image of God."

Stop looking to MEN for how Christianity works and look to Christ who is the example of how it is. God bless you and I hope you can someday see through the veil of darkness put upon you.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor O.o.abel Sermon On The Faithful God / We Don't Celebrate Christmas: The Idolatry Of Mystry Babylon- Pst KUMUYI / 50 Glaring Signs We Are Indeed The Last Generation Living In The End Times!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.