Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation (22881 Views)

Faeces Take Over Premises Of Lagos General Hospital / Aljazeera Undercover Investigation Exposes Fake Doctors In Nigeria (video) / Fertility Clinics Buy Sperm From Lagosians For N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Iceman296: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2013
This Is Serious, I thought One Could get "Cleaner" water in the Island than Mainland Due the Fact that Its Surrounded By Ocean.

I hope the Government and Individuals involved take this Seriously Owing to the Fact that Cholera and Typhoid is On Rampage!
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2013
Jakumo:

Water smelling like rotten eggs?

Wata don pass garri for dem be dat o. Rich man paradise where dem dey take gutter water dey baf, and den drink am. E get as e be.

I wouldn't for the life of me believe that you, Jakumo, would gulp down that guy's obvious lies without choking off it. Except of course it is that I need to enrol for extra lessons in sarcasm.

The water infact has an unmistakable metallic smell and taste, especially when it is untreated.

But is metallic smell == rotten egg smell? a la hydrogen sulphide?

However, I must confess I have heard instances of hydrogen sulphide in groundwater in some areas in the US. I doubt this is the case in Nigeria.
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Olugbenger(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

grin

Mr Okoro too will come on NL and say he has a 8 bedroom duplex in VI when he is actually the chief security officer grin grin

How is life in Fantasia Mr Billyonaire? grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Zet72(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
No need of commenting, since I don't leave in the island...........Whistling away.....
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire: My Atmospheric Drinking Water Condenser does it for me. It costs just 300,000 Naira and makes water from Air, up to 30 litres per day.
They said some that cost N500000 still ain't up to standard, and ure here talking of something that cost N200,000 less....Bro, ur definitely drinking shiyyt. No wonder ur words always stink. Poverty billionaire.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by homerac7: 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
olu_kenzo :

I wouldn't for the life of me believe that you, Jakumo, would gulp down that guy's obvious lies without choking off it. Except of course it is that I need to enrol for extra lessons in sarcasm.

The water infact has an unmistakable metallic smell and taste, especially when it is untreated.

But is metallic smell == rotten egg smell? a la hydrogen sulphide?

However, I must confess I have heard instances of hydrogen sulphide in groundwater in some areas in the US. I doubt this is the case in Nigeria.

Bros, its possible to have smelly raw water with rotten egg smell, but definitely it must have been sourced from a shallow aquifer. The solution is very very simple; aerate it.
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by specco(m): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
Jakumo: As the old saying goes, any fool can pee against the wall, but it takes a frigging genius to pinch a loaf onto the ceiling.

Be that as it may, can we now safely conclude that many residents of the Lagos metropolis who occupy the most affluent addresses are in fact habitual consumers of sewage effluent?

If the cream of Lagos society are in fact enjoying a diet that includes their own solid and liquid waste, yet manage to appear so vibrant and healthy all the time, perhaps eating chit isn't such an unhealty habit after all. Matter of fact, some of my best friends have probably been eating chit for a long time, and haven't ever complained to my hearing so far, so hey, maybe I ought to try some one day.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

One of those ass lickers who would gladly enjoy the stench of a 'big' man's mess and interpret same as a nice perfume.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Ninilowo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
omiobo: Make lagos state siddon there,most of the houses in Ikoyi,lekki,VI has water treatment plant. They are aware of the condition of their water,so in Ikoyi,lekki,VI you cant see a house without water treatment plant.
ko pari?
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
I think they should have a central sewage system or septic tank like the one in OAU, Ile-Ife, that will be somewhat far from the residential area of the said place.
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by amiskurie(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
drinknk shit!
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
What a moronic journalist.

Which people live in Highbrow areas drink water from their borehole.

Ediot!

Even those of us from Ajegunle dey buy pure water to drink.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
no wonder yuzedo is full of shyytt. he has been drinking shytttt water in his banana iceland mansion tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sagamite: What a moronic journalist.

Ediot!

you are back in naija Sagamite ?
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Sagamite(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: you are back in naija Sagamite ?

No, I meant where I grew up. grin
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Badassniggga(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Chino72: I was in lekki recently to see a friend. I just spent 2 nites there I couldn't stay anymore. I put on the shower to bath, the running water smells like rotten egg. You could actually perceive the stench odor of their water. Lagos is the worst place anybody should live in Nigeria. The slum city sux!
Da fuq Hope i've not been drinking shiit..
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sagamite:

No, I meant where I grew up. grin
oh ok lol. whats good bruv ? been a hot minute. trust all is copacetic cheesy
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: oh ok lol. whats good bruv ? been a hot minute. trust all is copacetic cheesy

I dey o, bruv.

Today na football engrossing day. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by 3ace(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sometimes you get to 200 metres or 300 metres before you can get drinkable water but some will say it is too expensive.
Too expensive? Then they should pay a higher price with their lives.
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by rottenegg: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Jakumo:

Water smelling like rotten eggs?

Wata don pass garri for dem be dat o. Rich man paradise where dem dey take gutter water dey baf, and den drink am. E get as e be.
Hey! Na who call my name for here?
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
#faints and wakes up as water is poured on me#
"dats poo-water, get another!" #faints again#
seriously, this is heart breaking
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Chinwem(f): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Most of them live off bottled water anyway since they can afford and use borehole for domestic/household cleaning
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by donPhill(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
not sure if all of u commenting finished reading this long post
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sagamite:

I dey o, bruv.

Today na football engrossing day. grin
i hear ya bruv. i tried to get into that football thing. i just cant. the whole football culture i find extremely irritating
1-the idolatry ( even village men in naija wear football jerseys idolizing europeans who look down on them )
2-the extreme capitalism of it. paying an id-iot half a million pounds a week for kicking a ball
3-too many caucasians in it ( not saying i am racist but i see enough of them as it is. i dont need to watch them kicking a ball on tv )
4-the yob culture and violence and drunkeness that comes with it

lol ermm yup, i find the whole thing extremely annoying. but thats just me lol
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sagamite: What a moronic journalist.

Ediot!

come, dem use anger/vexation/bad belle do you jazz?
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Truckpusher(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire: My Atmospheric Drinking Water Condenser does it for me. It costs just 300,000 Naira and makes water from Air, up to 30 litres per day.
Bro this na advert things naa.....sebi na you dey import am come ? cheesy
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Truckpusher(m): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
kingoflag: They said some that cost N500000 still ain't up to standard, and ure here talking of something that cost N200,000 less....Bro, ur definitely drinking shiyyt. No wonder ur words always stink. Poverty billionaire.
grin grin grin Why are you always angry and fighting rich people?.......
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by everyday: 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
Na wah ooo.It mean i have to leave here sharp sharp
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by 3ace(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
Afrocatalyst :
The more reason I tell people to
fumigate their houses but they tink it's
becos it's my bizness.
Afrocatalyst :
Call me on 08073122596 to start up your own pest control program,which is cheaper. (whatsapp too).
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow
Ofcourse it's your business otherwise you won't be advertising here.
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by Akshow: 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
I swear to God u be foooooool. Empty garawa before na dem de shout pass. Poverty infested bush rat forming porsh and cream for anonymous forum. She u say na States u de for the oda thread. Unrepentant incorrigible liar.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by carluva(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
[s][/s]The Rich Also Drink Shit
Re: Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation by redsun(m): 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
People tend to wonder why people die suddenly and young in nigeria when an average citizen does not have safe drinking water. The more africans are expose to polutions that comes with oyimbo civilization and not taking adequate steps to safeguide the environment,the more they are expose catastrophic epidemics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Obaseki Goes Into Self-isolation, Sends In Samples For Testing / Top Facts About Laughter You Did Not Know / A Course Not Found In The Curriculum:They Ruined Our Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.