Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Financial Advice For Aspiring Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Financial Advice For Aspiring Student (494 Views)

All Aspiring Student Of University Of Ibadan Thread Here / Federal Polyoko Student/aspiring Student / Good News For Aspiring Student That Sat For Yabatech 2012/2013 Postutme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Advice For Aspiring Student by proselector: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2013
Good morning all:
I just felt I should give some financial advice to aspiring nairalanders.

Being in school could hectic expecially in the absence of financial support. Even when you have a sponsor or on a scholarship, you might still at a point be faced with some challenges. So these tips might help you while preparing for school.

1. Saving: While awaiting resumption, you could do some little savings. instead of buying latest phones, keeping the money in the bank could help solve a need in school.

2. Rationalize Spending: If you intend to scale through school expecially when not so financially endowed, you need to be rational in spending. Dont just buy for buying sake. And attimes look out for alternatives. I know a girl in school that buys new cloths and shoes every start of the semester. And goes broke two weeks latter.

3. Plan ahead: With the money you have athand, plan ahead. If you know that getting an accomodation outside will criple your finance, why not stay in the hostle? And if even the hostel fee will cripple your finance, you could squat with someone if its permitted.

4. Work hard so you could secure a scholarship.

You could raise money enough for your fees or to buy a laptop through nairaland.com cooperative society www.nairaland.com/1507688/nairaland-e-cooperative-society

I hope my tips do help...
please comment or add yours. thanks
Re: Financial Advice For Aspiring Student by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2013
Nice one, everything was going well until i read your last sentence, looks more like an advert than an advice.... Lol,.. Businessmen grin
Re: Financial Advice For Aspiring Student by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2013
this is what i'm facing right now. The money is too small to save, bt i'll still save and go hungry. I blive God will send a helper!! Is not easy @all when u don't have sum1 to sponsor u. I realy thank God its a Federal University i got admittion into, the fees is not that high compare to State Universities
Re: Financial Advice For Aspiring Student by proselector: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Nice one, everything was going well until i read your last sentence, looks more like an advert than an advice.... Lol,.. Businessmen grin

actually, i was thinking of advertising bt I felt the advise might help every one

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Student Past And Present / Where Is Our Mind? In Our Heart Or In Our Brain? / UNN & ESUT Announce Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.