Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation (680 Views)

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles / Keshi Explains Mikel & Ejide Exclusion / Keshi Explains Quit Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Head coach of the Nigeria national team, Stephen Keshi has moved to explain the reasons behind the recall handed to midfielder, Gabriel Reuben.
The 23-year-old was handed a shock recall to the Super Eagles on Sunday as Keshi unveiled a 25-man-squad to face Ethiopia and Italy in international fixtures on November 16 and 18 respectively.
Reuben has not played a single minute of action in any competition for Scottish club, Kilmarnock this season and not a few eyebrows were raised when Keshi announced that the former Kano Pillars man had been asked to return to the national team.
Keshi has now exclusively told supersport.com that he made the right decision in handing a recall to Reuben.
“Reuben was part of the team before he got injured. I have been monitoring his progress in Scotland and the problem he is having is with his coach (the Kilmarnock manager, Allan Johnstone),” Keshi told supersport.com on Sunday.
Keshi said Reuben fell out of favour at Rugby Park for non-football reasons which informed his decision to bring the midfielder back to the squad.
“He (Johnstone) bought another player to play in his (Reuben’s) position. I have experienced this myself as a footballer so I understand this perfectly.
“When this happens, it’s not as though the player is not good but because the coach has other plans.
“That will not stop me from bringing in the player because he is in shape and he is injury-free and I know what he can do. I want to see what he does in this game,” he added.
Reuben made his Nigeria debut in 2010 and has played eight games for the Super Eagles netting a solitary goal.
http://mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/131104/Keshi_explains_Reuben_invitation
Re: Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation by andyanders: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
Good move Keshi. Bring him as I know the whites play racism in their life
Re: Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation by lexyman(m): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Keshi Explains Reuben Invitation by Theben(m): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2013
Keshi owes no one any explanation. He has the right to invite whoever he wants.

(1) (Reply)

Nff Officials Fight In Abu Dhabi / "My Son Is Missing!" - Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Declares / Andrew Bynum Suspended For Sleeping With Coach's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.