Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Career Choices In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Choices In Nigeria (1855 Views)

Career Choices Have Consequences / Advice/info On Cost And Choices Of An Msc In UK Or Canada / Jamb Second Choices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choices In Nigeria by babycute(f): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2008
Im presently at the law school. 3wks to write one of the craziest exams i have ever written in my life and im beginin to wonder what the hell im doing in law? Let me break it down: u go into school with all the dreams and aspirations of becoming that lawyer u see on boston legal or justice, if u are as fortunate as i was.you get to spend 5 official and additional 1year in school(dats a gift from Assu).your mates that quietly borrowed themselves brain go and read other courses. From business ad. To economics
Re: Career Choices In Nigeria by babycute(f): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2008
Even to courses like yoruba(no offence intended).then after those mad years in sch.u finally finish witout a life cos your life was buried in your book.u then have to go an additional one year in law sch. Not a normal year oh.i mean a year when if given an option btw it and the deep deep blue sea youl so jump in happily, thats aside the fact that your whole community prob ably had2 donate money for you to meet up the fees, You write your exams and your results are released you find out that after so much
Re: Career Choices In Nigeria by babycute(f): 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2008
Efforts.you are given a pass(as in degree oh) merely because someone, somewhere believes that law sch shouldnt be beans so you should be graded on your lowest score, E.g u take 6 courses. Uve 80% in 5 of them whc earns you a first class.but you have 49% in the 6th course. So dat 49 becomes the determinant factor, ok as if thats not enough u sha take it as Gods will.and you go out2 the world job hunting full of high hopes.dat after so much money spent and time in school.you shld atleast get a good job.
Re: Career Choices In Nigeria by babycute(f): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2008
Shocker, you get a chamber that offers you 5grand or 20, You vex and decide to drop the law and look for greener pastures.u end up in zeneith, fcmb,gtb,and d likes, with ur mates that had just read 4year courses and didnt have2go tru the stufz u went thru, Its so sad, now tell me does it make any sence going professional anymur in Nigeria. Wen we have lawyer turn banker, Engineer turn customer care attendant,med doctor turn cashier, hen accountant turn human resource officer? Does it mke any sence people?
Re: Career Choices In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2008
hmm dont worry just think of the 'respect' people will accord you when you tell them you are a LAWYER aint that what nigerians crave?

or your parents telling their friends My daughter is a LAWYER! grin

about the grading I think that's bullshyte, don't they have a standard across the schools or something I don't think its wise putting peoples grades in the hands of one lecturer!

(1) (Reply)

Ndu 2009\2010 Post Ume Examination / The Truth About Unilorin / Get Admission Into Universities In Poland,ukraine,italy,unitedkingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.