Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

PDP Split: Your Views! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Split: Your Views! (2005 Views)

Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address / Bode George Out Of Kirikiri Prison Tomorrow. Your Views Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Split: Your Views! by Danmasani(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2006
The People's Democratic Party or the People destroying People party of Nigeria ( according to Dare Babarinsa) is split with two factions claiming to be at the helm of affairs.

One controlled by the Obasanjo power base and his foot soldiers namely; Bode George, Ojo Madueke, Tony Anenih and Ahmadu Ali and the other faction controlled by Solomon Lar, Shuaib Oyedokun among others with support from AD and other prominent Nigerians.

The question is: Which factions do you think is right and deserves to fly the flag of the PDP? The one infested with Obsanjo's shenanigans who tried to impose the Third Term on Nigerians or the one opposed to him who are trying to cling to power at all cost?

http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=50379

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01/120606
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by Rottweiler(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2006
PDP is already a dead party waiting to be buried. The earlier we put it 6 feet below, the better for our nation. It's so unfortunate that we have all sorts of criminals at the helms of affairs. With people like the Anenihs, Allis, Maduekes, Georges, etc this country will continue to go round and round!
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by DaHitler(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2006
While the Obj faction tried to extend his tenure, I will support that faction than have criminals like IBB (which is part of the second faction) be let into power.

Obj's faction wanted a third term, but when the IBB/Atiku faction fought against it, he decided that the next Presidential candidate would come from one of the existing PDP Governors. This was a move to punish Atiku who has showed strong signs of disloyalty to the President for over 6 years now. Also note, this is the same Atiku that is under investigation by the American Government when $90,000 was found in the freezer of an American congress man. This is also the same Atiku that is under investigation by the American Government for the purchase of several mansions in America.

As for IBB, I don't think I need to go into detail about the $12 billion that went missing during his time in office. In short, IBB is a thief and he should be content that he is not in jail awaiting execution by firing squad.

So, those that are wise should throw their support behind the Obj camp of PDP. Regardless of if you like OBJ or not, it is better to allow him to position a proven State Governor to take over, than to have Atiku, or even worse, IBB in power.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by stanech: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2006
Thank u Afeni I like the way u replied this post OBJ has no bad intension i am still saying it.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2006
this is just some arrangement to make the opposition rest on their oars.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2006
Welcome to the People Decieving Party of Nigeria!

"We suport third term!"
"It is our turn!"
"No this time it should be zoned to the South South!"
"We had a gentleman's agreement!"
"Only retired Army Generals can rule Nigeria!"
"The north must rule for peace to exist!"
"You are not loyal!"

The president and VP are abusing each other, Sen Ahmadu Ali is abusing the senators, honorables and representatives are abusing each other, the South-south leaders are abusing Gov. Kure, Gov Kure is abusing the South South and blaming it on being misquoted. Indeed at the seat of "Africa's largest political party", everyone is abusing the other.
Obasanjo does not respect the constitution, El Rufai does not respect his elders, Atiku has pocketed all our public establishments in the name of BPE, honorables are busy stealing our foreign reserves, ministers have ruined their portfolios and left us worse off than when they came in. Ineptitude, corruption, nepotism and incompetence have become the hallmark of Nigeria's ruining (er ruling) party.

We are not bothered about the split in the ranks of the PDP. No one is talking about the lack of motorable roads, their is no mention of the mortuaries our hospitals have become, no one is disturbed that 7 yrs after and with over $100m down the drain, we are as far away from stable power supply as the north pole is from the south. Our "leaders" do not care about our worsening crime rate, none of them is concerned that our educational system has collapsed, no one is talking about our mono-economy wholly dependent on oil, none of them is interested in genuine leadership that ordinary Nigerians are yearning for.
Instead we are daily assaulted by the idiotic antics of geriatric men whose sole aim in power is to accumulate as much ill-gotten wealth. They do not care about us neither do we care about them. We did not vote them into power, we do not know them. Many of them have threatened us with a break down of law and order if they do not get the presidency, others have told those of us unfortunate not to have served in the army that we can never aspire to the highest post in the land.
We also are not bothered about the split in their party, it is not our own neither do we recognise it. It is alien to our hopes and aspirations as a nation. We do not care for what they have to say, it is further proof that money and fame do not automatically confer intellectual competence.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by Bibi(m): 7:07am On Jun 13, 2006
The split is inevitable and I believe its a grand design to make Nigerians look the other way.

Since OBJ hijacked the party leadership by installing his master destructor (Ali - You remember the "Ali mon go" of 1978?), there was no difference again from PDP and Aso Rock.

'Me beliefe the grand design was to make PDP fail anyway. I don't think OBJ sees the need for PDP survival if he doesnt continue in office. Net, PDP will fail woefully in next election. PDP never had a program/manifesto, what we have seen is OBJs program which addresses Nigeria economically, but not socially.

Again, what do you expect from a party wihch is a conglomeration of all unlikelies - The rascals (Adedibu an co), the Ex Military (we all know the bunch), The Culprits & Money Launders (Dariye & co), The Doubtfull professors (Gana & cO), The blalala, The Blalala, etc, you can complete the chain. How can so much unlike minds ever work together?
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by DaHitler(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2006
The same way Nigerians make it work. Or at least, try to make it work. Face it, the problem is not PDP, it is the whole damn country.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by wiseguy(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2006
Sometimes I feel the best thing is to line up these thieves and execute all of them. I am beginning to think that is the way forward for this country.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by bolaoni(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2006
why should we care about the split?

Just like david said, WE DON"T KNOW THEM!

So I don't want to bother myself about them or whatever.

All I know is that it cannot be business as USUAL again!
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by Rhodalyn(f): 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2006
HeY!!! cheesy Afeni, U're back!! kiss kiss
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by Rottweiler(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2006
OBJ does not have any bad intention for the nation. Yes I agree. Just like Abacha good intentions. and  IBB too.  OBJ has been in government for almost 7years now and all we see is sycophancy at the highest level, official gangsterism, killings, police intimidation and brutality. If you sum up the amount of money stolen by government officials since the inception of oBJ's administration, it's gonna be times 5 what Abacha looted. They are all the same! It's during his time that government officials embezzle as if there is no tomorrow. Councillors in local government councils are building hotels and houses. Yet we claim to have an agency that fights corruption. Imagine, it was during his time that the IG of police embezzled more than 13billion Naira. If we had ICPC why set up EFCC? Because EFCC was imposed on the nation as one of the conditions for the forgiveness of the nation's debt!

As long as the president continues to surround himself with people with questionable characters: Anenih, Nzeribe, Uba, Alli, etc then it shows us that he just like them.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by bolaoni(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2006
Rottweiler!

Nice One

The nice intention is well noticed.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by molluma(f): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2006
well said rottweiler.the problem with the nigerian government is that all people in power are surrounded by sycophants.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by suspec(m): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2006
To me this split will help us answer some of those questions that bothers us in this country like who killed who, who rigged where,who ate our money and so on.How?because the will still start opening their big mouth and exchange words.We know how shameless our leaders are and we expect them to show that quality and when that starts answer to our questions will then be provided.For Nzeribe,With this crisis he is bound to make some Money because this kind of situation is what he likes,give him money and he will betray any group he belongs to.I trust him,Tell him to leave my governor alone or we shall make him a citizen of abuja by force

So nairalanders,Smile maybe now is the time for us to know the messiah and that should be someone who did not partake in this atrocities.
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by eyeruroma(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2006
PDP has alway being a controversial party that consists of people of divers openions and Ideas and and hijacked power in some part of the country in questionable electoral process and they will definitely pay for it. I like the way Pfof. Wole Soyinka described PDP last week in his interview. He said PDP contains people that will destroy it. PDP can no longer be stable because they have traded away peace. Have we all so soon forgotten the polities that removed Ogheh? and other founding father of PDP. Can somebody tell me where is Naaabah? And you guiles expect peace in PDP, where will they get it? They can never know peace because my people in Niger Delta don't know peace. However, the split is very good. It will now give room for the people to make the choice of who rules then. I knew PDP will split because they also staged managed internal problems of other parties. They must reap what they have sown .
Re: PDP Split: Your Views! by dumebipaul(m): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2006
Nigerians are the only people in the world that when confroted with a wall of issue they will prefer to break the wall and run thru instead of fightiing the issue head long.Fogeting that the energy required to break the wall will be more than that required to fight.FEllow nairalanders what have any of you done to seee that a geniue person that has 9ja at heart will be president comme 2007?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru / Nigeria Will Progress - Gazprom, Nigeria Discuss Gas Deal / Discovery Of The Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.