Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ (1223 Views)

Forgery: Ekweremadu Lied To Chief Judge, Say APC Senators / The Dasuki Gate Scandal: A Need For Clarity / Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by vanstanzy(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2013
More troubles are indeed facing both the aviation ministry and its embattled Minister, Ms Stella Oduah. This comes on the heels as the Lagos State Government denies any involvement in the ordering of bulletproof vehicles, BMW 7 series cars, during the 18th National Sports Festival, hosted by the State. It maintained that the state only requested for and got from Coscharis regular saloon cars, four wheel drive vehicles and buses in its capacity as official vehicle providers for the Sports Festival.

A statement signed by the Commissioner for Youths, Sports and Social Development, Mr. Enitan Oshodi, said that following the offer of sponsorship of and provision of vehicles for the Festival by Coscharis Nigeria Limited, the state government duly made a request to President Goodluck Jonathan for waiver of destination inspection charges and duty exemptions on 300 vehicles which were to be used for the festival. According to the statement, which sought to set straight ‘information making the rounds with regards to the vehicles requested from and supplied by Coscharis Nigeria Limited for use at the immediate past 18th National Sports Festival hosted by the Lagos State from November 27 to December 9, 2012’: "The request was duly granted by the President leading to the issuance of a Certificate of Waiver in respect of the duty payable on the importation of the cars, by Coscharis Nigeria Limited.

Mr Oshodi added that “The Lagos State Government would therefore like to put it on record that documents exist to show the vehicles which were supplied and used during the 18th NSF.

Source: http://okunammiri..com/2013/11/more-troubles-are-indeed-facing-both.html

1 Like

Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by Desola(f): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Forget Oduah for now, we know she is a thief on a grand scale.

What I am however interested in is the current status of those 300 vehicles. In whose possession are they now and what are they currently being used for? Were these vehicles contracted on a lease or were they outright purchases?

Lagos state is not gonna go Scot free without answering some hard questions. Just because we have caught one thief does not make you angels yourselves.

An inquiry must be launched into the purchase or lease of those vehicles too.

All of una na thieves!

5 Likes

Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Desola: Forget Oduah for now, we know she is a thief on a grand scale.

What I am however interested in is the current status if those 300 vehicles. In whose possession are they now and what are they currently being used for? Were these vehicles contracted on a lease or were they outright purchases?

Lagos state is not gonna go Scot free without answering some hard questions. Just because we have caught one thief does not make you angels yourselves.

All of una na thieves!
Only a few more like you and this country will Change.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by khamas19: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
...300 cars?...that's alot...do the logistics of such an event warrant that many new vehicles?..

why not hire local transporters?...and as the first poster rightly asked; what became of these vehicles after the event?..

just thinking ...so....i stand to be corrected ..

..as for Oduah her own beans don done...
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by gerald09(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
But dis is confusing please could some1 help me out, I tot it was d minister of finance dat said she only signed waiver for the purchase of 300 cars for the lagos State government which the CEO of coscharis was giving d contract but the coscharis guy used the same waiver to bring in d 2 BMW which come out to #10million (+-) which involved d DG, I didn't fink Odoah said anything about the lagos state government buy BMW, she didn't even mention dem, d Finance minister did. So abeg if am wrong correct me.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by waternogetenemy: 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
One good thing to come out of all this propaganda is that the world now know the length Nigeria cabal are prepared to go to bring down a hard working minister that goes against their selfish interest.

Stella Odua was duely given the opportunity to have her say and wat is clear is that at the end of it all She has been vindicated. Anything else can be categorised as flogging a dead horse.

Stella remains the best aviation minister this country ever produced and the aviation industry has never been better in the history of Nigeria. It will take the discredit of such a height achieved in the aviation industry by the honourable minister, to discredit GEJ administration and that is all this APC supporters are after.

Let me tell you that you have failed, GEJ TILL 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by DuduNegro: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2013

What I am however interested in is the current status if those 300 vehicles. In whose possession are they now and what are they currently being used for? Were these vehicles contracted on a lease or were they outright purchases?

All of una na thieves!

I stand by you on this statement.

We want to know if the proposal was bidded and how was Coscharis selected as winner of the bid.

We want to know, since this was a national festival, and even though the order went out from Lagos State government, if the tab was picked up by Lagos or FG.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by danot1030: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
dis is a revelation, d efcc and d necesary agents shuld investigate choscharis 2 knw 4 hw many other imported vehicles he has used d same waiver 2 evade d import duty.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by Desola(f): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

I stand by you on this statement.

We want to know if the proposal was bidded and how was Coscharis selected as winner of the bid.

We want to know, since this was a national festival, and even though the order went out from Lagos State government, if the tab was picked up by Lagos or FG.

Don't twist my word jo!
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by Desola(f): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
danot1030: dis is a revelation, d efcc and d necesary agents shuld investigate choscharis 2 knw 4 hw many other imported vehicles he has used d same waiver 2 evade d import duty.

Word!
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by amarilo: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Even the last Olympic no use 300 cars, fashola, Ben nwabueze must come and clarify this. On top that the 2 armoured cars for himself and the thief of iyaloja is yet to be .........
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by DuduNegro: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Desola:

Don't twist my word jo!

Ahh, after i finish twisting your word, I go twist you too. cheesy

I wonder when we are going to have "desolagate".
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by idupaul: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Coscharis supplies Fords, Jaguars, Rover , Beamers so my question is that which of these models did he supply to LASG because I withnessed the sports festival well and can't remember seeing any of the models above being used in logistics capacity during the sports fiesta .
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by DerideGull(m): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2013
Why do most Nigerians act irresponsibly? At what point did Stella testify about waivers and Lagos State government? The testimony of waivers and Lagos State government came from Coscharis Motors Ltd.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by 0monnakoda: 12:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Mechionu
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by Samxiulee: 12:38am On Nov 05, 2013

What I am however interested in is the current status of those 300 vehicles. In whose possession are they now and what are they currently being used for? Were these vehicles contracted on a lease or were they outright purchases?

All of una na thieves!
madam desola,the vehicles were returned to the dealer,he had the same deal during coja games and chogum,he normally get waivers for such events,the sad part is that the guy use the waiver to bring in more cars than he requested waiver for.
Re: Oduah-gate Scandal: ‘oduah Lied To N'assembly’ by DuduNegro: 12:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Sam xiu lee: madam desola,the vehicles were returned to the dealer,he had the same deal during coja games and chogum,he normally get waivers for such events,the sad part is that the guy use the waiver to bring in more cars than he requested waiver for.

So were they leased or purchased?

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola On Trade And Investment Visit To U.k / Ogun State: Amosun's Tale Of Failed Promises (1) / Soildeirs, riot Police, SSS confront Buhari,tinubu,others At Inec Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.