Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

11 Die, 40 Collapse In Immigration Recruitment: Nigerians Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Die, 40 Collapse In Immigration Recruitment: Nigerians Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy (1175 Views)

Students Collapse Durring Mayor’s Long Speech in Ghana (Photo) / Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015/2016 Application Form Is Out. / UI Student Slumps, Dies And 3 Collapse At Exam Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Die, 40 Collapse In Immigration Recruitment: Nigerians Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy by adventure(m): 7:32am On Jul 13, 2008
No fewer than 11 attending the recruitment exercise into the Nigerian Immigration Service NIS were feared dead yesterday in separate incidents across the country. While seven died in Kaduna, three died in Enugu, one lost his life in Bauchi. In both Kaduna and Enugu, the deaths resulted from stamped. In Kaduna, tragedy struck at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, venue of the exercise following a stampede at the entrance of the stadium when the SSCE/WASC and Certificate holders tried to overtake the Diploma/NCE Holders in entering into the main field where an examination was slated to hold. Eye witness account told newsmen that the unfortunate incident occurred around 1:30pm when the SSCE/Certificate holders broke the gate of Government Girls’ Secondary School (GGSS), Independence way and arrived Ahmadu Bello Stadium without approval of the Immigration recruitment team

My question here was, why should it be so, i accompanied my sister to Government college Owerri yestarday and saw my fellow Nigerians running just to meet up with this demand, i pitty my fellow Human beings, according to news, this exercise would have only base on taken ordinarily exam and who ever passed will be recruited, but the reverse was the case.

is unfortunate my fellow country people.

well may the souls of those who lost there life rest in perfect peace.
Re: 11 Die, 40 Collapse In Immigration Recruitment: Nigerians Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy by DisGuy: 6:28am On Jul 14, 2008
the head of immigration should be charged with manslaughter!

Vanguard-13 died

dail trust-20 die in four states
Re: 11 Die, 40 Collapse In Immigration Recruitment: Nigerians Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy by adventure(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2008
toooooooooooo baddddddddddddddddddd

(1) (Reply)

Ksu Admission List. / Federal Polythecnic Illaro, Ogun State / Re: Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.