Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo (1038 Views)

Buhari Has Set A New World Record In The Power Sector.by E O Eke / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Abia State Legacy Projects: Sector By Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
Resurrection of scavengers in aviation sector

By Ibrahim Dangogo

The current happenings in the aviation sector, with allegations and accusations, is a pointer to something awful. It is a clear indication that the scavengers exited by the ongoing transformation in the aviation sector have resurrected from the suffocating effects of the developmental sanitization that forcefully released the sector from their wicked grip, for the benefit of the Nigerian masses.

Ready for a kill, the evil birds with the appearances of concessionaires, self-appointed activists, failed politicians, shylock businessmen and biased aviation labour groups, are greedily eyeing the aviation sector; salivating with imagination of how its carcass would taste should it fall to their antics time again. Like the eagle, they are attempting to scare away the mother hen to enable them access to the helpless chick but would Nigerians allow that?

In recent weeks, they have shown a level of precision in their attack to demonstrate an excellent similarity in their onslaught compared to an eagle on the prowl but the ruthlessness of the vulture that typified their activities is what would make Nigerians groan should they succeed in their hunting of the soul of the Nigerian Aviation sector. Frequent users of our airports would not forget in hurry that the associated cost of using the airports was higher than the fees paid for flights in those of darkness of these scavengers, and that the numerous charges cancelled by Stella Oduah, the Hon. Minister of Aviation’s illuminating efforts in the aviation sector brought a huge relief to them.

These detractors are used to sucking the hard earned resources of unsuspecting travelers and individuals involved in economic activities around the airports under the guise of concessionary agreement or arrangement, designed to enrich themselves at the expense of other Nigerians. Previous drivers of the sector, for fear of intimidation or perhaps based on mutually beneficial agreement, had allowed the rip-off to continue but the Aviation minister would not allow such arm-twisting, and decidedly pitched herself against the multifaceted cabals, controlling the aviation sector for decades, by developing and implementing an Aviation Sector Road Map that liberated the sector.

Quickly, the road map brought the sector out of the darkness, to the present modernity that unsettles the prowlers, who have consistently been against development. In their reigning days, a visit to a convenience at any of the nation’s airports would leave you worse than you entered, as the strong imagery of human excreta caked around the WCs in our international airports remains dominant on your mind!

I try not to imagine this again because my fertile mind has gone back to those days of horror when you could tell from the toilet walls the colour of the last user’s urine since water would not run. The toilet facilities then were under pressure, as there were no functional air-conditioners at the airports. You had to journey to nearby facilities to make yourself comfortable, if pressed. Or do you call the fans in boxes, rolling at their own pace, air-conditioners? The waiting lounge were so wonderful that you were not better than people walking on the streets whenever and you happened to be unfortunate to be waiting for your flight, be it domestic or international.

We can easily forget these experiences since an era of transformation has berthed at the aviation sector, displacing the savagery age of concessioners and political contractors who promoted lax aviation rules and regulations for their pecuniary gains. Perhaps this memory would have been fresh on our minds if the era had persisted a little longer and we begin to see people pushing airplanes on the runway to gain the required momentum for taking-off.

But these times are not far too gone. The beauty we are seeing at our remodeled airports and the series of aviation safety feats attained by the leadership of Stella Oduah are under immense attack, the displaced vultures are wishing these things become carcass for their feasting. Spurious allegations and sustained calumny are mounted against the minister to frustrate her efforts. However, for me, this is test of her commitment to this country and her people.

If I were the minister would I resign from a lifetime opportunity to make visible contributions to the development of my beloved country, Nigeria? When I know that the motive for the attack is to enable foragers have unfettered access to the sector and destroy my legacy? Will the minister in the face of this orchestrated campaign of distraction renounce your commitment and promise to farmers and rural dwellers, whom you have assured that their farms produce will be exchanged for foreign currencies when exported abroad?

Dangogo writes from Kano

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/opinion/resurrection-scavengers-aviation-sector/
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
We can easily forget these experiences since an era of transformation has berthed at the aviation sector, displacing the savagery age of concessioners and political contractors who promoted lax aviation rules and regulations for their pecuniary gains. Perhaps this memory would have been fresh on our minds if the era had persisted a little longer and we begin to see people pushing airplanes on the runway to gain the required momentum for taking-off.

But these times are not far too gone. The beauty we are seeing at our remodeled airports and the series of aviation safety feats attained by the leadership of Stella Oduah are under immense attack, the displaced vultures are wishing these things become carcass for their feasting. Spurious allegations and sustained calumny are mounted against the minister to frustrate her efforts. However, for me, this is test of her commitment to this country and her people.

Dangogo Ibrahim is spot. When sentiments are thrown aside for objective, the real mission of the cabal will be as clear as succinctly outline in this article.
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by pandriod: 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dangogo Ibrahim, another Chijo Chimezie masquerading as a northerner to support his thieving sister?

Here on nairaland, we have lots of ibo people claiming northerners or south westerners
eg
Tunde Olaniyi, Me Aboki and co?

4 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
pandriod: Dangogo Ibrahim, another Chijo Chimezie masquerading as a northerner to support his thieving sister?

Here on nairaland, we have lots of ibo people claiming northerners eg

Perhaps you should take that up with the newspaper if it matters to you. Now how about a message, any thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dangogo Ibrahim.....hummmmmmm.

Meanwhile...there is no link
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by pandriod: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
PointB:

Perhaps you should take that up with the newspaper if it matters to you. Now how about a message, any thoughts?

A massage from Kano State governor to stella oduah

“Please you people should tell Ms Stella Oduah to allow
any airlines that wants to do business in Kano Airport
to do so if she wants sleep well,” he said

http://leadership.ng/news/251013/kwankwaso-aviation-minister-allow-airlines-do-business-kano-if
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
pandriod:

A massage from Kano State governor to stella oduah

http://leadership.ng/news/251013/kwankwaso-aviation-minister-allow-airlines-do-business-kano-if

Quit trying to derail the thread boy. Stay on topic or go to the other thread. I am not sure the MODs will pardon your antics.

2 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
pandriod: Dangogo Ibrahim, another Chijo Chimezie masquerading as a northerner to support his thieving sister?

Here on nairaland, we have lots of ibo people claiming northerners or south westerners
eg

fyi northerners no longer involve in herd mentality in this era like the Swesterners still stuck in the stone age have continued under Tinubu
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
FreeGlobe:
fyi northerners no longer involve in herd mentality in this era like the Swesterners still stuck in the stone age have continued under Tinubu

One moment...you call them abokis and use some of the most derogatory terms on them...next moment..you are calling them the next best thing after slice bread...just because the fake author bears their name...

This boy...you are a big joke on NL....

BTW....why can't you ever make a comment without you finding a way to add Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

One moment...you call them abokis and use some of the most derogatory terms on them...next moment..you are calling them the next best thing after slice bread...just because the fake author bears their name...

This boy...you are a big joke on NL....

BTW....why can't you ever make a comment without you finding a way to add Tinubu?
you don't want to respect yourself after just serving your lengthy ban abi? I just pointed out a new development about the mallams which perhaps you yorubas should learn from. How does that imply calling them the best thing since slice bread dumbo, btw, is Tinubu your god?
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Tolexander: 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
PointB:

Dangogo Ibrahim is spot. When sentiments are thrown aside for objective, the real mission of the cabal will be as clear as succinctly outline in this article.
do you remember this news?
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/investigation-reveals-enugu-pro-oduah-protesters-got-n4000-each/
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
Tolexander: do you remembers this news?
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/investigation-reveals-enugu-pro-oduah-protesters-got-n4000-each/
beer parlor investigation. only fit for the dustbin
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you don't want to respect yourself after just serving your lengthy ban abi? I just pointed out a new development about the mallams which perhaps you yorubas should learn from. How does that imply calling them the best thing since slice bread dumbo, btw, is Tinubu your god?

Well....since you've believed that Tinubu is your problem in life....you will need to live with it because there is just nothing you can do about it..

You are the in house comedian on this forum
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Well....since you've believed that Tinubu is your problem in life....you will need to live with it because there is just nothing you can do about it..

You are the in house comedian on this forum
thanks for the complement, I hope you will never complain about any of my 'comedy' again on this forum
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by pandriod: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
PointB: ^^^
Link? Fixed.

The Sun?. Little wonders you deliberately hid the source in your OP. Who takes eastern propaganda power house serious?
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Onlytruth(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
The points made by the article are exactly the reasons I will continue to support Stella Oduah till the very end.
Only thieves, hangers-ons and aviation sector cankerworms are calling for her removal. Truth defenders know that this woman deserves accolades for the revolution she has initiated in the aviation sector in just 2 years.

4 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by luvmijeje(f): 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
I still can't look beyond the fact that 8 air mishaps occurred under this woman's watch, for Christ sake that is pure incompetent. And to add insult to injury the reason for madam 'do the needful' incompetency was revealed. I think it's high time, she should desist from disturbing us with all this her Messianic messages.
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Brimmie(m): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
luvmijeje: I still can't look beyond the fact that 8 air mishaps occurred under this woman's watch, for Christ sake that is pure incompetent. And to add insult to injury the reason for madam 'do the needful' incompetency was revealed. I think it's high time, she should desist from disturbing us with all this her Messianic messages.
+1

1 Like

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by PointB: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Onlytruth: The points made by the article are exactly the reasons I will continue to support Stella Oduah till the very end.
Only thieves, hangers-ons and aviation sector cankerworms are calling for her removal. Truth defenders know that this woman deserves accolades for the revolution she has initiated in the aviation sector in just 2 years.

As usual, very much on point!
Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by agbameta: 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Link? Fixed.

ha!!. ibo news tabloid. Very convenient indeed..

The house just indicted the woman for clear and obvious transgressions and this loser with masquerading identity is crying about some imaginary cabal. Did the so called cabal forced her to go lie? Was she forced to violate stated laws when she overstepped her bounds by going over what was approved for ministry? Did the cabal failed to carry along the BPE during her shady and crooked do the needful deal? Did the cabal at the NCAA lied to the NAS on her behalf?

Bunch of corrupt and incompetent clowns..

2 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by texazzpete(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Onlytruth: The points made by the article are exactly the reasons I will continue to support Stella Oduah till the very end.

Please change your name from 'Onlytruth' to 'onlylies'.

You should be ashamed of yourself, defending corrupt acts because the lady hails from your ethnic group.

You are no different from the people in Delta state that were given dry fish to come out to campaign for Ibori's release.

4 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by agbameta: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2013

Accolades for committing crime and violating the trust the people of Nigeria trusted her with?

You villagers no dey fail to disappoint with your tribal, insane and absurd comments...

3 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by naijaking1: 3:00am On Nov 08, 2013
texazzpete:

Please change your name from 'Onlytruth' to 'onlylies'.

You should be ashamed of yourself, defending corrupt acts because the lady hails from your ethnic group.

You are no different from the people in Delta state that were given dry fish to come out to campaign for Ibori's release.

PLease point to one false statement by the author of the article.
If not then you'd understand why politicizing an allegedly criminal action by the minister generates an equally political reaction.
The article brings an important point to this debate: motive of her prosecutors and their agents.

2 Likes

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2013
Link? Fixed.

this newspaper is owned by ibo people so i discard the news.

Ibrahim dangogo is the usual chima okeke or ikenna mba who is trying to save his sister despite her beign indicted by the house of reps.

1 Like

Re: Resurrection Of Scavengers In Aviation Sector - By Ibrahim Dangogo by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2013
naijaking1:

PLease point to one false statement by the author of the article.
If not then you'd understand why politicizing an allegedly criminal action by the minister generates an equally political reaction.
The article brings an important point to this debate: motive of her prosecutors and their agents.

Point to an obviously false statement? That's easy. See below

PointB: Frequent users of our airports would not forget in hurry that the associated cost of using the airports was higher than the fees paid for flights in those of darkness of these scavengers, and that the numerous charges cancelled by Stella Oduah, the Hon. Minister of Aviation’s illuminating efforts in the aviation sector brought a huge relief to them.

Sorry bro, but we were paying much less to fly. I can't remember handing over money to any airport 'scavengers' when I had a duly purchased flight ticket.
Now? FAAN charge is in place, ticket prices are much higher (thanks to higher tax regime on the operators). FAAN now charges me N2000 per day if I want to park my car at the PH International airport, up from N1000.

Can you please share your own experiences with these 'scavengers'?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question For APC Members On NL / Anambra Elections 2013: Nl Members Reporting Live From 177 Communities / Chibok Girls: New York Post Replies Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.