Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S (23734 Views)

Midnight Accident On Lagos Ibadan Express Way (photos) / Only Seen On Lagos Roads (photo) / The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by AUTOCRATIC(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2013
This accident happens around 8.40am this morning.The vanagon bus ran to the other mazda bus.
An eye witness said the brake pad of the vanagon pulled out and lost control,thank God their was a little traffic on the road as at that time,the accident would have been more serious.Their was no casualty,but some passengers sustain injury.

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by AUTOCRATIC(m): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2013
P

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Lovetinz(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to take to write the brief and upload these good pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by AUTOCRATIC(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2013
Lovetinz: Thanks for taking the time to take to write the brief and upload these good pictures.
lol,thanks
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by miteolu(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Good reporting detail.

"There was no casualty"

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by shiftmarket(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Deliver us Lord from every evil. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Abbey2sam(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2013
Thank God there's no casualty?

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by igbsam(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2013
These are the exhibits i was able to gather at the accident scene. Please for the safety of others and not yours, Do Not Drink & Drive, Do Not Smoke, Get High and Drive. If you want to die, please drive alone and make sure you head for the ocean alone. All this danfo drivers always do this stuffs without checking the work condition of their buses and then hit the road just like that putting everyone at risk. The bus must have been giving him signs even if the brake pad pulled out, but in a bid to make money asap, he cared less.

Drunk Driving is a crime.

10 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by dryakson(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2013
May God protect us in from the evil of the road. In this ember months

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by dryakson(m): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Gifted4all(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Accident shall not come near our dwelling place we shall go and come back safe and sound this year.in Jesus name Amen

5 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by funshybam(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2013
No be stout bottle i been dey see so?

*Anybody seeing what I'm seeing??*

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Olugbenger(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2013
There is more to this news

May the LORD protect us all from evil.
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by clnzo: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2013
I jus saw a bottle of stout on da ground. Are u sure dey wre nt drunk while driving!!

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by idy15: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2013
AUTOCRATIC: P

wetin those stout bottle dey do there, abi na them cause the break failure. Father Help us oooooooooooooo
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by ohpydbest: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2013
God help us in dis country ooo

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by sylvar02(m): 10:07am On Nov 07, 2013
Bad
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by odiereke(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Are U sure that van argon is road worthiness? Couple with the bottle of Guinness lying on the floor. Am sure both the bus and the driver are highly intoxicated. The exhibit available at the scene of incident has already shows who is at fault. Anyway, thank God there is no causality.

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by WHIZBRO(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2013
No be bottle of beer I dey see for ground.
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by sunex: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2013
idy15:

wetin those stout bottle dey do there, abi na them cause the break failure. Father Help us oooooooooooooo

mayb d driver took som bottle of stout and skunk b4 taking off..may God save us for ds country....
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by bastien: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2013
God na ur hand we dey o

Abeg no let me enta bus wey all d passenger are destined to die that day!

1 Like

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Briz04: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2013
;DWetin be d diff btw casualty and injury...abeg check ur dictionary
AUTOCRATIC: Their was no casualty,but some passengers sustain injury.
...grin ;Dhehehe no grudge pls
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by aieromon(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2013
This looks like a case of DUI to me.

That Volks bus is heavy metal lipsrsealed
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by sixtu: 10:24am On Nov 07, 2013
I hope that no life was lost?
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2013
An eye witness saw a brake pad "pull out" from the Vanagon. That makes no sense. Did he / she see this before the crash or after? Was he / she staring at a fast rotating wheel to spot a brake pad "pulling out"? Gross exaggeration from one who wishes to be "relevant"!

Another issue very common with Nigerian reporting - reporters, both amateur and professional have the odd habit of focusing on empty alcohol bottles at the scene of an RTA. How do beer or other bottles of alcohol correlate to the cause of an accident? How can they determine the driver was drinking from those bottles?

Those bottles could well have belonged to any of the passengers, or even been lying around beside the road. It's not like Nigeria takes pride in her surroundings, and so is free of litter.

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Burger01(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Thank God no life was lost.

sad
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2013
first thing i look out for when i see an accident is blood. thank God there was none. God keep us safe in these dangerous times
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by creativemusic: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2013
Thank God oo no life was lost shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by truetalk01(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2013
thank God no life lost
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by victorazy(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Always use ur Hand brake when the foot brake discharged.
The Footbrake controls only the front wheels but the Hand barake control the rear wheels, I don't know why ppl always miss it.
Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by KriTic24A: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2013
igbsam: These are the exhibits i was able to gather at the accident scene. Please for the safety of others and not yours, Do Not Drink & Drive, Do Not Smoke, Get High and Drive. If you want to die, please drive alone and make sure you head for the ocean alone. All this danfo drivers always do this stuffs without checking the work condition of their buses and then hit the road just like that putting everyone at risk. The bus must have been giving him signs even if the brake pad pulled out, but in a bid to make money asap, he cared less.

When i see a scene like this especially that of an accident, i used to wonder if those drivers are actually not subject to road traffic laws.
Almost all the danfo drivers drove throughtout the day with recklessness. But what i found confounding is that they are hardly put in check by either Lastma or Police. Not even FRSC marshals question their speed on the road.
If you want to comfirm this, go and station yourself in front of Challenge Bus stop Mushin, you will see how these drivers drives past the so-called road safety marshals without the fear of being arrested for overspeeding.
May be because there is no speed limit in Lagos or is it because most of the Danfos in Lagos are owned by either the Police, Lastma, Army or a Naval officer.
With the knowledge that nothing can happens to them so long their owner is a uniform personel, they are at liberty to speed anyhow.
That is more reason their accidents are always a fatal one. They drives with hazard lights both day and night unchecked inspite of their "high" state.
Their owners also drive with impunity on the road. Check any danfo that parked at unauthorized place, he will be a uniformed person...

You know in Nigeria today, that god-fatherism is equal to impunity.
You dare correct any one of them, he will tell you he have been driving like that for 'hundred years'.

Yet, YET, all of us are saddled with their recklessness since our goverment also failed in that area as well.
May GOD in HIS infinite mercy always see us through our threatened daily activities....

I don't think it's out of place to ban their activities on the High-way....

My thought o.....

2 Likes

Re: Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S by datmix(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2013
lmao
igbsam: These are the exhibits i was able to gather at the accident scene. Please for the safety of others and not yours, Do Not Drink & Drive, Do Not Smoke, Get High and Drive. If you want to die, please drive alone and make sure you head for the ocean alone. All this danfo drivers always do this stuffs without checking the work condition of their buses and then hit the road just like that putting everyone at risk. The bus must have been giving him signs even if the brake pad pulled out, but in a bid to make money asap, he cared less.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Rebuild Or To Replace? / Believe It Or Not, These Are Images Of A Very Active Truck In Nigeria! (PHOTO) / Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.