Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,773 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? (2887 Views)

Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Am a very big fan of rap music in general(by any artist). But, in every field, they must be a person or persons that will stand-out among the rest..... So, who is the best rapper alive?. Is it......
1. Jay-Z: This guy, i mean man is one of most successful rap artist in the world.. But, is he the best?... With more than 15 grammy awards in his account. Jay-Z does'nt even write down his lyrics, he just stores it on his head (according to him)..
2. Nas: This nigga just do his thing his way, his music is so original (just how hip-hop is surpose to be). He is said to be the most expensive artise in the world (you got to be rich before you can work with him). A lyrical machine with awards to prove it. Forbes even name him the most lyrical artist of all time...
3. Eminem: To me, Slim Shady is it, he is the best. Em is a perfect artist (at least, to me). He raps with energy, got nice rhymes, sends a fantastic message and also does his thing with passion. Just love everything about him..
4. Andre3000: Don't really know much about him. But,his music is good and pure. Andre is one of the greatest rappers of all time according to forbes... Honestly, he is more than qualified for the list...
5. Kendrick Lamar: According to him, he is one of the best m.c.. Maybe, maybe not. All i know is that, he is very good but still young in music..
Other contestants are,
6. Rick Ross
7. The Game
8. Snoop Lion
9. T. I
10. and......... Olamide..
My fellow music lovers, who do you think is worth your vote?..
Only music lovers, pls
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by Adex097: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
JAY Z aka baba blue grin
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Eminem #TheLyricalGenius
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
u tink so?
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by Lilamartedi(f): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Eminem.No competition

1 Like

Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
Adex097: JAY Z aka baba blue grin
y

Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by mimicue(f): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Eminem
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
mimicue: Eminem
ur favourite music
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by kolidave: 12:17am On Nov 03, 2013
seunaboaba: ur favourite music
daddy showkey and idris abdulkareem
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by kolidave: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2013
daddy showkey and idris abdulkareem
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 03, 2013
Well my Best rappers alive are LIL wayne and RICK ROSS
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Where are the kendrick lamar fans?

Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2013
Immortal Technique
Krs-One
R.A The Rugged Man
Pharoahe Monch
Diabolic
Slug
Jean Grae
Mf Doom
Del the Funky Homosapien
O.C
The Last Emperor
Poison Pen
El-P
Ghostface killah
Inspectah Deck
Hopsin
Masta Ace
Akir
Raekwon
Nas
Black Thought
Chuck D
Rakim
Common
Saigon
Cormega
Prince Po
Talib Kweli
Gza
Rza
Method Man
Q-tip
Eminem
Masta Killa
Cappadonna
Pusha T
No Malice
Dice Raw
Phonte
Stic.man
M-1
Mos Def
Sadat X
Brother Ali
Vinnie Paz (only if his lyrics weren't anti-christian would have been my number one, remains at the bottom for now)
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
RSAMAN: Immortal Technique
Krs-One
R.A The Rugged Man
Pharoahe Monch
Diabolic
Slug
Jean Grae
Mf Doom
Del the Funky Homosapien
O.C
The Last Emperor
Poison Pen
El-P
Ghostface killah
Inspectah Deck
Hopsin
Masta Ace
Akir
Raekwon
Nas
Black Thought
Chuck D
Rakim
Common
Saigon
Cormega
Prince Po
Talib Kweli
Gza
Rza
Method Man
Q-tip
Eminem
Masta Killa
Cappadonna
Pusha T
No Malice
Dice Raw
Phonte
Stic.man
M-1
Mos Def
Sadat X
Brother Ali
Vinnie Paz (only if his lyrics weren't anti-christian would have been my number one, remains at the bottom for now)
wat a list tongue
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2013
With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch of the rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while Lil Wayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about real life and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjects
Eminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, even into his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release a unique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.
That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by mindtricks: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
RSAMAN: Immortal Technique
Krs-One
R.A The Rugged Man
Pharoahe Monch
Diabolic
Slug
Jean Grae
Mf Doom
Del the Funky Homosapien
O.C
The Last Emperor
Poison Pen
El-P
Ghostface killah
Inspectah Deck
Hopsin
Masta Ace
Akir
Raekwon
Nas
Black Thought
Chuck D
Rakim
Common
Saigon
Cormega
Prince Po
Talib Kweli
Gza
Rza
Method Man
Q-tip
Eminem
Masta Killa
Cappadonna
Pusha T
No Malice
Dice Raw
Phonte
Stic.man
M-1
Mos Def
Sadat X
Brother Ali

Bros, your head dey there joor, no be all those weak names them just dey call!
...but you miss some core names. Above all, I choose eN A eS.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
mindtricks:

Bros, your head dey there joor, no be all those weak names them just dey call!
...but you miss some core names. Above all, I choose eN A eS.

What are those names pal? And don't tell me about lil' wayne, his music is going to fade soon when nobody will even remember who he is, that's how crap he is.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 12:51am On Nov 17, 2013
seunaboaba: Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release a unique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.
That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC.

If he's the greatest living mc then copy/paste any verse by lil wayne that beats this verse

Rapper: Inspectah Deck
Song: Triumph

“I bomb atomically
Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can’t define how I be droppin' these
mockeries
Lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery
Possibly they spotted me
Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my
pen hits
Tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind
forensics
I inspect you, through the future see
millennium
Killer Bees sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics
Graphic displays melt the steel like
blacksmiths
Black Wu jackets queen B’s ease the guns in
Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the
function
Heads by the score take flight incite a war
Chicks hit the floor, die hard fans demand
more
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe
slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin' swords like
Shinobi
Stomp grounds and pound footprints in
solid rock
Wu got it locked, performing live on your
hottest block”
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
RSAMAN:

If he's the greatest living mc then copy/paste any verse by lil wayne that beats this verse

Rapper: Inspectah Deck
Song: Triumph

“I bomb atomically
Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can’t define how I be droppin' these
mockeries
Lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery
Possibly they spotted me
Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my
pen hits
Tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind
forensics
I inspect you, through the future see
millennium
Killer Bees sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics
Graphic displays melt the steel like
blacksmiths
Black Wu jackets queen B’s ease the guns in
Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the
function
Heads by the score take flight incite a war
Chicks hit the floor, die hard fans demand
more
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe
slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin' swords like
Shinobi
Stomp grounds and pound footprints in
solid rock
Wu got it locked, performing live on your
hottest block”
this is lil wayne_blooded verse one.
Once again it's on, yea I'm back in the booth
Stayin at the top like a tack in the roof
Still on these hoes, like a mack in a suit
Still on my toes, not a crack in my shoe
Rappers talkin bout me, but I don't give a hoot
These niggas still lyin, I'm the motherfuckin truth
Talk tough, 'till I knock off ya couf
And I own my team, I'm like a Maloof
They hatin' on me, I'm just trying to be Weezy
Just like Young Jeezy, in the lima bean 'ghini
Smoked out my mind baby now I'm seeing 3D
Dope boy fresh, from my fitted to my DC
All red, so these hoes know who we be
We be's, bloods we B's
Pop pop flows, ya'll niggas sweet pea
Gettin high on the yacht, call it sea weed
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
seunaboaba: this is lil wayne_blooded verse one.
Once again it's on, yea I'm back in the booth
Stayin at the top like a tack in the roof
Still on these hoes, like a mack in a suit

Still on my toes, not a crack in my shoe
Rappers talkin bout me, but I don't give a hoot
These niggas still lyin, I'm the motherfuckin truth
Talk tough, 'till I knock off ya couf
And I own my team, I'm like a Maloof
They hatin' on me, I'm just trying to be Weezy
Just like Young Jeezy, in the lima bean 'ghini

Smoked out my mind baby now I'm seeing 3D
Dope boy fresh, from my fitted to my DC
All red, so these hoes know who we be
We be's, bloods we B's

Pop pop flows, ya'll niggas sweet pea
Gettin high on the yacht, call it sea weed

Are you saying this weak a55 rap is better than the verse by inspectah deck, Eh? That's what you must be saying because i've asked you to copy/paste a verse by lil wayne better than the one i pasted and you copied and pasted this verse. And to compare such a crappy verse to inspectah deck's, which is one of the greatest verses in rap history is unacceptable, Check the bolded pal, the crappiest lines by any rapper and the most hilarious, and i've had a difficult time to choose lines to bold because the whole verse is crap. You're not serious pal. So much for a greatest rapper. Let me copy/paste some more crappy lines from lil wayne, i'll like to see you defend them. And we haven't started yet pal, i'm still warming you up!
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
here are those lines pal and i want to know how such a greatest rapper alive could rap such lame lines

Song: John
I get money to kill time, dead clocks

Song: How to hate
But don't f.uck up with Wayne cause when it "Waynes" it pours

Song: Keri Hilson ft Lil Wayne - Turnin' me on
I turn you on like a handle Like a television on the weather channel Cause I make it rain girl Now call me Wayne girl

And I'm still warming you up, I haven't started at all.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
RSAMAN: here are those lines pal and i want to know how such a greatest rapper alive could rap such lame lines

And I'm still warming you up, I haven't started at all.

me na eminem fan, jst read from d beginin of dis topic.. i saw dat article about wayne being d best, so i decided paste it to make dis tread lively. but honest dat verse is nt dat tite, chek out em's 25 to lyf 1st verse or jay's izzo 1st verse.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
seunaboaba: me na eminem fan, jst read from d beginin of dis topic.. i saw dat article about wayne being d best, so i decided paste it to make dis tread lively. but honest dat verse is nt dat tite, chek out em's 25 to lyf 1st verse or jay's izzo 1st verse.

will check them out.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by Pdizzle(m): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
weezy is crap, Nas is main man on dah list n kendrick z sellout, eminem z gud but nt in d class of the lyrical nas..the only few gud rappers arnd are pusha t. J.Cole, jay electronica. RSAMAN ur list is d bomb..But no canibus, scarface, big daddy kane, biggie?
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Pdizzle: weezy is crap, Nas is main man on dah list n kendrick z sellout, eminem z gud but nt in d class of the lyrical nas..the only few gud rappers arnd are pusha t. J.Cole, jay electronica. RSAMAN ur list is d bomb..But no canibus, scarface, big daddy kane, biggie?
i hear u
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2013
have u all forgotten
mase
twista
talid kwali
scareface
ghostface
snoop dogg(wen he was good)
common
kane
nelly
andre 3000
ll cool j
ice cube
rakim &
dmx
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by RSAMAN(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Pdizzle: weezy is crap, Nas is main man on dah list n kendrick z sellout, eminem z gud but nt in d class of the lyrical nas..the only few gud rappers arnd are pusha t. J.Cole, jay electronica. RSAMAN ur list is d bomb..But no canibus, scarface, big daddy kane, biggie?

Biggie was on my list and so was big pun and big l until i realized the topic title said best rapper ALIVE, so i had to modify my post. Thanx for reminding me about canibus and others, incredible emcees.
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 1:04am On Nov 21, 2013
check out eminem_lagacy... is tru hip hop
Re: Who Do U Think Is The ''best Rapper Alive''? by seunaboaba(m): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2014
The Best Rapper Alive, Every Year Since 1979
1979: Grandmaster Caz
1980: Kurtis Blow
1981: Kool Moe Dee
1982: Melle Mel
1983: Run
1984: Run
1985: LL Cool J
1986: KRS-One
1987: Rakim
1988: Slick Rick
1989: Big Daddy Kane
1990: Ice Cube
1991: Q-Tip
1992: Redman
1993: Snoop Doggy Dogg
1994: Nas
1995: The Notorious B.I.G.
1996: 2Pac
1997: The Notorious B.I.G.
1998: DMX
1999: Jay-Z
2000: Eminem
2001: Jay-Z
2002: Eminem
2003: 50 Cent
2004: T.I.
2005: Young Jeezy
2006: Lil Wayne
2007: Kanye West
2008: Lil Wayne
2009: Jay-Z
2010: Kanye West
2011: Drake
2012: Drake
2013: Kendrick Lamar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Old American Songs. / A Professional Graphics Designer At Your Service / Download Ep: Tems - For Broken Ears Ep [zip]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.