Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? (2541 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / 38,000 Emirates Skyward Miles For You At A Giveaway / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2013
wake up and decided to enter ibadan and try my luck,a town that i don't know any1,no friend no relative,i don't even know why i choose ibadan,i'm only following my heart,going to the far south west all the way from owerri,i know my destiny is in my hands so i want 2 control it,am leaving 2morrow morning but i have only #38,000(including my transport)how can survive?ibadan residents pls help
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by fubbyy(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2013
drake99: wake up and decided to enter ibadan and try my luck,a town that i don't know any1,no friend no relative,i don't even know why i choose ibadan,i'm only following my heart,going to the far south west all the way from owerri,i know my destiny is in my hands so i want 2 control it,am leaving 2morrow morning but i have only #38,000(including my transport)how can survive?ibadan residents pls help
thats the spirit bro,move on,God is with u
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2013
fubbyy: thats the spirit bro,move on,God is with u
thanks
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 8:33am On Nov 03, 2013
y'all should talk to me
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2013
Ibadan is a nice place to start, you'll surely love it
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by jonescyras(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Hoow long will you stay in ibadan? If you r a corp member, then fine but other than that, hmmm hmmm!!!!!!!
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by wasak(m): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2013
what are ur plans? looking for a job? starting a business or what? we need more
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Screwface(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Screwface(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2013
I stay in Ibadan, and depending on what your aims are, #38k can be ok for you to survive on for a month. Survive?
By survival, I mean, the basic things like food and cost of transportation basically. The foodstuffs are relatively cheap. The cost of transportation is the cheapest in all the state capital I've been to. Sachet water is still sold for #5 naira here. Unlike in some places in the west that I've been to.

Again, what are your intentions in the town? If you are thinking of starting up here, as in, accomodation and all that, then I'm afraid, you are on a long thing...38k sounds like child play, seriously!

Goodluck though

2 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2013
wasak: what are ur plans? looking for a job? starting a business or what? we need more
my going to ibadan is like the same way people travel to europe,america or asia to look 4 a greener pastures ,they don't have any particular thing in mind,all they want is to be there and take what they see in order to survive
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2013
Screwface: I stay in Ibadan, and depending on what your aims are, #38k can be ok for you to survive on for a month. Survive?
By survival, I mean, the basic things like food and cost of transportation basically. The foodstuffs are relatively cheap. The cost of transportation is the cheapest in all the state capital I've been to. Sachet water is still sold for #5 naira here. Unlike in some places in the west that I've been to.

Again, what are your intentions in the town? If you are thinking of starting up here, as in, accomodation and all that, then I'm afraid, you are on a long thing...38k sounds like child play, seriously!

Goodluck though
yes i think of starting up there,is there no possibility of standing with #38,000?
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Screwface(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
drake99: yes i think of starting up there,is there no possibility of standing with #38,000?

You'l pay for rent with that? Start what exactly? What's your plan? And how much do you think is the cost of transportation from the East up here?
You don't just jump into the unknown with barely enough to get you here from the East and still habor thoughts of surviving with that same amout. Nobody does that. This is suicidal at its best. A hundred thousand is decent enough.
If you were coming to meet a family or friend, it's still better. But starting all over, with that sum? Common bro, give this your plan a rethink.
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
For cheaper transport fare,just hop into any of the big government brt bus named ajumose. wink
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Madawaki01(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
If u hav a relative u want to stay with here or a friend,u hav big chances of survival with that 38k,but if u wil pay for accommodation wit dat 38k,i'm afraid,that wnt be possible,accommodation is the main thing,other things u wil be needing are very cheap.
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
pls how much is the cheapest hotel in ibadan? I want 2 pay 4 a week,b4 the week ends i must hook up with somone by his grace
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by fittty(m): 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ummm that money no be am oh.. But u go see guest house for 2k per night, discount of 7nights deyy included. Try enter beer parlor for the guest house or any other bar wey dey close make u paddy with any guy(igbo)for there. The one wey look like say e get house wey fit accommodate oh! But try buy am shayo one or two times before you chip the issue in. As e be like say u be igbo boy, na sunday b d best time to meet other igbo boyz wey come flex for beer palor. From there you fit dey help dem hustle for dem shops and make small small money till you get your ground.... Best of luck. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 6:05am On Nov 04, 2013
fittty: Ummm that money no be am oh.. But u go see guest house for 2k per night, discount of 7nights deyy included. Try enter beer parlor for the guest house or any other bar wey dey close make u paddy with any guy(igbo)for there. The one wey look like say e get house wey fit accommodate oh! But try buy am shayo one or two times before you chip the issue in. As e be like say u be igbo boy, na sunday b d best time to meet other igbo boyz wey come flex for beer palor. From there you fit dey help dem hustle for dem shops and make small small money till you get your ground.... Best of luck. Lol

thanks bro,dis is encouraging,am heading 2 the park right nw
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Screwface(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2013
drake99: thanks bro,dis is encouraging,am heading 2 the park right nw

Goodluck and safe trip.

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Madawaki01(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
drake99: thanks bro,dis is encouraging,am heading 2 the park right nw
safe trip,be updatin us oo
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
chaircover: Ibadan is cheap compared to some other cities, but you really must have something in mind ie plans.

I wish you all the best.
thanks, but if people must have plans b4 they travel then no1 will go to europe,people go there to take what they see
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by souleymon(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
what's chasing you from your state.
Are you paying for visa to go to ibadan
why compare to outside the country.
am sure this is a fiction mission
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
souleymon: what's chasing you from your state.
Are you paying for visa to go to ibadan
why compare to outside the country.
am sure this is a fiction mission
this no leave no transfer mentality u hav is why some people remain poor,nothing is wrong with trying somewhere else my bro
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by fittty(m): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2013
Igbo boys wey enter ibadan like you plenty for ibadan oh! Na just make u shine your eye and pray say u get good luck jam one wey go help you. I sabi plenty of Dem wey go ibadan with nada and today Dem fit boast of a house of their own with motor cycle(lol) or car. I dey always bow for their level of hustle cos Dem sabi hustle wella for Dem shops and invest wella on profitable things. Na on Sundays Dem dey always like comot flex for beer parlors. E for pay u if you sabi person before u comot go there but u still fit try your luck make u enter d ground meet person. Just try paddy with Dem and offer to assist Dem for Dem shop. With time u sef go get experience and make money from there. But bros no carry their money run oh! I no say make you carry their money run ooohh!!! Lol. Just dey loyal and u sef go dey see small small tin from daily sale. For example Dem fit tell u say one market na 5k minimum wey u fit sell for customer but if u see customer wey buy am for 8k, u fit pocket like 2k ontop am based on sales achievement wey Una go don talk together. But put God first in prayers oh. Good luck. grin

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by igbonla(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2013
No you cannot! NGN38,000 will not take you far. From your post, you would like to go hustle in Ibadan, God bless your hustle but please stay away from crime when you go broke. Because you will.

Ibadan is still transiting from a NGN500 to NGN1,000 economy and there are not so many opportunities. I am curious to see what you will end up doing especially with no plans and not knowing anybody.

And please stop comparing your adventure with going to Europe, they are too different!

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by kulex2k1(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2013
lol.... @ OP nice 1......
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by souleymon(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2013
drake99: this no leave no transfer mentality u hav is why some people remain poor,nothing is wrong with trying somewhere else my bro
Making transition with no sense of direction.
Am not discouraging you.
We differ in adaption.best of luck
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by fittty(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by fittty(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2013
chaircover:

The other day I saw a man ringing a bell over N600 shoes. Made me wonder how much he can make from a N600 pair of shoes to feed family.

Ehhhn! You say wetin? I sabi person wey dey sell shoes for N400 with full time house wife and 2 pikin for private primary schools. And e don build 4bedroom flat with car join am sef. All na for same Ibadan(Ogunpa to be precise) and same shoes wey no pass N400....

Op if you sabi person for that ground e for betta.
Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by drake99: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
i'm a true son of my father,a man who treked from anambra to owerri after the civil war in 1970 on bare foot but return home on a 504 brand new car,ibadan was my destination but i found my self in a town called ogbomosho,living in a free house,i always knw dat my destiny is in my hand,people fail because they dont try,am still watching to see what this will be

2 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan With #38,000,can I Survive? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
drake99: i'm a [b]true son of my father,[/b]a man who treked from anambra to owerri after the civil war in 1970 on bare foot but return home on a 504 brand new car,ibadan was my destination but i found my self in a town called ogbomosho,living in a free house,i always knw dat my destiny is in my hand,people fail because they dont try,am still watching to see what this will be

So, what do you need our advice for? And why didn't you trek from the East to IB since you are "a true son of your father"?

I don't have any problems with your suicide mission, i only cringe at your mentality. Comparing going to hustle in UK with IB. . .

Anyways, just don't constitute nuisance in that peaceful IB.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Experiences Of Nigerian Nurses Working In Ireland. / My Canadian Aunty Is Finding It Hard To Migrate Her Sons / Nigerians living in KIGALI RWANDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.