Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force (30495 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by benity: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
The meeting waas successful we thank God. Pack your bags
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Then why did GEJ agree to it?
No be GEJ agree to it o!
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Soferkizzy007: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] THIS ASUU ARE ONLY INTRESTED IN THERE POCKETS...JONATHAN SHOULD USE IS POWER TO PLZ CALL OFF.....OVA 120DAYZ @HOME NO B BEANS!!!
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by dsypha(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Wait oo, Is it that there are still in the meeting
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by dsypha(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
benity: The meeting waas successful we thank God. Pack your bags

You think we are here for Jokes
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by akpananiefiok(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
The situation of things in this country is getting out of hands,we are no longer optimistics of going to school,even somebody that is uneducated can boast of financial status to our graduates.just imagine one of the chairman of ASUU was interviewed ön Ait and this was what he said during his replied."we want the best for our students,we don't want our students to leave Nigeria to go and study in Ghana,that even the ghana that they are trooping into heard gone on strike for more than to years".for christ sake , how do they want nigeria educational sector to be changed over night,Is he trying to say that untill we do like ghana did that they would be no improvement on our's?.can't they understand that nigeria is still a developing nation?sometimes i wonder why we even got our independent so early?

Am not in support of what the federal government is doing but for the sake of our students let them accept the offer that was given to them.unless they would be the one to loss at the end of the day.
The president has the power to re-open our university just like what OBJ did in is own regime .but that not the way forward.
The major reason why fg had remain adament is because of other union.if ASUU demand is met other unions would also rise and embark on an indefinite strike.and this is what fg is trying to aviod.
This is what i have to say for now.u can add me on whatsapp; 08177052462 and 2go; akpan1341
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Promhize:

That boldness and courage has turned to stupidity and inhumanity, TF students have been at for 4 months, for what?

They say our Universities are producing "half-baked" graduates. Except for science, I don't see how collecting huge sums from government will produce a better graduate. I'm not a science student but I heard they teach students Fortran 1995 in OAU, mere hearing '1995', this is 2013 (14 sef), when there is fortran 03, 08.

Part of the Universities problem comes from lazy lecturers. Science/tech related companies in Nigeria today have to send their to-be employees abroad to train! them before they start work.

What do we now say about graduates from the Faculty of Social sciences, Art, Environmental design, that don't meet our expectations of a graduate?
I'm not trying to defend the government, but the point I'm trying to get at is that the way Nigerian Universities are managed should be changed.

Just like Jamb that produces syllabus every 5 or so years, there should be a body that ensures that courses are up-to-date esp in science.

And the practice of always employing students that graduate with first class has to be scrutinized. I've seen students on 2nd class (upper division) who are generally better than the ones on 1st class. All what some of these 1st class students do is cram, cram their way to pass. How is someone that crams expected to be able to teach effectively?

I remember my SSC (statistics) lecturer in 200 level, that guy didn't know poo, all he did was bring a note (that he was probably taught with) write questions from the note, and solved from the note - he couldn't solve the advanced questions without looking at the note. On some occasions when the "igi-iwes" at the front brought difficult questions, he either gives it as assignment or starts asking anyone to come try it out, until the class ends. MY POINT NOT EVERYONE CAN TEACH. As intelligent as Einstein was, he might suck at teaching.

And Lecturers being treated as small gods, in the sense that no matter what they do, it is virtually impossible to report them. I'm happy OAU seems to be doing a little about this now. In school, I have a friend that performs better than me in virtually all the courses we do together. In one particular course (very simple course) I had an 'A' or 'B' and the guy had a 'F'. After disturbing the lecturer for a long time, he found out that the man did not even touch he's script and he just gave 'F', after much delay again the man gave him an 'E' and asked him to leave.

Now imagine someone trying maintain his 1st class, that 'E' is disastrous. The lecturer did not change it and the guy couldn't do anything, if he tries to report him (which afterall will end up like the case of our politicians), every other course that the lecturer teaches him in the coming years, he will fail them (and you know why) . In science its even worse, if you go to a lecturer to challenge your result, you will be replied with a threat, the threat is something like this "if you discover that that's your real score, I will give you an 'F'".

OMG, this is lovely.. Since this strike started I have been saying this... Jonathan might be really daft for agreeing to that shady deal in the first place but giving ASUU dat amount of money is only going to solve about 30% of the problems facing our universities, "that is if the money is used for the reason why it was collected which is very much unlikely".. Although dat is another case.. We still have the lecturing and administrative problems to contend with.. I had a lecturer that barely came to class, not just an ordinary lecturer, a Doctor, always claiming to be too busy to attend to undergraduates.. Imagine such nonsense.. The annoying part is that he is so revered and feared by his colleagues that even the head of department cannot call him to order... This lecturers seem to have formed a unit, like a mafia, they protect themselves and gang up against any student who irks any of them.. Also, not all the employed lecturers are first class graduates oh.. U can't have first class every year and when they don't, they choose to employ based on religious and ethnic sentiments.. Infact I am particularly sure of this lecturer who I am sure my limited knowledge of economics is better than his and I had to suffer the indignity of watching him talk nonsense everyday and waste my time... If I spend 10 minutes of dat time looking through the internet , aswear am gonna come up with sumtin better than the rubbish he has been spewing the entire semester but I must come to class because the idiot is not only contented with wasting my time, he takes his attendance regularly and deduct marks when you don't meet up.. I wonder how he even marks his scripts because I never got above a C but am guessing its because he can't even comprehend what I am writing.. Its all messed up meen... My gens 101 in 100 level was not marked I got an F, the dumb lecturer simply called us and awarded us a D... Imagine nonsense.. We were even lucky yo get dat... Now wat I find appalling and completely hypocritical is that it is this same group of people that are represented by the Academic staff union of universities, claiming to want to correct the decay in our institutions... WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF WRITING WITH A GOLD PEN WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING UPSTAIRS??

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nosyke(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
akpan aniefiok: The situation of things in this country is getting out of hands,we are no longer optimistics of going to school,even somebody that is uneducated can boast of financial status to our graduates.just imagine one of the chairman of ASUU was interviewed ön Ait and this was what he said during his replied."we want the best for our students,we don't want our students to leave Nigeria to go and study in Ghana,that even the ghana that they are trooping into heard gone on strike for more than to years".for christ sake , how do they want nigeria educational sector to be changed over night,Is he trying to say that untill we do like ghana did that they would be no improvement on our's?.can't they understand that nigeria is still a developing nation?sometimes i wonder why we even got our independent so early?

Am not in support of what the federal government is doing but for the sake of our students let them accept the offer that was given to them.unless they would be the one to loss at the end of the day.
The president has the power to re-open our university just like what OBJ did in is own regime .but that not the way forward.
The major reason why fg had remain adament is because of other union.if ASUU demand is met other unions would also rise and embark on an indefinite strike.and this is what fg is trying to aviod.
This is what i have to say for now.u can add me on whatsapp; 08177052462 and 2go; akpan1341

Lord have Mercy!!
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Rhemar(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
omojaytee: wat is dis dude saying,was it jonathan who entad d agreement wit dem?
it was GEJ dat headed d committee dat entered d agreement wt ASUU at which time d then president was sick
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by xtremrules(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
benity: The meeting waas successful we thank God. Pack your bags
like seriously we're not here for jokes.
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by tosinjoe(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lol, I did fortran77 and fortran90
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Doyensky: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
It is nt grammer, it is grammar. Mr lecturer!
clnzo: know ke!!! Omo u damage grammer here sha!!!
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by xtremrules(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
dsypha: Wait oo, Is it that there are still in the meeting
I don't really understand this meeting of theirs. En go be like
ASUU: You must implement 2009 MoU
FG: ah...money no de oh...TRY AGAIN
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by lirusehn(m): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
Caprison: how i wish we are in military rule....cus if we r in that system..i dnt think ASUU will honour that invitation....who know what am insinuating?
and i wish we all cud write simple and correct ENGLISH.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by bright007(f): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
shey the meeting never finish ni? undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by tbagjames(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
AMINDA:
I am sure you wanted writing 'psychics'
think so too,maybe his spelling prowess atrophied during the four months old strike
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
bright007: shey the meeting never finish ni? undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
i tire o....students are not smilling. Can almost compare it to a football match....ASUU vs FG
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Omesbrit(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
I pray that they would reach a concesion today an call off the strike.
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by xtremrules(m): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
E be like say eclipes de happen for ASO Rock

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by SirTunechi(f): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Caprison: how i wish we are in military rule....cus if we r in that system..i dnt think ASUU will honour that invitation....who know what am insinuating?
effect of the ASUU strike
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by xtremrules(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
This meeting neva end? I thought Government office de close by 4pm and as we de naija na by 1pm.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Harbosede02: If dem lyk they sud meet wif Obama,nafin concern me!!ASUU r jst greedy and inconsiderate, st.upid set of psyciques!!!

So wit this ur lame way of writing good english, u still dey condemn ASUU abi? Sorry 4 u!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by AEyo1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
lastest transfer news-----ASUU rejects fg offer
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by SuccX(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
i cant but jst plead with ASUU to be more considerate n call off it long days of strike...God please take total control of 2day meeting for a positive out come...
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
RedBenson:

So wit this ur lame way of writing good english, u still dey condemn ASUU abi? Sorry 4 u!
u no even pity d girl. .bico
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by cocobabe(f): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin lipsrsealed grin
mayorall: Don't trust Mr president, this might be a trick to get an English teacher for his wife grin grin
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Geedhey(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Is their meeting taking forever How come no update yet
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
akpan
aniefiok:

The situation of things in this country is getting out of
hands,we are no longer optimistics of going to school,even somebody that
is uneducated can boast of financial status to our graduates.just
imagine one of the chairman of ASUU was interviewed ön Ait and this was
what he said during his replied."we want the best for our students,we
don't want our students to leave Nigeria to go and study in Ghana,that
even the ghana that they are trooping into heard gone on strike for more
than to years".for christ sake , how do they want nigeria educational
sector to be changed over night,Is he trying to say that untill we do
like ghana did that they would be no improvement on our's?.can't they
understand that nigeria is still a developing nation?sometimes i wonder
why we even got our independent so early?

Am not in support of what the federal government is doing but for the
sake of our students let them accept the offer that was given to
them.unless they would be the one to loss at the end of the day.
The president has the power to re-open our university just like what OBJ
did in is own regime .but that not the way forward.
The major reason why fg had remain adament is because of other union.if
ASUU demand is met other unions would also rise and embark on an
indefinite strike.and this is what fg is trying to aviod.
This is what i have to say for now.u can add me on whatsapp; 08177052462
and 2go; akpan1341

Add u on wattsap or 2go for what? Are u d solution to d crisis after ranting to show ur level of stupidity?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
yusufogrin:
u no even pity d girl. .bico

How i go pity am wen she sef no dey pity herself? grin
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by marcangelo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
What if all these was just a dream......
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by odizeey(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
bcomputer101:

Who be this one?

Abi you want make i show you way back to yaba-left?
u suppose knw d road na,wen ur daddy gt room for dere
Re: Jonathan Meets ASUU Today, Union Warns Against Force by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
marcangelo: What if all these was just a dream......
your dream?:-/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions / Airforce Men Invade UNIOSUN Ipetu Ijesha Campus, Injure Students / Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.