Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 (16207 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Mecca Stampede: Nigeria Death Toll Rises To 64 As NAHCON Identifies More Bodies / Fashola Visits Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church as Death Toll Hits 44 (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Very true

Sometimes people don't use their sense.
Even when they were already there they could have avoided the stampede by not trying to stop the chanting by force.

See what pride and ego has caused. Just because he couldn't stand hearing the name of his adversary.

PosteRity will judge him.
If I were the people of anambra,here ends his political career.
Nonsense
Meringe: Let's face the fact here.

Obiano/Apga team went to the prayerground unannounced.

So many supporters of Ngige who might not be politicians were at the Prayerground.

When Apga team were saying about their candidate _ Obiano, Ngige supporters began chanting 'Ngige ka anyi ga eso' (Ngige we will follow), there was an attempt to stop them which was unfruitful .

There came a FORCE to stop them by force which resulted in people running for their lives and caused great lost of precious human lives.

Now, who is to blame?

Apga/Peter Obi/Obiano or Ngige ?

Apga team came unannounced.... Point no. 1

Apga team reportedly made derogatory remark about Ngige whom they know has many Anambra supporters(grassroots)...... Point No 2

By trying to stop the 'Onwa' chant or the 'Ngige ka anyi ga eso' chant by force is the major cause ............ Grave mistake .............. Greatest point 3.

Let's be objective here.

Ngige is a grassroot man love by a common Anambra man , most importantly in this case a Knight of the Catholic Church and from the same LGA of the said prayer ground.

Having seen all these and wish to campaign with this glaring facts, who caused this disaster?
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by funshint(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2013
Obi/APGAs action of quickly heaping blame on Ngige is the greatest height of irresponsibility. Even his mere presence at the venue of d sad event indicts him. He shld pls just keep shut!!
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by farem: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2013
Are we missing something here?
Nobody is talking of the 'altar' where any bloody politician can hijack uninvited anytime. If they were not invited, how come they got access to the podium? If they were invited, what does the 'men of God' wanted to achieve? What was their motivation? Why are people not talking/thinking about this? Would this thread have been derailed if it were to be Oyedepo, Mouka, Oritsejafor's church?
Is it because na 'our infallible, but-grossly fallible (in this context) catholic church'?
I am just thinking aloud. Shouldn't our criticisms, condemnations, judgements, whether rightly or wrongly be without bias? Should we become suddenly blind,dumb and deaf when the tide turn against 'our own' person, tribe, religion,party and be belligerent when it is 'their own'?
GOOD REASONING, OBJECTIVITYARE UNDER ATTACK. I AM THINKING ALOUD!

2 Likes

Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by gleaf: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2013
It is quite unfortunate that peoples blood are been used for politicking! My question is why will Ngiges supporters be at a Virgil that there principal did not attend and why were they disrupting the event with shouts of Onwa? It really says slot!
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by funshint(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2013
gleaf: It is quite unfortunate that peoples blood are been used for politicking! My question is why will Ngiges supporters be at a Virgil that there principal did not attend and why were they disrupting the event with shouts of Onwa? It really says slot!
Ngige does not need 2 pay anybody 2 shout his name because he's passionately loved by most people. Even during d debate neutral audience were shouting ONWA!!... Dats 2 show u how popular he is in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Jabioro: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2013
Politics in the church,d Priest and d organiza of d programme should be blame,4 allowing d name of God,d premises of holy one 2 use and drag in this kind of quest,dat took alot of soul away..RIP 4 depart'd soul..
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by specco(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2013
Young po413: Anambra needs a YORUBA governor,daz all.

Ntang ata akpaniko!

Ndi Anambra are so politically savvy. Remember they voted for GEJ of PDP in the 2011 presidential election but still voted for Apga in the governorship election. They vote for personalities and not for parties. NGIGE being the man they want now, whether he is in POP, BJT. BBP or XYZ party they don't care. It is the individual that they are interested in and not party. So just chill.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Meringe(m): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2013
farem: Are we missing something here?
Nobody is talking of the 'altar' where any bloody politician can hijack uninvited anytime. If they were not invited, how come they got access to the podium? If they were invited, what does the 'men of God' wanted to achieve? What was their motivation? Why are people not talking/thinking about this? Would this thread have been derailed if it were to be Oyedepo, Mouka, Oritsejafor's church?
Is it because na 'our infallible, but-grossly fallible (in this context) catholic church'?
I am just thinking aloud. Shouldn't our criticisms, condemnations, judgements, whether rightly or wrongly be without bias? Should we become suddenly blind,dumb and deaf when the tide turn against 'our own' person, tribe, religion,party and be belligerent when it is 'their own'?
GOOD REASONING, OBJECTIVITYARE UNDER ATTACK. I AM THINKING ALOUD!
Your hatred on the Church should not make u think and reason so shallow.

In the history of Catholic church in Nigeria, they Church has not campaigned for any candidate.
If a candidate comes to a venue of Catholic gathering and requested to talk to people, the Catholic church can not stop him so far as he will not disrupt the objectives of the Gathering.

In Abia State, so much as T. A. Orji is hated in the State, when he came to CKC cathedral Aba during a black thursday Mass for Aba during the kidnapping era, though he was hated, the church didn't stop him from coming to the venue and even going the VIPs. That day anti chants against him were so much but his security details didn't harm anybody.

The church is very open to all and sundry.
The ebubemmuso crusade is one that attracts large crowd due to the fact Anambra are mostly catholic and you can't rule out a politician trying to capitalise on the crowd that the crusade pulls to campaign.

To show you how neutral the Church is, the Office of the bishop issued a statement on the incident without blaming any body in particular to avoid being drag to the mud of politics.

So, leave the church out of this.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by fxx2: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Young po413: Anambra needs a YORUBA governor,daz all.

Ntang ata akpaniko!

No! Sani Yerima for Anambra State.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by franksunny(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Leadn: Interesting! but seriously, I don't give a hoot watever the polithievians are saying :-/
All propaganda... I just wonder when Nigerians would grow some balls like Ghanians and wipe out all the criminals leading us in a "Political cleansing"

No offence please, are you a Ghanian
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Domaro: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
obayaya: I don't know where OP got his informations from. but the news we got here at the building materials international market ogidi in the same idemmili north on Saturday morning even before you guys started politicizing the whole thing was that..

after Peter Obi's team must have left the prayer ground and when Ppl were leaving the venue.. someone raised a false fire alarm because of the flame from a woman selling akara near by and that was what caused the stampede.

yes!! coming to the ground for campaign should be condemned but then even Ngige himself did the same sometime ago.

but playing politics with the dead as Ngige is doing leaves much to be desired.. Desperate politics should be condemned

more related to the communique issued by the church and the account published by vanguard.
My instinct tells me that some miscrants hijacked the opportunity to bring just confussion not knowing that it will result to stampede, because their own may be involve too. Lets blame neighther obi nor ngige, they didnt send them.
Mark my word, in no time the root cause (if still alive) will confess by ownself.
May God accept their souls as they die in his worship and adoration, Amen.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by ini4brandon(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
MY BROTHER TELL THEM O.
xxxkubexxx: I Blame the Rev. Father for these avoidable loses. for allowing the house of God(church) to be used for political motive. The church is the house of God where everyone is equal, its for uplifting of once spirituality only and it should be kept so.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by ayos82: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Obi,Ngige,and so called Nigerian politicians they re Vampires killing innocent people in the middle of the night.judgement day is coming.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by cold(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
So where was God in midst of all the chaos? Was he sleeping,was he eating,was he in the toilet or was he just sitting on his throne laughing his head off as 'his people' were trampling on themselves and dying like fowls?
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by nwaobitex: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
na wa oo
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by gbishman: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
All i have to say is that we human beings should fear and respect God and realise the fact that although God sees our transgressions, insults we should'nt tempt God because every thing has its tolerance level. U cannot use the name of God to murder this number of peole and think u would go scoth free who ever may have caused it. Remember its written that would ever would humble himself and pray to God, that he would come down to heal and fight their battle against the oppressed. A word is enough for the wise even the so called pastor that allowed his church to be used as a campaign ground. The blood of this innocent people are on ur head u the pastor
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Expensive72(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
I have said it before& I'm saying it again, God will punish that useless reverend father for taking the life of 50 something people., As for obi& ngige, they will die a miserable death & vulture will devour their carcass.....useless bastards
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by funshint(m): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Expensive72: I have said it before& I'm saying it again, God will punish that useless reverend father for taking the life of 50 something people., As for obi& ngige, they will die a miserable death & vulture will devour their carcass.....useless bastards
I pity u...there's always regret 4 any misdirected speech!
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by crackhouse(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
i wonder what they went there to look for. Since the inception of that Adoration ground, they have not visited that place but now they are doing campaign, they remembered adoration ground as the best place to do campaign. See what they have cause the poor people. Peter obi is using church to do politics and has been busy taking Willie Obiano round the churches and donating unsolicited money but it may not work out for him this time. Nonsense.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by greedie1(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
obayaya: after Peter Obi's team must have left the prayer ground and when Ppl were leaving the venue.. someone raised a false fire alarm because of the flame from a woman selling akara near by and that was what caused the stampede

this is what happened!! i know coz i lost a relative, a little boy....

Ngige is a mean and desperate politician, he ll do anything to be the gov- God forbid biko.

so obi and obiano went der like any normal christian and they didn't even campaign. they left before the stampede. obi had to cancel his official duties to be with survivors and condole the bereved,
no one heard yet, ngige is making a show of donating a paltry 500k. we know better.

someone should perhaps write about how ngige and his entourage disrupted prayers the last time dey went der, chanting and waving their short brooms. nonsense man.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by greedie1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
crackhouse: i wonder what they went there to look for. Since the inception of that Adoration ground, they have not visited that place but now they are doing campaign, they remembered adoration ground as the best place to do campaign. See what they have cause the poor people. Peter obi is using church to do politics and has been busy taking Willie Obiano round the churches and donating unsolicited money but it may not work out for him this time. Nonsense.

all politicians use church to do politics including ur 'beloved' ngige. the only reason why u heard about obi's
visit is coz of d unfortunate incidence. this isn't the first time he is visitin a religious body- he too wants salvation and redemption
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by chidonzone(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
always remember that a liar has no
brain!the house of God should not be
used for campaign.the question that
begs is why will a Gov.,his candidate
and party chairman doing at a vigil
in one entourage coupled with the
fact of addressing 'his' people at a
vigil?
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2013

So many supporters of Ngige who might not be politicians were at the Prayerground.

When Apga team were saying about their candidate _ Obiano, Ngige supporters began chanting 'Ngige ka anyi ga eso' (Ngige we will follow), there was an attempt to stop them which was unfruitful .

There came a FORCE to stop them by force which resulted in people running for their lives and caused great lost of precious human lives.

Now, who is to blame?

Apga team reportedly made derogatory remark about Ngige whom they know has many Anambra supporters(grassroots)...... Point No 2

By trying to stop the 'Onwa' chant or the 'Ngige ka anyi ga eso' chant by force is the major cause ............ Grave mistake .............. Greatest point 3.

Let's be objective here.

Ngige is a grassroot man love by a common Anambra man , most importantly in this case a Knight of the Catholic Church and from the same LGA of the said prayer ground.

Having seen all these and wish to campaign with this glaring facts, who caused this disaster?

That Peter Obi is just like his Abia state counterpart T.A. Orji, so much hated by the people.

Peter Obi is an ungodly man for using a night vigil for campaign. God will reward him. His candidatre has failed before the election. one less idiiiott to worry about.
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by greedie1(f): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
okpara ugo:

That Peter Obi is just like his Abia state counterpart T.A. Orji, so much hated by the people.

Peter Obi is an ungodly man for using a night vigil for campaign. God will reward him. His candidatre has failed before the election. one less idiiiott to worry about.

says you? lol
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by creativemusic: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
God help this nation from tragedy, it is enough
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by dollydolly(f): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2013

Now, who is to blame?

Let's be objective here.

. Guy u can lie ehnn! Where did u get ur information dat it was in an attempt to stop d ranting that the stampede started?
Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by kloe121(f): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2013

BIG FAT LIAR!!!

Now, who is to blame?

Let's be objective here.

Re: Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 15, 2014
DavidGodwin:

huh? What kind of human being are you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Spiritual Significance Of Semen / RCCG 68th Annual & 1st Virtual Convention, 3-9 August, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.