Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Help Needed Very Urgently - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Needed Very Urgently (928 Views)

Advanced and experienced writers were urgently needed, very important! / Gurus Needed Very Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed Very Urgently by howdytee(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
pls,i need help on these topics. they were given to me by my lecturer and we are to submit first thing monday morning.
- what are the roles of computer in stock broking?

- what are the roles of computer in insurance firms?

i'm a computer science student. pls, help me, abeg.
thanks, bros and sisters
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by yawatide(f): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
I would imagine that if you were to copy and paste your exact questions into google, tons of results would show up.

Hv u tried that?
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by OmniPotens(m): 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2008
If you feel lazy typing the entire questions here, you can shorten the questions into major keywords for a better result from the search engines.
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by howdytee(m): 11:47am On Jul 13, 2008
10ks.i already wat u2 suggestd,bt didnt com up wit anythin meaninful.or mayb i jst dont knw hw 2find d rite 1.cn u help?
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by yawatide(f): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2008
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=role++computers+in+stock+broking&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=role++computers+in+insurance+firms&btnG=Search

Note: You might not find what you need on page 1 and may have to dig deeper to find what you want.

Technically, I don't even think you need google to help you out. It should be obvious what the role of the computer is in both cases, not to mention, it's the same in either case:
1) Streamlines the process by performing the calculations (sometimes, billions of such per second) that humans would have had to

2) Enables humans to conduct transactions from anywhere in the world that would have hitherto been done in a face-to-face manner

3) Offers a better predictive analysis than humans would, thus helping insurance firms lower their cost by offering better predictions, etc

The above are just a few that popped in mind. Based on these you can google for them to find specific examples.
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by smartsoft(m): 4:52am On Jul 15, 2008
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa T.u , f i a , kwa
a whole computer student don't know the usesfullness of computers in stoke broking firm and inssurance company,  i'm  not suprise,  a guy from Unilag called me to show him how to troubleshoot and assemble a computer,  someone in 400L computer engineering, he knows notting,
Re: Help Needed Very Urgently by OmniPotens(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2008
@ smartsoft

Bro take it easy. This might not really be their fault. It might be as a result of lack of early exposition to the computer world. All they need to start doing at this point is to start learning. If they have realized that they need the knowledge of computer but yet remain unmoved to learn then it is their ignorance and as such, they don't deserve help but critics.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Domain Name (quickepayment.com) For Sale / Help / Gurus Diary|the Internet World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.