Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? (1520 Views)

We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install / Huawei E1550 Firmware Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by longqind: 10:35am On Nov 07, 2013
After update a jailbroken iPhone to iOS 7,you may lost contacts on your iPhone. If your iPhone was jailbreak before,you can’t update your iPhone to iOS 7 directly with WIFI,it might cause your iPhone unable to run into the system,iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo Screen. To upgrade a jailbroken iPhone to iOS 7, you must to use “Firmware Upgrade” your iPhone.

What’s means “Firmware Upgrade”? In a word, first of all,you need to download the iOS 7 version--“ iPhone3,1_7.0.3_11B511_Restore”,and then upgrade your iPhone via iTunes(the latest iTunes version).

Many iPhone users upgrade their iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 to iOS 7 in “Firmware Upgrade”.However,they lost all data on their iPhone.What's more,you may lost iPhone contacts.How to restore contacts on iPhone?

To recover deleted contacts on iPhone.There are two effective methods that you can apply to get back those valuable files, depending on what resources you have on hand (whether you have iTunes backup or a good recovery software).

Method 1: Recover deleted contacts on iPhone using iTunes backup
If you have backed up your phone through iTunes after saving the contacts on your iPhone before syncing it, then you can use iTunes to restore lost data. Here's how:

Step 1 – Choose an iTunes backup file of your device to scan, and click Scan. The process will extract the content from your phone backup file.

Step 2 – Once the scan is finished, the screen will display the entire backup content extracted. Find your contactss — in .mpeg format typically — and click “Recover” to recover deleted contacts on iPhone.

Method 2: No backup? Just use a third party[B] iPhone contacts recovery[/B] tool to recover deleted contacts on iPhone

Tips: To avoiding lost contacts on your iPhone,you must to back up iPhone contacts to computer,so that you never lost iPhone contacts.

Related use guide:
recover photo from iPhone on Mac and windows computer

Use guide to recover iPhone iMessages SMS

The best way to recover iPhone iPad lost data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlOOI2bzyV4
Re: Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by huasenr6: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2014
iPhone Data Recovery can help you easily recover deleted iPhone data from iTunes backup after upgrade. This iPhone data recovery not only supports recover iphone deleted/lost files from iPhone, including notes, photos, contacts, song, video, ect. If you lost data from your iPhone!

Read more:
how to retrieve deleted text messages on iphone
how to recover deleted photos from iphone
how to restore contacts on iphone
how to recover deleted videos from iPhone]
Re: Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by Jombol26: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2014
After upgrade, the iPhone data must be erased, including photos, music, text messages, contacts, etc. so you must backup all the data before upgrade, if you lost data after upgrade, iPhone Data Recovery can help all you out of those data losing troubles, you can follow the steps below and have a try!
Step 1. connect your iPhone to your computer
Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the program
Step 2. Download a plug-in separately for your iPhone
Before scanning your iPhone for, you should download a plug-in. The plug-in will show up once the iPhone is connected. Just click the "Download" button. After downloading it
Step 3.follow instructions to scan your iPhone
Before you perform recovery, you ought to enter the system of your iPhone. Follow the steps below:
1. Hold your iPhone and click "Start".
2. Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time when you click "Start",and hold them for exactly 10 seconds.
3. After 10 seconds, release the Power button and keep pressing the Home button for another 15 seconds.
Step 4. preview data from iPhone
After a while, you can see all the found data, to preview your iPhone, the data to be selected are not only the deleted ones but also the remained ones. Since you want to recover those, you should refine the result by turning on the button. Mark those you want, and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.

Guide: iPhone Photo Recovery, iPhone SMS Recovery, iPhone Contact Recovery, iPhone Video Recovery, iPhone Notes Recovery
Re: Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by DaveWest: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by winlder: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
iOS 9 Upgrade or jailbreaking iOS 9 devices cause erased all messages on your iPhone? How can you recover lost SMS from iPhone on iOS 9?
No matter how much the iOS upgrade,you can recover lost messages from iPhone with 3 ways:

1)recover SMS directly from iPhone without backup.
2)retrieve iPhone messages from iTunes backup.
3) restore iPhone lost messages from iCloud backup.
Recover SMS from iPhone 6s/6 after Jailbreaking

Recover Lost Photos Data from iOS 9 iPhone After Jailbreaking

Read more from:
http://www.restore-iphone-data.com/
Re: Firmware Upgrade My Jailbroken Iphone Cause Lost Data, How To Restore Iphone? by IanMcEwan: 7:37am On Aug 23, 2018
To restore iPhone after the firmware upgrade, you can turn to the iCloud Backup or iTunes Backup.
Here are the stepwise instructions:

How to Restore iPhone without iTunes

How Do I Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup and iCloud Backup?

Three Methods to Restore iPad from Backup Efficiently

(1) (Reply)

Problem Of Unwanted Shutting Down And Restarting / Cheap Toshiba Laptop / My Laptop Battery Is Not Charging!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.