Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 - Sports (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (143361 Views)

Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 4:36am On Nov 06, 2013
kabba7:

Just read somewhere this morning that some of our under 17 playersare actually married with children , I understand some family members were at the airport during departure . I don't know how accurate the report is , I will therefore wish anyone with the accurate report to come up to counter . though am aware ee are a country with large scale fraud including but not limited to election rigging,looting .kidnapping,scammers ,am not too com fortable with report though the report never said only naija fielded o et players seem that is the in thing in this years tournament.
this is an example of an ignorant nigerian.You dont want and dont believe in change.thats why u think ur country cant do well without cheating.Even if someone told u they are married with kids,dont u yourself have eyes ??.
So in your eyes these small boys look like married people ??.
Lol.If so,then u need to visit an optician.

9 Likes

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02am On Nov 06, 2013
kabba7:

Just read somewhere this morning that some of our under 17 playersare actually married with children , I understand some family members were at the airport during departure . I don't know how accurate the report is , I will therefore wish anyone with the accurate report to come up to counter . though am aware ee are a country with large scale fraud including but not limited to election rigging,looting .kidnapping,scammers ,am not too com fortable with report though the report never said only naija fielded o et players seem that is the in thing in this years tournament.

angry FUCCK YOU!
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by autchman144(m): 6:10am On Nov 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

angry FUCCK YOU!

lol.....dem done de import fcuuk u image ni
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:19am On Nov 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

angry FUCCK YOU!
lol grin
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by femi4: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2013
SuyaEater: 3 consecutive finals for Nigeria when they qualify
No, we no qualify in 2011
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2013
Read below!!

Birikiti: I believe posters should be objective and know facts behind a story before coming out with categorical statements!

1) This set of Eaglets is a result of long term planning that started 3 years ago with the NFF assembling a National U-13 team.

2) Many of these guys have been together in different academies across the country since then. Some have gone out to play in Youth tournaments in SA, Europe and Asia over the years.

3) The coaches Manu, Amunike, Ugbade and Amadi started screening 2 years ago. Many of these guys had to take leaves of absence to go for school exams, in fact, most of them just wrote the last SSCE exams.

4) MRI tests were carried out at several stages and I can categorically say that up to 8 key players were dropped because they were on the borderline of the MRI results. Now the MRI is not an absolute test as even trialists like 16 year old Abuchi Obinwa, who was born and brought up in the USA failed the test.

5) We need to appreciate the work the coaches have put in the team even in the face of disqualification of so many key players. We have not seen such a free scoring Nigerian side since Japan 93 which we know was populated by relatively "older" and more experienced U-17s (lol).

6) I believe this team is a foundation for Nigerian domination of World football in the not too distant future! If they are well managed and nutured, with clubs that have a history of youth development taking most of them... then I can wager that Nigeria will win the World Cup in Qatar 2022 (8 years from now) all other things (like good administration/ adequate government backing) being equal

7) In addition to the more visible prospect, Success, Ihenacho, Yahaya, Mohammed (capt) I would like to point out the tireless workers in the team; the 2 central defenders Zaharadin Bello and Abubakar as well as pit-bull defensive midfielder Akinjide Idowu as massive prospects in this team.

cool I wish the team would win the cup but in-experience and youth exuberance might be critical factors. Notwithstanding, the boys are the future of Nigerian football irrespective of the outcome of this tournament.

9) Lastly, has anyone noticed that almost every part of Nigeria is represented in this team? And before folks shout federal character policy, everyone has acquitted themselves well showing they all deserved their places! It goes to show that Nigeria's diversity is a strength we should build on to become a world super power. Let us not allow politicians divide us, together we can make Nigeria take a place of pride in the comity of nations!

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2013
NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION, NFF U-13 PROGRAMME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVHA1yfGac&
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2013
femi4: No, we no qualify in 2011

yea...but when we have qualified...we have reached 3 consecutive finals grin
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2013
Wow nigeria actually got this one right. Look at the goals those 13 year olds are scoring!! And I can see kelechi iheanacho there, those boys are truly young.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by iamdsam: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2013
Thank God! The finals all the way. We're winning this one
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by balladin: 7:43am On Nov 06, 2013
tbaba12345: Manu Garba really celebrated Chidera Ezeh's goal... Kid put in a lot of effort today.

Did you see the boyish smile on Chidera's face after his goal? So happy for Nigeria. Shows we can win fair and square, no need to cheat.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by olly4life: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2013
slimthugchimee: na who give you 1 you go give them

@Zeebah that quote 3:1.

Oh I see, as ur NL name depict- na for Zoo TV U̶̲̥̅̊ watch ur own match, so Sweden score for there- na Ibadan Zoo stadium dem play d game abi- yeye carrier of false report. Kudos to d boyz.

Pls don't underestimate d Mexicans, they will want to come out tormenting- I luv d style of d Coach, always on his feet to give direction- Iheanacho shld b warned not to b selfish, Awoniyi shld b encourage more.

Biko warn gej / pej or polithievesians to stay clear of this kids o for now else d their bad omen go rob for them body o. A word is enough for d .........fill in d gap.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 06, 2013
What do you have to say about the MRI test? Bad belle go purge ur intestine.
chic2pimp:

U are the bigger fool. Unlike Nigeria Sweden ACTUALLY DO keep records. Anoufia!

1 Like

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Princek12(m): 8:40am On Nov 06, 2013
django1: Wow nigeria actually got this one right. Look at the goals those 13 year olds are scoring!! And I can see kelechi iheanacho there, those boys are truly young.

Those boys are young. Despite them being young, I am sure some people here will still call them "overaged" players.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Eifeh(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Must u brg tribalism issue here? It pple lyk u dat has made nigeria wat it is today. Eaglets dat playd d match playd wit undastanin nd harmony, nw u want to cause trouble. Is it only iheanacho dat is playin? Witout team work wil he b able to score? U r a disgrace to igbos
how do know he is Igbo? He is not igbo

1 Like

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by castrokins(m): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2013
I want to thank Coach Manu and his team for giving us this ocean of talented footballers. You guys made the right selections as evident in your performances throughout the tournament. Nigeria will rule the world. Congratulations Nigerians, We the BEST!!!
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by emmmyyax(m): 11:50am On Nov 06, 2013
These guys (eaglet) are wonders
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Jodekss(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Jodekss(m): 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
naija noni:
this is an example of an ignorant nigerian.You dont want and dont believe in change.thats why u think ur country cant do well without cheating.Even if someone told u they are married with kids,dont u yourself have eyes ??.
So in your eyes these small boys look like married people ??.
Lol.If so,then u need to visit an optician.
i cant laugh jo... Lol https://www.nairaland.com/1506982/english-vocabulary-paradise-%E2%9D%B6-vocab
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Emmysteve: Attention seeking goat, U have been noted. Can we move on now

NFA. No future ambition. That's what you are. A corrupt country like Nigeria fielding over aged boys with bones as hard as concrete and you are there celebrating rubbish. How foolish you are. Instead of me to watch that match, I'lld rather try to count the stars. Rubbish!
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
dr_joshua2000:

NFA. No future ambition. That's what you are. A corrupt country like Nigeria fielding over aged boys with bones as hard as concrete and you are there celebrating rubbish. How foolish you are. Instead of me to watch that match, I'lld rather try to count the stars. Rubbish!

Do you have any proof for this assertion of yours apart from prejudice?
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by HIPROFILE(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Over age boys. When they get to senior team now they'll be playing rubbish. Na wa for this country sef.

see as u dey open mouth close like Uruguay Gaffer who made same silly statement like yours knowing fully well that three different age screening were conducted on them (nff. caf. fifa ).certifying their eligibility for the competition Oooh seems obvious u dant know that I see... I therefore pardon you ignoramus but dant talk like this again ok
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
I love reading from this fifa web page. Check out the bold sentences grin grin grin

Sweden’s players sat on the floor outside the changing rooms of the Rashid Stadium, their mouths turned down. They fiddled with their phones amid the steady din of partying Nigerian fans, still celebrating outside. There was no chatter, none of the usual banter and joke-cracking that followed their previous games here in UAE. They’d been well beaten by Nigeria in the semi-final.

“They deserve to be in the final,” Valmir Berisha, Sweden’s No9, one of the gems of these U-17 finals, told FIFA.com. “They play the game beautifully and they were better than us today.”

It’s a generous sentiment for a losing player, one step away from a World Cup final in his country’s first-ever participation. Berisha, with a half smile creeping through the sadness and the sparks of anger, knew the better team won. For a player who’s drawn comparisons to renegade countryman Zlatan Ibrahimovic, both on and off the pitch, Berisha’s reaction is mature and selfless. And it shows a tremendous respect for the game.

“They don’t miss their chances,” Berisha, who scored four goals in UAE so far with a third-place play-off against Argentina still to come on 8 November. “And that’s what a good teams does. You’re never going to get a lot of chances to score in a World Cup semi-final. They took their chances and we didn’t,” he added after the 3-0 result, a scoreline which flattered the Nigerians who were only up 1-0 with ten minutes to go.

The game-plan to score early, like they did in the 3-3 draw against these same Nigerians in the first round, didn’t pan out as Roland Larsson’s men had hoped. Instead, the three-time champion Africans settled into a frenzied attacking rhythm. They were spurred on by their fans, who bayed appreciatively when the young Eaglets had the ball and hissed wickedly when they lost it. Each of Nigeria’s three goals was met with a roar from the crowd of well over 9000. The fans jumped up and down in the humble old stadium that’s almost lost at the base of Dubai, a city climbing toward the sky.

Berisha, who has proven himself a dignified youngster despite his combative personality on the pitch, congratulated all of the Nigerian players at the final whistle. He put his arms around them in appreciation. He knows good football when he sees it. “I went to all of them, especially their forwards, and I told them: ‘you must win the final, and if you don’t then football just isn’t fair.’

Swedish dignity in defeat
“Their football is just amazing,” added the Albania-born forward, whose strength, scoring prowess and ability to hold the ball up in traffic, mark him out for a bright future. And even though most of the fans were wearing green in the Rashid Stadium on the night, the memory of the passion and noise, the trumpets blaring, will linger in Berisha’s mind.

While the Nigerians celebrated noisily, maybe even cockily, after the final whistle, Sweden’s No9 made a point to walk over to the massive bank of African fans and applaud what they’d brought to the game. It was a quiet gesture of great dignity. “I had to thank them,” was his simple reply.

Sometimes in football, we lose sight of the quality of the individual in the hunt for the next big thing, the next goal, the next title, the next golden generation. In Berisha, after the final whistle of his losing semi-final in Dubai, we saw a young man appreciating how far he and his mates had come and just how good football can be.

“I’m not crying right now because we made a name for ourselves,” he went on, a genuine pride in his voice. “People all over the world now know that the next generation of Swedish players can play some football, and we’re desperate to finish with a medal.”

Judging by the reaction of his star man, his foraging and talented No9, it shouldn’t be hard for Sweden boss Larsson to get the boys motivated for the consolation game, the undercard, on final day. “We get to play another game.” Berisha concluded, half a smile on his face, a young man looking forward to running out on the pitch again.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=2219213/index.html?intcmp=newsreader_news_box_4

1 Like

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by HIPROFILE(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Over age boys. When they get to senior team now they'll be playing rubbish. Na wa for this country sef.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
And a mofo was telling me this is a father angry

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
HI-PROFILE:

see as u dey open mouth close like Uruguay Gaffer who made same silly statement like yours knowing fully well that three different age screening were conducted on them (nff. caf. fifa ).certifying their eligibility for the competition Oooh seems obvious u dant know that I see... I therefore pardon you ignoramus but dant talk like this again ok

Go and jump into a canal. slowpoke like you. Tomorrow you'll claim under 15. If people like you are executed Nigeria will move forward.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Oops Hi profile forgive me Ok. I was under the influence of ..... Let's be palleys ok?
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
2s£xy:
What do you have to say about the MRI test? Bad belle go purge ur intestine.

MECHIONU!..... SHUT IT!
Only a dolt would compare Nigeria and Sweden as far as record keeping is concerned.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
chic2pimp:

MECHIONU!..... SHUT IT!
Only a dolt would compare Nigeria and Sweden as far as record keeping is concerned.

What record keeping are you on about? Some of those players were not even born in Sweden, but in countries like Turkey and Albania which are not as developed as you might think. Or you think every state, county and village in Europe is super-developed? Besides who say information stored in computers cannot be altered. Ever heard about witness protection programmes that can give you a whole new identity? Gimme a break. Was it not in the USA that one man kept his three daughter locked up in a cellar for over 10 years and even had babies with them. What records recorded those births? Do you know how many records have been lost to wars in the Balkans. Do you know how many immigrants have crisscrossed the different borders of Europe with children whose ages were simply declared by their parents and registered by immigration.

Keep on deluding yourself that Western age records are 100% perfect.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by usbcable(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
HABA to say this person don born pickin is a dis-service to the billions of fathers world wide grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1399121_Capture22_JPGddccc4052ae9299d7d930d60bec9b1ef
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
White man is your god and you will continue to be their slave foooollll!
chic2pimp:

MECHIONU!..... SHUT IT!

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.