Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport (4995 Views)

Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / Nigerian Aviation: Between Stella Oduah And Aluu 4 / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

The place is STILL undergoing comprehensive remodeling, so STFU till its completed and commissioned.

MMIA have been under remodeling for over a year, and you call that progress, do I need remind you of the amount of water that travelers have to swim through when it rains at MMIA....? Electricity of all the shops are tapped seperately without a single particular source, this is why sometimes some ticketing offices go a whole day without power, wandering crowd of useless people everywhere, security standing at the entrance with ak47 as if they are in a war zone asking travelers for traveling info as if they know what a ticket looks like. Even the number of immigration, custom, NDLEA, SSS, FAAN officials are more than those traveling daily., for God sake don't you have sanity.?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 07, 2013
1acre: I totally disagree with u o.. Oga.. Pulling of shoes is still dat way In Heathrow.

So we have to do it because Hearthrow is still practicing it.? Choi oga you are doomed, and still under colonization.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Krak(m): 7:49am On Nov 07, 2013
A lot of people are openly insulting a particular tribe on this thread and still they accuse the MODS of ethnicism.

How can you expect such an abusive thread to hit front page?

Let us learn to analyse issues without being insulting in any way.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Ngokafor(f): 7:49am On Nov 07, 2013
..so Stella Oduah really did all these yet some people are calling for her sack?...they prefer we continue with the rot we've had to contend with all these years,looting the aviation treasury with absolutly nothing to show..

..such evil-minded people!..na wa!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

South Africa
United state
Germany
Greece
Switzerland

And so many others have left such traditions. And I guess you are waiting for hearthrow to stop doing it before you adopt it, mumu the Uk has now become heaven for you to always compare Nigeria with, and you better stop fooling yourself in public, because those places you mentioned are the least places I will ever give my interest to in visiting, you know why? Because they are no different from Nigeria and can even be worst than Nigeria in terms of Racism, because as it is, tribalism is the reason for this your comment which is no different from racism. So go and kill yourself.

You little mouth-twisting son of a liar. My roomie is from Switzerland and I just asked him if they still take off shoes at their airport and he said Yes they do. And on that note, i nullify all other countries you've mentioned.

My friend STFU or tell us somewhere you've been to 1st hand and put some love in your heart.

I guess South Africa is still asleep, I'll call my friend there too to confirm when he's up. You sit in your fathers sitting room and tell us about what happens in another country. Keep dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by gratiaeo(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2013
Those demonizing Oduah are evil incarnate.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

I am not talking about me, but asking a foreigner who just got into the Country to pay N1000 before making use of a common trolley is an embarrassment, because other places, those things are free... must we use everything as source of funding.
Bloody liar. Nobody pays 1000 naira for a trolley. It's 100 naira each. Though that's still not right IMO but the practice predates the present administration.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2013
^^^^^
Don't mind him jare. That eddieburke dude has never left the shores of this country. Atlanta hartsfield is the world's busiest. If you don't want to take off your shoes,you do what is called pre screening and to do that costs a whooping $85. As in American airports will charge you if you don't want you shoes taken off. To think his complaint started with a purported 1000 naira trolley charge. For his info, JFK charges $5 for cart usage. Toronto charges $4. Many airports actually charge for carts and nobody likes that especially in arrivals because you might not have the local currency on hand.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

So what you do is to online and get infos from online? Lol you must be the biggest dummy on NL and you want to compare yourself as being a traveller. Plz I am not ready for kids talk. Peace out

Don't run away, I'm trying to upload a picture of my school ID as proof. I don't have to send my passport pages as even the pages are punch encrypted with my Passport No. and I challenge you to show us a proof that you've left your fathers sitting room. Lying e-diot
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 8:23am On Nov 07, 2013
1acre: I totally disagree with u o.. Oga.. Pulling of shoes is still dat way In Heathrow.

Lies!!! I've used Heathrow this year and over the years, no one has ever told me to take off my shoes. This year I've been through Weeze Airport, Dusseldorf, Girona, Barcelona El Prat, Gatwick and Edinburgh. No one has ever told me to take off my shoes in these airports.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 8:25am On Nov 07, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Bloody liar. Nobody pays 1000 naira for a trolley. It's 100 naira each. Though that's still not right IMO but the practice predates the present administration.

It's N150 mr, which should not be! There should be other ways of generating revenue and not this crude approach to revenue generation.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2013
MMIA should not be called an airport. It is a farm house. The place stinks! The car park is a complete mess! Lighting is poor in this airport.

It should be taken away from the vultures and their associates at FAAN and the Ministry of Aviation. These people cannot manage effectively and deliver value for money services in these airports.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Bloody liar. Nobody pays 1000 naira for a trolley. It's 100 naira each. Though that's still not right IMO but the practice predates the present administration.

When was the last time you used MMIA, I came into NIgeria 29th Oct and everyone who used trolleys paid 1000 naira, so please get your facts straight before u start fooling yourselfs, there is actually an organization that handles trolleys now. So please don't make yourself look like an ediot in public.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by oduaboy1: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2013
xharder: Hmm!!!!!! very fantastic job...........well done STELLA ODUAH!!! Infact you deserve more than two armored cars.
What sort backward mentality is this,did she use her money to renovate the airports,or what was she appointed for in the first instance,cant blame you though this is Nigeria where people see their their rights as priviledges.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by enigmang: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

I am not talking about me, but asking a foreigner who just got into the Country to pay N1000 before making use of a common trolley is an embarrassment, because other places, those things are free... must we use everything as source of funding.

When you say other places you are generalising.. Heathrow Terminal 3 to be precised the trolleys outside the airport have to be paid for ... You put a coin in the machine and it opens the trolley gate...

Oo and its not the shopping trolley kind where you get your coin back

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by enigmang: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2013
ballabriggs:

Lies!!! I've used Heathrow this year and over the years, no one has ever told me to take off my shoes. This year I've been through Weeze Airport, Dusseldorf, Girona, Barcelona El Prat, Gatwick and Edinburgh. No one has ever told me to take off my shoes in these airports.

Seems you wore plimsoles... There's nothing wrong in taking off your shoes. And it happens in most countries.. Esp. International flights
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2013
enigmang:

When you say other places you are generalising.. Heathrow Terminal 3 to be precised the trolleys outside the airport have to be paid for ... You put a coin in the machine and it opens the trolley gate...

Why do you Nigerians always like to bring out examples to justify your wrong acts...? Can't you copy the good examples and let the wrong ones continue to live with those practicing it..? Before the Taxi park was moved upstairs at MMIA, can you roll a trolley down those staircase from the airport to the Taxi rank?
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2013
enigmang:

Seems you wore plimsoles... There's nothing wrong in taking off your shoes. And it happens in most countries.. Esp. International flights

Lies!!! I do not fly without shoes for safety reasons. Heathrow does not tell you take off your shoes.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by enigmang: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

MMIA have been under remodeling for over a year, and you call that progress, do I need remind you of the amount of water that travelers have to swim through when it rains at MMIA....? Electricity of all the shops are tapped seperately without a single particular source, this is why sometimes some ticketing offices go a whole day without power, wandering crowd of useless people everywhere, security standing at the entrance with ak47 as if they are in a war zone asking travelers for traveling info as if they know what a ticket looks like. Even the number of immigration, custom, NDLEA, SSS, FAAN officials are more than those traveling daily., for God sake don't you have sanity.?

You really have not been to airports around the world as you claim to have been

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2013
enigmang:

Lies!!! You do not pay for trolleys in Heathrow or any airport in England and Scotland. I have never been asked to pay for one. I have never been asked to do so in any airport apart from MMIA.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by enigmang: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Why do you Nigerians always like to bring out examples to justify your wrong acts...? Can't you copy the good examples and let the wrong ones continue to live with those practicing it..? Before the Taxi park was moved upstairs at MMIA, can you roll a trolley down those staircase from the airport to the Taxi rank?

dude you are comparing Nigeria to other places and your argument was that they are free and i am giving examples of other places that are not free....
Starting from UK here..

You shouldn't have started the comparison at first

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2013
enigmang:

You really have not been to airports around the world as you claim to have been

I have Mr and yes security are inside the main airport areas with pistols tucked by the side gun pockets and not the entrance of the airports with Ak47 guns wrapped around their bodies like they are fighting wars.
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2013
enigmang:

dude you are comparing Nigeria to other places and your argument was that they are free and i am giving examples of other places that are not free....
Starting from UK here..

You shouldn't have started the comparison at first

You should shut up you know, Uk is an ancient kingdom and Nigeria should stop copying them, if u used another country it would have been better
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by ballabriggs: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2013
Trolleys
Baggage trolleys are provided for your use free of charge in key areas around the terminal buildings.
Arriving passengers will find plenty of trolleys in baggage reclaim, and these can be taken to the car park, bus station or rail station access points.
Trolleys are also provided on the departures concourse. Please note that they can't be taken through security control.
In the interests of safety, please don't let children ride on the trolleys.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/services-and-facilities/trolleys

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

I have Mr and yes security are inside the main airport areas with pistols tucked by the side gun pockets and not the entrance of the airports with Ak47 guns wrapped around their bodies like they are fighting wars.

I will not lie again... Repeat after me, I will not lie again. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2013
rudedough:

I will not lie again... Repeat after me, I will not lie again. grin grin

I hate having a convo with fools, peace out
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by banki(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2013
What. Has this got. To do with misapproprating funds?
She is doing. Her job as minister of avaition nothing spectacular afterall she is remodelling airports that. Some one else built
None of our airpports even aafter spending so much is among the top 10 in africa!or is mmia. In the same class with joburg durban capetown cairo addisababa cassablanca Tunis tripoli algeier,gaborone,nairobi,?
Imagine the minister that supervised the king. Shakka airport. In. Durban or the oliver tambo airport renovation. In sa buying bullet proofbmw?
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by taharqa: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2013
hercules07: I feel a new terminal should be built, the MMIA needs to be rebuilt from scratch, it is going to be profitable.
A new terminal is actuali been built from d $500m Chinese Loan, and a World Class one at that. 5 of them are planned; Constructn work in at least 2 hv already started
Re: Pictures Of Stella Oduah's Airport by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2013
banki: What. Has this got. To do with misapproprating funds?
She is doing. Her job as minister of avaition nothing spectacular afterall she is remodelling airports that. Some one else built
None of our airpports even aafter spending so much is among the top 10 in africa!or is mmia. In the same class with joburg durban capetown cairo addisababa cassablanca Tunis tripoli algeier,gaborone,nairobi,?
Imagine the minister that supervised the king. Shakka airport. In. Durban or the oliver tambo airport renovation. In sa buying bullet proofbmw?

We are not justifying misappropriation of public funds. What we are saying is that credit should be given to whom it is due. Let's call it an over inflated project but it's still evident that work was done.

What about the past aviation ministers that collected contract fund and never did any work? Leaving the aviation sector to rot.

Let's have some love in our heart irrespective of tribal sentiments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) / What Is The Best Way To Get To Ekiti From Abuja / Guinness, UNITAR, Partner FRSC On High Visibility Enforcement And Motoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.