Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Where Is Victor Brown??? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Where Is Victor Brown??? (4180 Views)

The Great Debate: Where Should Victor Moses Go? / Video: Once Upon A Time, Victor Valdes Did Hate Goalkeeping / Wigan Accept Chelsea's Bid For Victor-Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Victor Brown??? by dakronik(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2013
I am a die hard naija football lover and I have always followed our national teams right from the age grade competitions to the senior team. While watching our current crop of Golden Eaglets dazzle the world, I can't help but wonder where the likes of Yahaya, Iheanacho and the rest will be in 5-10 years time when they are supposed to "mature" fully into the super Eagles. I am realy disturbed because my mind flashed back to Trinidad and Tobago 2001 when the Musa Abdullahi led Golden Eaglets dazzled the world the same way these "young" lads are doing today. Names such as Chigozie Agbim, Femi Opabumi, Victor Okechukwu Brown etc became household names. I'm focusing my topic solely on Victor brown because then, he was given great reviews by the commentators and football pundits both at home and abroad. Infact some pundits even went as far as labelling him the "next Okocha" due to his dribbling skills and vision with a quick eye for goal. Now fast forward 2013, the same player who is supposed to be 28 or 29 years old and at the peak of his career is nowhere to be found. Players at such age bracket such as Andres Iniesta(29), Carlos Tevez(29), Robin van Persie(29) etc are daily thrilling us with their skills week in week out while the so called next Okocha is nowhere to be found. A quick check online showed that the so-called 29 year old Victor Brown is retired (http://www.footballzz.co.uk/jogador.php?id=137383). So what I am asking is which club(s) did Victor Brown play for after the U-17 world cup and which club did he "retire". I hope its not true what they say about Nigeria going to age grade competitions with 30-30 something year olds. As they say, "small body no be sickness".

(1) (Reply)

2010/11 Football Season Transfers/Transfer Rumours / Everton Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th November 2012 / Getafe Vs Real Madrid (0 - 1) On Saturday 4th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.