Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,890 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. (1743 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton:

You are flatly wrong sir.
Flatly, with emphasis.

The sermon on the mount was not for disciples.
It was for the general public.

Or are you now insinuating that Jesus can say one thing to his disciples and then say a contradicting thing to the general public?

Whom did Jesus come to save , his disciples, or the whole world?

Do you see how silly your argument is?
undecided
sir, I gaveyou scriptural evidence from matthew chapter 5. When I say the word is spiritually discerned, you'll be the first to call foul play.
Here's more evidence that Jesus taught his disciples more than he taught the public, he even taught the public in parables and explained it to the disciples:

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

There's also scripture from mark and luke.

Jesus taught mainly his disciples, he gave the crowd some teaching too, but he taught mainly his disciples.
This is because, as paul said, deep spiritual things are learned and compatible and taken in only by the spiritual.
Paul preached the simple gospel to men and spoke with wisdom to the people of God.

1 corinthians 2: 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew:...

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam: this above texts is not for you because they believe in God and the fullness of God in the person speaking to them...but you deny God existence, so,how are you a Christian?

you are not the salt and the light if the world cause you deny the supremacy if the speaker..
if you promise your friend a car and you find out that he doubt you and disbelieve you,will you give him again?
no..
you will give another person that believes in you...

you are not a Christian, Christian are small Christ that believes in God and act, lives, speak like Christ.. you don't posses those things...

forsake not the gathering of the brethren...

anyway, safe journey
I pray Jesus reveal himself to you and you will be a powerful vessel of salvation..
Shalom

You don't seem to get it.
The multitude on the mount where Jesus made those statements were not handpicked.
They did not have to fill out a questionaire about their beliefs, or lack thereof, neither were they vetted before being allowed to listen to the Sermon on the mount.

You cannot cut and past the teachings of Jesus to suit your fancy and whims.

Jesus said I can go. Who are you to tell me that I cannot?

As he spoke to me, Jesus did not command me to elevate his supremacy in any way. He did not command me to use or add superlatives to his name as a means of reaching heaven.
He did not ask me to believe and accept the bullshyt of pius fraud.

I will take his simple teachings as they came. No salt , no pepper, no curry sauce.

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: sir, I gaveyou scriptural evidence from matthew chapter 5. When I say the word is spiritually discerned, you'll be the first to call foul play.
Here's more evidence that Jesus taught his disciples more than he taught the public, he even taught the public in parables and explained it to the disciples:

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

There's also scripture from mark and luke.

Jesus taught mainly his disciples, he gave the crowd some teaching too, but he taught mainly his disciples.
This is because, as paul said, deep spiritual things are learned and compatible and taken in only by the spiritual.
Paul preached the simple gospel to men and spoke with wisdom to the people of God.

1 corinthians 2: 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew:...

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

ARrrw!
Here we go again.
Recourse to spiritual understanding bullshyt again. undecided
Happens when they hit a firewall of reason and get trapped by their own irrationality.
lol.

When Jesus spoke to the multitude on the mount, did he ask them each to come with their spiritual-understanding cards in their pockets?
Silly.

And secondly, Paul is an A-hole. So don't quote him for me.
Like I said at the beginning, I dont give a rat's bottom about what any other apostle said or wrote.
My concern is with what Jesus told me at the Sermon on the mount.

Unless, of course, you want to convince me that Paul's epistles supercede the direct teaching of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton:
ARrrw!
Here we go again.
Recourse to spiritual understanding bullshyt again. undecided
Happens when they hit a firewall of reason and get trapped by their own irrationality.
lol.

When Jesus spoke to the multitude on the mount, did he ask them each to come with their spiritual-understanding cards in their pockets?
Silly.

And secondly, Paul is an A-hole. So don't quote him for me.
Like I said at the beginning, I dont give a rat's bottom about what any other apostle said or wrote.
My concern is with what Jesus told me at the Sermon on the mount.

Unless, of course, you want to convince me that Paul's epistles supercede the direct teaching of Jesus?
it seems you didn't read my original post well. Let me repeat that verse again:

Matthew 5: 1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them,

He taught his disciples, not the multitudes. Do you see now?
Your whole write up has been cancelled by this. Simple.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: it seems you didn't read my original post well. Let me repeat that verse again:

Matthew 5: 1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them,

He taught his disciples, not the multitudes. Do you see now?
Your whole write up has been cancelled by this. Simple.

Is that the way your brain works?
He saw the multitudes waiting for him, he climbed on top of the mount to address the multitudes, he disciples, as expected, came up the mount to be nearer to him before the commencement of the sermon.

Now you are saying that the multitudes were excluded?
Is that how your brain works?

You are also implying by this silly gymnastics, that whatever truths Jesus may have preached to his disciples , is somehow not applicable to his multitudes of followers?
How absurd can you people really get?
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton:

Is that the way your brain works?
He saw the multitudes waiting for him, he climbed on top of the mount to address the multitudes, he disciples, as expected, came up the mount to be nearer to him before the commencement of the sermon.

Now you are saying that the multitudes were excluded?
Is that how your brain works?

You are also implying by this silly gymnastics, that whatever truths Jesus may have preached to his disciples , is somehow not applicable to his multitudes of followers?
How absurd can you people really get?
smh. Let me repeat another verse incase you didn't see.

Matthew 13: [b]1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. 3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying,..........

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. ........

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.[/b]
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
^^^
And your point is ...........?
That sermon on the mount were parables, to be understood only by the disciples?

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
And your point is ...........?
That sermon on the mount were parables, to be understood only by the disciples?
that jesus taught the sermon on the mount to disciples. Only his disciples will be prejudiced and persecuted for righteousness sake.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Image123(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2013
plaetton: @Abijam, Image123 & Obadiah777,

Jesus said in black and white that I posses all the qualities heaven requires. If I am standing on the strength of those words of Jesus, who dares to add or contradict Jesus?.

Are you guys saying that your mortal opinions, your mortal understandings are somehow superior to Jesus?

Shouldn't Jesus know better than you guys, who are following the much embellished and distorted versions of his message?

I find it shocking that you would attempt to innocuously repudiate and minimize the golden teachings of Jesus.
Do not forget, Jesus was preaching to everyone, not to Christians.

hahaha, so you too wan go heaven, inherit earth, be blessed by God etc. Why you come dey do shakara all over internet all this while? Listen to the words f Jesus to any man and every man.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will
come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and
follow me.

Except a man be born again, he cannot and even must not see the kingdom of God. Verily verily fa. Don't deceive yourself after all the deception others have taken you through.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Image123:

hahaha, so you too wan go heaven, inherit earth, be blessed by God etc. Why you come dey do shakara all over internet all this while? Listen to the words f Jesus to any man and every man.

follow me.

Except a man be born again, he cannot and even must not see the kingdom of God. Verily verily fa. Don't deceive yourself after all the deception others have taken you through.

Please stop hiding under words and come out in plain sight.
So, you are saying that the Jesus sermon on the mount is deceptive?
Can you please clarify?
Was Jesus wrong or mistaken?

And also,
I can bet you that despite your religiousity, I am 100% sure that you do not have the faintest idea of what it means to be born again.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Image123(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
plaetton:

Please stop hiding under words and come out in plain sight.
So, you are saying that the Jesus sermon on the mount is deceptive?
Can you please clarify?
Was Jesus wrong or mistaken?

And also,
I can bet you that despite your religiousity, I am 100% sure that you do not have the faintest idea of what it means to be born again.

Huhuhuhhhuhu, so John 3 and the below are words while Matthew 5 is plain sight?
follow me.

Is it not the same Jesus talking? Why being selective? so you sef wan go heaven, nice one. No worry, we'll look at Matthew 5, just confirm that you do not agree with the words of Jesus that i quoted for your benefit?
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Image123:

Huhuhuhhhuhu, so John 3 and the below are words while Matthew 5 is plain sight?
follow me.

Is it not the same Jesus talking? Why being selective? so you sef wan go heaven, nice one. No worry, we'll look at Matthew 5, just confirm that you do not agree with the words of Jesus that i quoted for your benefit?

I did not live in the time of Jesus, so the issue of following Jesus around Palestine is quite mute in this issue.
Some followed, some did not .

Actually, I have not found any non-redacted and non-edited words of Jesus that I disagree with.

But like I said before, a person can say a lot of things, when a particular speech is directed towards me or resonates within me, I take special notice.
Aspects of the Sermon On The Mount that I quoted at the beginning were addressed to me and resonates within me.
So, I am free to take the wheat and throw away the shaffe.

Unless you can prove tome that Jesus was wrong or mistaken on that sermon, I dont' really see what other points you are trying to make.
Jesus never asked me to join a monstrous cult, neither did he ask me to pay monetary ransome(your preferred method).
He identified my personal qualities as being sufficient for the kingdom of god.

Are you jealous that I already have a ticket while you are not sure of your own, despite all your religiousity? tongue

Remember what Jesus said about the Hypocrites and Pharisees.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: right ? lol. i sooner take bozo the clown more serious than that heathen plaetton. at least bozo knows that he is a clown lmao cheesy

Thanks for the compliment, lord Obadiah777.

I owe you one.
It might come on a tip of a sword though. wink
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Image123(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
plaetton:

I did not live in the time of Jesus, so the issue of following Jesus around Palestine is quite mute in this issue.
Some followed, some did not .

Actually, I have not found any non-redacted and non-edited words of Jesus that I disagree with.

But like I said before, a person can say a lot of things, when a particular speech is directed towards me or resonates within me, I take special notice.
Aspects of the Sermon On The Mount that I quoted at the beginning were addressed to me and resonates within me.
So, I am free to take the wheat and throw away the shaffe.

Unless you can prove tome that Jesus was wrong or mistaken on that sermon, I dont' really see what other points you are trying to make.
Jesus never asked me to join a monstrous cult, neither did he ask me to pay monetary ransome(your preferred method).
He identified my personal qualities as being sufficient for the kingdom of god.

Are you jealous that I already have a ticket while you are not sure of your own, despite all your religiousity? tongue

Remember what Jesus said about the Hypocrites and Pharisees.

So unfortunate. Anyways, i'll be back to comment on your new Matthew 5 love when i have time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet T.B Joshua's FULL New Year's Prophecy Revealed / Crisis Of Conscience By Rayomd Franz- Former Watchtower Gb Member / Which Thread, Topic Or Person You Enjoy Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.