Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,781 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Allergy And Asthma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Allergy And Asthma (942 Views)

Sickle Cell And Asthma Patient: Thank Your Creator / Anti Allergy Bedding To Give Relief From Dust Allergy! / Allergies And Asthma In Children - 7 Tips For Drug-free Allergy Relief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allergy And Asthma by ajoskele(m): 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
I have a close friend suffering from asthma attacks. He claims he contracted it from a friend of his during his secondary days...Right now,the attacks are getting too much and really affecting his life. I just want to ask what could be done as 'first aid' when under the attack. Also,what medical steps can he take to at least reduce the effect. He's in his mid-twenties!
Re: Allergy And Asthma by berryldilty(f): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
he should stay away from those things that trigger it, when he is having an attack, try massaging his chest region to minimize it. he should also take anti-histamine drugs. I wish him well
Re: Allergy And Asthma by Gboliwe: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
As a continuos and permanent cure, I heard taking quail eggs is it
Re: Allergy And Asthma by ajoskele(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Tank U both..he doesn't stay in a crowded or a closed room,he said fresh air helps him..Is dat true?and how does it?
Re: Allergy And Asthma by berryldilty(f): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
if he stays in a crowded room, the heat emanating blocks his respiratory organ the lungs making him unable to breath. things like cold air, dust, pollen grain, animal furs should be avoided. he should be conscious of the food he eats as this also can trigger a reaction or attack.
Re: Allergy And Asthma by ummitoagirl(f): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Asthma can not be contracted..... It can be inherited from parents etc though...
Also, he is an adult, at this stage he should have his asthma under control, Know what triggers it!.
When I was younger & in Nigeria, I constantly had attacks, but around age 15...It became very rare.

Always have your Inhalers!...

Ventolin evohaler/inhaler for instant treatment ie wheezing
& preventer: I use Beclazone..This is to prevent any future attack: should be taken daily (I hardly do)

Avoid stress (usually affects me) avoid oily food, avoid dust! pollen etc.

Yes, fresh air helps me...I wouldn't know how, but i guess away from stuffiness!
Re: Allergy And Asthma by ajoskele(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2013
Tank U all..am soo impressed with ur responses..av already given him all ur suggestions and am very sure he will make good use of them. Tanx once again
Re: Allergy And Asthma by ceysaga: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2013
Tell him to go to any big pharmacy and ask for SERETIDE diskcus 250mg. Inhaled once a day prevents asthma attacks..
Re: Allergy And Asthma by ajoskele(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
ceysaga: Tell him to go to any big pharmacy and ask for SERETIDE diskcus 250mg. Inhaled once a day prevents asthma attacks..
Thank U..I just called him now and gave him all d options here. Tank U soooo much,I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Two New Cases Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria / Quit Smoking; Recovery Timetable / 10 Intriguing Questions About Dreams You Always Forget To Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.