Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,979 members, 7,825,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. (877 Views)

Court Orders DSS To Produce Nnamdi Kanu On November 23 - Thisday Live / Alamieyeseigha Set To Represent Apc At 2016 Gubernatorial Polls / "Yoruba Youths" To Endorse Jonathan On November 30, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by mildteddy(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
I have kept mum for long as if what is going to happen in my state on 16th November is non of my business. The truth is I get too emotional to be rational when something affects me to the core.

The candidates have from time to time debated and shown their level of thinking, school of thought, political acumen and their manifesto.

What needs to be done has to be done.
The candidates most people are talking about are Ngige, Obiano and perhaps Ifeanyi Uba.

I don't have 'beef' with them, and I don't want to. All I want to say are these:

1. I must not be a psychologist to know when somebody is being dishonest about something under the false impression of political maturity and charisma.

2. I may not be an expert in development, but

a) I don't think my state needs an airport. (we may need an airfield but not an airport)

b) I think we need our UN habitat city plans implemented because I don't like how Nnewi looks (like trash).

c) I think we deserve to have our containers landed at onitsha port.

d) I think we need our Agric sector up North in Omor booming with mechanization.

e) I think our citizens deserve up to 3 or 4 primary health centers in each village.

f) I think Onitsha needs a sharp sports complex to help the inhabitants ease stress after the week's hustle.

g) I think greater Onitsha water scheme needs to be resurrected.

h) I think Onitsha can become a hub of industrial and commercial activities and still maintain a solid environment conducive for human habitation.

i) I think Awka can be a very beautiful and socially stratified city.

j) I think Anambra students have very good intelligence quotient (IQ) that can make us the best in West Africa, if given the best education.

k) I think that we don't need private primary and secondary schools that doesn't have sports equipment and field.

l) I think we don't need a governor that will hide under the glory of what he or somebody else did in the past and not take us to the next level.

m) I think our tourist sites needs to be made known to the world.

n) I think our state government needs continuity and the next governor should not scrap the Integrated Development Strategy of the incumbent no matter how flawed it may have been perceived to be.

o) I think our youths needs to have something doing at every point in time like JOBS.

p) I think we can be whatever we want to be if we don't allow sentiments based on memories ruin our sense of judgement and our ability to make good choices.

q) I think our brothers from other states in ohaneze ndigbo needs to support us and stand with us as we make this important choice for the sake of posterity.

Ekene Kwaa m unu.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by gleaf: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
Beautiful piece!!! and most importantly we need leadership[ that will inspire the young generation, and leaders our youths and children can look up to as role models!! My worry is that most of these men that wants to RULE us are not role models..... VOTE FOR CREDIBILITY, VOTE FOR DECENCY, AND VOTE FOR INTEGRITY.

1 Like

Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by Slizbeat(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Very good analysis but that of the Airport I do not quite agree. It should be "We don't need any airport for now".

Again, no matter what, the most important thing we need is Continuity and I guess the way Ngige and most other aspirants are going about it is nothing to write home about. They will likely scrap off every other projects going on instead of transforming them.
Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
When arm chair critics and analysts do their analysis and compare Nigeria with countries like Singapore, I laugh at their stupidity. How can you compare apples with oranges? Those who do these comparisons conveniently forget that Singapore had stable political leadership for decades (1959 to 1990). Now compare that with Nigeria that has been changing leadership like wrapper within the same period?

With stable political leadership comes focus, continuity, direction, vision, proper execution of set plans/policies,etc. With political instability comes abandoned projects, policy flip flops, lack of or hasty planning, absence of long term vision, etc. Now you know why Nigeria is in a mess while Singapore has made tremendous progress.

Besides Singapore, other examples of the impact of political stability abound- Libya, Egypt, (before the Arab Spring),etc. Even countries that have not done so well despite stable political leadership,eg Cameroun, atleast have peace. But what can we boast of in Nigeria?

We need continuity and stable political leadership in Anambra state for now. Atleast after 16 years of APGA reign, we can try another political party.
Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When arm chair critics and analysts do their analysis and compare Nigeria with countries like Singapore, I laugh at their stupidity. How can you compare apples with oranges? Those who do these comparisons conveniently forget that Singapore had stable political leadership for decades (1959 to 1990). Now compare that with Nigeria that has been changing leadership like wrapper within the same period?

With stable political leadership comes focus, continuity, direction, vision, proper execution of set plans/policies,etc. With political instability comes abandoned projects, policy flip flops, lack of or hasty planning, absence of long term vision, etc. Now you know why Nigeria is in a mess while Singapore has made tremendous progress.

Besides Singapore, other examples of the impact of political stability abound- Libya, Egypt, (before the Arab Spring),etc. Even countries that have not done so well despite stable political leadership,eg Cameroun, atleast have peace. But what can we boast of in Nigeria?

We need continuity and stable political leadership in Anambra state for now. Atleast after 16 years of APGA reign, we can try another political party.
Absolute crap, what is needed is 16yrs of visionary leadership and followership not just 16yrs of anybody just for the sake of it. Compare north Korea and china.
Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by oneeast3: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
I agree with you on some of your points but the airport.

If there is anything Anambra needs most its the ongoing International Cargo/Passenger Airport. A mega state like Anambra cannot achieve its maximum status without the International airport.

Anambra has one of the biggest economic activities in West Africa and presently have an emerging Oil/Gas economy. Such state cannot do without an International Cargo airport and a Sea Port in Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Obiagelli:
Absolute crap, what is needed is 16yrs of visionary leadership and followership not just 16yrs of anybody just for the sake of it. Compare north Korea and china.
After comparing North Korea with China, dont forget to also compare North Korea with Nigeria.
Re: My Take On November 16, Anambra Gubernatorial Polls. by Slizbeat(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
After comparing North Korea with China, dont forget to also compare North Korea with Nigeria.

The truth be told, Only APGA can continue what it has started. In Nigeria, no opposition will continue the work the predecessor has left as they will want to implement their own policy and commission a new set of projects without completing the ones on ground all in the name of scoring a political point.

(1) (Reply)

My God Why Nigeria Is Poor: Contract Sum Jumps From N42b To N116b / PHOTO From M.I.C Boss Tunji Okusanya's Burial / Crowd Boos Zuma, Cheers Obama At Memorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.