Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigerians Facing Racism In India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Facing Racism In India (843 Views)

My Mother Experienced Racism When She Came To Visit Me This Summer! / A Nairalander Faces Racism In India. / Anti African Racism In Europe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Facing Racism In India by Howmanage: 6:57am On Nov 05, 2013
http://africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7426%3Agoa-update-indians-risk-reprisals-if-nigerians-continue-to-be-targeted-diplomat&catid=48%3Apolitical-news&Itemid=29

Jacob, who spoke to IANS on his way back to New Delhi after a two-day tour of Goa, also said that police had been going from home to home in places where Nigerians resided and were forcibly evicting them out.

"They are evicting Nigerians forcibly. There is no rule of law," the attache said.

One of those suffering the brunt of the forcible eviction is Chioma Ghansoli, a 24-year-old Nigerian living in Anjuna. On Monday morning, Chioma Ghansoli's landlord asked her to move out of the rented house by the end of the day and she has nowhere to go for the night but the beach, where she plans to spend the night, in absence of a roof over her head.

"My landlord said all the 'blacks' had to be evicted on police instructions. I have nowhere to go in Goa. Me and my friends will spend the night at the beach tonight with our luggage," Chioma said.

She added that locals had begun to specifically target Africans racially chiding them for being of black persuasion. Jacob also that said a resolution passed by a local panchayat headed by the wife of a BJP legislator, Michael Lobo, banning Nigerians from the village should be withdrawn.
Re: Nigerians Facing Racism In India by tsleazy(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2013
Wow and this guys will be walking around with innocent faces
Re: Nigerians Facing Racism In India by wasak(m): 7:19am On Nov 05, 2013
Indians are among the most racist people on earth. they believe black people are inferior.many do not know of d existence of black Indians because they are not allowed to live and share amenities with white Indians. so this isn't a surprise
Re: Nigerians Facing Racism In India by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 05, 2013
What da phock, and these indians are all around our industries, black indians,white indians,fat and short.... All speaking some jumbled up form of english accompanied by incessant shaking of their heads.......
They better don't try any rubbish, cos I am so ready to phock their styles up.... This is my country and it stays that way!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria / Travelling To South Africa Through Ghana / Please Is There An Alternative To Using Your National Id In Visa Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.