Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,853 members, 7,838,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Playing Musical Instruments In Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Playing Musical Instruments In Churches (1012 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Sometimes i do wonder if God is really testing my faith or not.I'v determined never to be collecting pay for playing musical instruments(i play the drums and keyboard) in churches,but i'v been facing some sort of challenges for quite a while now.I graduated 5years ago,no work,it's not like i had a poor result,i had distinction out of school(HND),although i taught in some schools for a while,but the pay was not worth the stress.I believe there is a blessing attached to playing musical instruments in churches without collecting pay,most of my fellow instrumentalists collect pay,but to me,it's like they have already collected their own blessing.To the believers here,is it that my time is yet to come?or am i not yet in the right church?i play in redeem,but you know we are having so many redeems around,i don't know if i should look for another one
Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by whalespiano: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2013
Hello, i think you need patience and perseverance. People will look for you if you work more on yourself and become a pro in your major instrument. Some instrumentalists are paid up to 250k with allowances. If you add value to your gift people will appreciate it more... buh u can also decide 2 'play' without collecting salary. Just follow the leading of the holyspirit.
Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2013
whalespiano: Hello, i think you need patience and perseverance. People will look for you if you work more on yourself and become a pro in your major instrument. Some instrumentalists are paid up to 250k with allowances. If you add value to your gift people will appreciate it more... buh u can also decide 2 'play' without collecting salary. Just follow the leading of the holyspirit.
thanks much,do you play any instrument?
Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by Joagbaje(m): 6:21am On Nov 05, 2013
Teebest82: Sometimes i do wonder if God is really testing my faith or not.I'v determined never to be collecting pay for playing musical instruments(i play the drums and keyboard) in churches,but i'v been facing some sort of challenges for quite a while now.I graduated 5years ago,no work,it's not like i had a poor result,i had distinction out of school(HND),although i taught in some schools for a while,but the pay was not worth the stress,even i had been having an on and off relationships with the ladies,well i guess that's because of my financial status,God really created me well and i do thank HIM for that always.I believe there is a blessing attached to playing musical instruments in churches without collecting pay,most of my fellow instrumentalists collect pay,but to me,it's like they have already collected their own blessing.To the believers here,is it that my time is yet to come?or am i not yet in the right church?i play in redeem,but you know we are having so many redeems around,i don't know if i should look for another one

Pls don't change from your steadfastness . I played instruments in churches from child .keybooads , drums , bass , lead guitar etc.i never at any time collect money for it. It was rather a privilege . God pays you for your service . Those who play on hire are hirelings.

But if a church feel there's need to employ instrumentalist it's ok. It's still a honour to work in Gods house. But not this hire stuff.

Don't commercialize your talent because of financial issue. Talk with your pastor . They can help get you a job or set up a business for you. And if your trouble is spiritual , get spiritual help .

1 Like

Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by xamiel: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2013
You ordeal will soon be over. And as for the selfless service u render to churches, let your heart speak. If you don't want to take money, don't. And if you want to, it's okay.
Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by vickyO(f): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2013
If He gets paid it isn't bad. Pastors get paid na. His condition deserves attention, your church should pay you so you don't starve jare. what you're doing is good though but your church needs to help you. speak to them.
Re: Playing Musical Instruments In Churches by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
with Jo on this, very apt.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Stop Wearing indecent Clothes To Church / ? / Baptism In Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.