Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

DSTV's New Fraud - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV's New Fraud (1338 Views)

Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud / DSTV'S New Year Gift To Its Subscribers...a Way Of Saying Thank You !!! / Dstv New Channel Changes: Faqs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV's New Fraud by Nutase: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2013
I don't know how many people have experienced this of recent.
I commenced on my annual leave some weeks back and my DSTV decoder was still active and was supposed to expire during my leave 28th October, 2013.
I returned this morning and went to renew my subscription and I was told that I had a debit of 220 naira on my account. I called their customer care line only for the customer care agent to tell me that the debit was for additional days they added for me. I asked him to check my decoder and notice when last I used it.
I would like to raise some points here:
1) I was out of town when my subscription expired.
2) One of their agents even called me when I was on leave to ask me why I had not been using my decoder and I explained to him that I was out of town. He said he thought I was having technical problems.
3) With all their capitalist policies Like refusing to suspend your subscription when you are out of town they still had the guts to debit me for the "the number of days" they added, like I begged them to do that.
4) I was in my brothers house over the weekend and he told me he was asked to pay extra when he went to renew his subscription and I least expected it will happen to me.
5) This is what lack of competition is causing. Market forces are no more determining pricing. Monopolist just do as they wish because the customer is a slave and the service provider is king.

I'm just using this medium to vent my frustration at DSTV. They don't appreciate those of us still patronising them. So many people have ported and those of us coughing out our hard earned cash are not appreciated for our loyalty embarassed
I'm considering so many other options and its only a matter of time before I act.

1 Like

Re: DSTV's New Fraud by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2013
They are big time robbers in disguise. Who even use DSTV nowadays anyway undecided
Re: DSTV's New Fraud by Austinmoor(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2013
it is not their fault, startime Daarsat and even Gotv are not helping matters. CNN, Nat Geo Wild etc were removed from my Gotv channels without any reason. All the resetting i've bn doing have not restored it.
Re: DSTV's New Fraud by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
This has never happened to me but i'm aware that DSTV are taking their customers for granted cos there's no better alternative and competition.
Re: DSTV's New Fraud by prof800(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Afam4eva: i'm aware that DSTV are taking their customers for granted cos there's no better alternative and competition.
ditto
Re: DSTV's New Fraud by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
The day they try this with me is the day their game will be over! angry angry angry angry angry angry. smh! They won't even wanna try it! No!
Re: DSTV's New Fraud by alonejb(m): 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Good evening am writing this mail not because am happy with the service I have been getting from your company but to make a report of one of million of Nigeria which as being having BAD or POOR Service from your organization. My name is Julius one of your customer but I have being having problem with my Dstv decoder since three month now and any time I call the customer care it seem I don't know what am saying not until this saturday 9th of nov when I went to your service center at surulere with my decoder and I complain about the problem I have being having which is error E06-4 smartcard fault or insert upside down and the person that attend to me after spend two hours on the que without any body saying anything to us on the que,the person that attend to me said its was dust that make it to be like that and I took the decoder back home after one hour of putting it on the same issue comes up again,and ones again I took its back there, the person that attended to me told me to pay seven thousand five hundred naria for a swap for another decoder. Which I have to go back home to get money so I can pay,and I did but to my surprise after 30min of putting the decoder on the same issue arise again which I have to call customer care and the person that took my call said I shall put it off and on again for like four time and is still the same issue, which is smartcard fault or card inserted upside down. Pls I am not happy with this service I got from your customer care center in surulere because I have not gotten GOOD VALUE for my money sine 7th of nov up till now am sending this mail PLEASE I won't my DSTV ACCOUNT to be BLoCK until this ISSUE is resolve. This is my story about my ISSUE TOO pls we need on DSTV can some help

(1) (Reply)

Sinister 2 (2015) - Horror Movie Sequel Film REVIEW / High Sparrow From Game Of Thrones Looks Exactly Like Pope Francis (pics) / Costly Justice League Reshoots Cause Huge Headache For Henry Cavil (superman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.