Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU (3681 Views)

FG And ASUU Struck A New Deal Last Night / FG And ASUU Meet Today Over Strike / The Latest On Uniben Resumption Date And ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by immortalvoices(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Jonathan in make-or-mar meeting with ASUU
President Goodluck Jonathan is currently locked in a
closed-door make-or-mar meeting with striking
members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities
inside the First Lady Conference Room, Presidential
Villa, Abuja.
The President is being joined at the meeting that
started at 2.40pm by Vice President Namadi Sambo;
Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala;
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius
Anyim; Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom
Wike; and Minister of Labour, Emeka Wogu among
others.
ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Isa Faggae, led the union
team which included past presidents such as Prof.
Abdulahi Sule-Kano, Prof. Dipo Fashina and Prof.
Festus Iyayi.
President of the Nigeria Labour Congress,
LATEST NEWS..... President of the Nigeria Labour Congress,
Abdulawahid Omar and that of the Trade. Union
Congress, Bobboi Kaigama, are also in attendance.
Indication that the logjam may be resolved at the
meeting emerged when the President declared while
shaking hands with members of the delegation that,
“The matter must be resolved here today. Our
children must go back to school.”
All those in attendance responded with a loud
“amen.”
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by ehmasjet(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ahh.......am just here feeling the fear that is gripping ASUU lions that they can thrown them back to their dens......
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by GoGod(f): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
I pray sumtin gud cum out of it oooooo
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by fasho01(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Just hope it ends with a commitment of the government to improve the sector and ASUU calling off the strike#period
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by dayo23(f): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
NO BE SMALL TIN OOO, FULL HOUSE grin grin grin
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Harrisonn(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by immortalvoices(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Seriously am sitting close to the t.v set checking all the stations also glued to my phones and making phones calls for positive news...

#prayingandhoping

1 Like

Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by mayorall(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
mayorall: Don't trust Mr president, this might be a trick to get an English teacher for his wife grin grin

I said it grin. #meeting at the first lady's conference room#
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Thought it was just me.
immortalvoices: Seriously am sitting close to the t.v set checking all the stations also glued to my phones and making phones calls for positive news...

#prayingandhoping
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
ASUU is not intimidated, I can assure you nothing positive will come out of this unholy meeting. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue We need more holiday till june 2014, we are tired of school. tongue tongue
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Emzybrown: ASUU is not intimidated, I can assure you nothing positive will come out of this unholy meeting. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue We need more holiday till june 2014, we are tired of school. tongue tongue
lol...speak for yourself o and be careful before you get attacked by students eager to return to school:-/
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Rexsul: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
i heard doctor Nasir fage saying "mr president we wil call off d strike but.......". i dont knw hw he complete d statement b4 i woke up 4rm my sleep...should i go 2 bed again 2 get d full gist?
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
mi xpressive:
lol...speak for yourself o and be careful before you get attacked by students eager to return to school:-/

Of-course am speaking for my self, as a matter of fact my 5 years degree programme expired July 2013 and i am yet to graduate, is it now am enjoying the strike you want it suspended? Never!!!!!!!!1
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Macdashwa(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
dayo23: NO BE SMALL TIN OOO, FULL HOUSE grin grin grin
lolzzz...abi o
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by immortalvoices(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Emzybrown:

Of-course am speaking for my self, as a matter of fact my 5 years degree programme expired July 2013 and i am yet to graduate, is it now am enjoying the strike you want it suspended? Never!!!!!!!!1

Your prayer might not work..because many youth are stranding

Churning out strange vices at home

Where is the employment for the teeming jobless youth..

We need solution and it is called "SUSPEND THE STRIKE NOW!!!"
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by pendusky(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
at last
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
immortalvoices: .

Your prayer might not work..because many youth are stranding

Churning out strange vices at home

Where is the employment for the teeming jobless youth..

We need solution and it is called "SUSPEND THE STRIKE NOW!!!"

Alright am saying my mind, during my project practical my lecturer charged us 10k for assistance and i almost spent x2 of that amount buying my practical materials and when i remember my project supervisor charging 20k for supervision i almost pass out because of lethargy, i hate Nigerian lecturers and i don't wanna meet them again.
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by dayo23(f): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
YAWN.......WE DEY WAIT undecided
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by mcdokwe(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
wake me up when they call off the strike

2 Likes

Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by chegx(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
pendusky: at last
at last what?
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by dancrux(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mehn dey shd leave it till next year,am making serious money here 4 december tins.

1 Like

Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by kennygee18(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
ASUU cal it off o[color=#000099][/color]
chegx: at last what?
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by xtophy(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
dis is true wahala.... strike continues
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by IamSylva(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Emzybrown: ASUU is not intimidated, I can assure you nothing positive will come out of this unholy meeting. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue We need more holiday till june 2014, we are tired of school. tongue tongue
i bind uundecided
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by kennygee18(m): 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
i bind uundecided
The strike wuld be kald off dis wk n dtz a fact
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by chegx(m): 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
dancrux: Mehn dey shd leave it till next year,am making serious money here 4 december tins.
selfish you.
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by joeboy4reel(m): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
u need cain....u be student?
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
No be Cain, na Abel him need
joeboy4reel: u need cain....u be student?

1 Like

Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Ollybarbie219(f): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
immortalvoices: Seriously am sitting close to the t.v set checking all the stations also glued to my phones and making phones calls for positive news...

#prayingandhoping
mi xpressive: Thought it was just me.

#prayingandhoping
No give una selves HBP oh!
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
So much tension in the house. pls take a chill pill and hope for the best
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Rexsul: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
wow! @ last d four month ASUU strike hs been cald off.....source: my dream!
Re: Lastest And News Filter On The Ongoing Meeting Between The President And ASUU by Waspy(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
The meeting will surely end well grin ... GEJ actually plans to use this to right Oduahgate's ongoing "wrong". Once the students are back in schl, everybody will once again, (atleast for the time being) see GEJ as an hero and then Oduahgate and other "wrongs" go into oblivion. Q.E.D cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Study Your Dream Course In School? / Scientist Takes First-ever Photo Of Rare Bird, Then Kills It In The Name Of Scie / 25 Most Brutal Torture Techniques Ever Devised In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.