Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 (40122 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by bebe2(f): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2013
I bet her support network did a gud job of looking after her and the child.

If not................
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Danhumprey: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Make I go give girl belle na angry

I go best graduating student winkgrincheesyangryundecided

Who would be that 'lucky girl' wey you wan give belle? grin
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by alfredo4u(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2013
Ask Genevieve and Macaulay dibia

They will tell u d benefits
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by donphilopus: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Make I go give girl belle na angry

I go best graduating student winkgrincheesyangryundecided

For AAU??

You must be kidding
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Danhumprey: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Education: the best legacy you can bestow on your kids as a parent. Even when they seem to have fall by the way,don't give up on them. cool

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Mikocake(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2013
OK NAA ABEG WETIN BE THE SCORE OF THAT ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL MATCH ABEG
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Lilimax(f): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
lockedOut: The parents of the girl need to be commended for still believing in their daughter after she became pregnant! I hope others can learn from this.
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by donphilopus: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2013
This thread full ooo...

Is Nigeria playing match in this thread??
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by smart134: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2013
God is in Control
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Cashio(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
So u infering that girls should first give one before......
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by agohavivi(f): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
I always believe that when a girl is put in the family way the best, her parents or guardians can do is give her a second opportunity, encourage her to put in her best then send her back to school. I'm really happy for this young lady, she didnt allow the circumstances she found herself to overweigh her. Thank God for giving her understanding parents.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by raytony: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
* winks* Dem Alhaja sef dey get boyfriend for school?
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by raytony: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2013
agoha_vivi: I always believe that when a girl is put in the family way the best her parents or guardians can do is give her a second opportunity, encourage her to put in her best then send her back to school. I'm really happy for this young lady, she didnt allow the circumstances she found herself to overweigh her. Thank God for giving her understanding parents.
And if dem put her for family way the second time, make dem give her third chance sef.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
rigormortis: if you think you know how she became the best graduating student......................

say aha, aha
ela oju kan! grin
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by wisyno(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
She said she contested to be president of her dept but lost out to the Nigerian system. How can she expect to win an election when she admitted to being the biggest snob in her school.
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Aishat, who attended Nazareth Nursery and
Primary School, Lagos

We always got the best brains. Am proud of my primary school. Nazareth chic for life!! cool cool
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by AbuMikey(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:
no try am oo. play play ur chikala go born triplet. it dosen't work for all.

Danhumprey: Who would be that 'lucky girl' wey you wan give belle? grin

donphilopus: For AAU??

You must be kidding

Na joke I dey oo gringrin

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by opylas(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
4.93??
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by baslone: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Really happy for her. It takes courage to return back to school especially when your mates are already on a new level.

vicky85:

It was in 2006 and in her third year. She was pregnant for a fellow student whom she had been dating.

This part of the news is false.

This should serve as a lesson for ladies that date married men.
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Orikinla(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
I know the mistake will not repeat itself.

And the first mistake is the cute boy that is the pride of her sexy mom. grin
She will soon repeat it and it may be a girl! wink
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by pmc01(m): 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
What a very silly story of a wayward and immoral fornicator!

In fact, it is an insult to the Modest Ladies around. Can't one be successful without having been wayward?

It's not as if she was raped, she simply traded away her virtues as a woman- disrespect to her future husband.

If her parents had been asked to give her out in marriage then rather than bring shame to them, they will say she is underaged. Shame on the careless parents too.

Tomorrow, when the child is being taunted about his father, he will start to suffer undue psychological torture and depression. Yet, they say we should celebrate such a shameless woman.

When I read that she is now changed, I had even expected to see a well-covered lady in her hijab. Alas! She doesn't even have her hair covered and still goes on to wear attachments. So disgusting!

At 25, she is not talking about getting married and start her own family. She will rather keep a boyfriend while accomplishing more 'academic landmarks'.

She had better turn to her Lord in sincere repentance and try to strike a proper balance between her worldly stay and preparation for her Hereafter.

Wishing her well in her future endeavour.
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by mooregan(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Phder: When I saw 4.93 CGPA I was like WTH? Then I read further and I saw her course of study. You can't study pure/applied/biomedical sciences and have that kind of grade. It's not an easy fit, but she did well, congrats to her.
Some years back, d best graduating student from Uniuyo was from Elect Engineering with a CGPA of 4.9. So what r u saying?
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by ccollins(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Consistency and faith made her achieve her goal. Also a resilient spirit

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Shekson(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
vicky85: Seven years after an unwanted pregnancy forced her to drop out of the University of Ilorin, Aishat Farooq emerges the best graduating student of the Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State, reports Temitayo Famutimi

When Aishat Farooq gained admission into the University of Ilorin at 15, to study Zoology, little did she know that she was not going to be an alumnus of the institution. That was in 2003.

Although she wanted to continue her studies in the university, she became disillusioned and dropped out at 18.

“I hope my story will inspire at least one person to change his or her circumstance. I was pregnant at 18 and by 19 I was already a mother.
http://www.punchng.com/education/pregnant-at-18-best-graduating-student-at-25/

Still questions the mental maturity of a 15 year old. Why shld a 15 year old be given admission into the university? To me, the NUC and the Ministry of Education shld seek to revamp the educational curriculum, and set a minimum age for tertiary institutions. Also, parents shld look to develop the mental minds of these kids particularly if they seeking admission into "public" universities.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by ifedun2: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Talk about not throwing the baby away with the bath water.
Again,I think she is just one of the lucky few who got distracted and retraced their steps,plus she has parents who value education.Lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Arysexy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
This is d area islam need to reform, this gal bn a muslim wud av bn stoned to death for d mistake she made according to sharia law. Now imagine d loss to humanity. She attended a private uni and kept hopes alive, she is heading to scotland to continue with her masters ( d same west muslims always attack)

Make una dey see una hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by frainc(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
mcdokwe: I think her parents should be commended for no writing her off. A lot of parents would have so abused her that she'ld have ended an unfortunate story.
yes you are right
and i also believe that the other power behind her success are
VISITION
MISSION and
DETERMINATION

1 Like

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by raytony: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
pmc01: What a very silly story of a wayward and immoral fornicator!

In fact, it is an insult to the Modest Ladies around. Can't one be successful without having been wayward?

It's not as if she was raped, she simply traded away her virtues as a woman- disrespect to her future husband.

If her parents had been asked to give her out in marriage then rather than bring shame to them, they will say she is underaged. Shame on the careless parents too.

Tomorrow, when the child is being taunted about his father, he will start to suffer undue psychological torture and depression. Yet, they say we should celebrate such a shameless woman.

When I read that she is now changed, I had even expected to see a well-covered lady in her hijab. Alas! She doesn't even have her hair covered and still goes on to wear attachments. So disgusting!

At 25, she is not talking about getting married and start her own family. She will rather keep a boyfriend while accomplishing more 'academic landmarks'.

She had better turn to her Lord in sincere repentance and try to strike a proper balance between her worldly stay and preparation for her Hereafter.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by ceejayluv(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2013

Whoa Whoa... By all standards, this is the biggest pile of S|hit of a post I've ever read on this site.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by Emilord(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2013

young man,what the fucck is wrong with yuh...u smoke grass?because not even a weed can make u blaze this shiit,huh

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 by notinmege: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Aha aha, aha aha, aha aha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking / University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Senate Building (Photos) / Kogi State University Lecturer Batters His Student Lover - Twitter User (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.