Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

We Post And Wait - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Post And Wait (506 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Wait To Be Inspired Before Writing / "I Will Wait For You" / Check Out This Piece "I Will Wait For You"...trust Me When I Say You'll Love It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Post And Wait by MartinNworah: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
WE POST AND WAIT BY MARTIN BECK NWORAH
Since the advent of the social media,we have been liberated from the shackles of hoarding our feelings to ourselves. If we're feeling happy;Facebook, Twitter and their likes will know. If sad,depressed,angry and otherwise;the social media must know. And as I am typing this,I'm hoping that you'll read it and tell me how you feel.
Many read our updates when they're annoyed,and for several others;our update may annoy them. Some laugh at our stupidity while many others display theirs. And as I post this,I'm always afraid to check comments because someone may insult or ridicule me. People no longer judge us these days by our physical contact with them or experience,they simply draw up an opinion of the type of person we are through our timeline and social media presence.
For the unemployed graduates seeking and begging God for a job(with holiday trips abroad),you may want to revisit that update about how you don't give a f**k about what anybody thinks about you...your future employee might have commented and tagged you a "low life individual".
My joy is to write,post and wait. It may be educative,provocative,annoying,stupid,senseless and meaningless to you,but each time I view it;I'm happy you read it and told me how you felt. We lack creativity and inspiration in our present day Nigeria;I cry when people copy my works without giving credit to the originator. It speaks volumes of how we see others and sometimes I pause and ponder;what will be your comment?
Till we get to the Promised Land,I'll be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

(1) (Reply)

ONE LIFE: Poetic Reflections In Commemoration Of My Birthday. / My Manuscript Finally Left Home! / What Is Your Difinition Of Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.