Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Is This Possible? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Possible? (1021 Views)

Photo: Is This Possible? / Photo : Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Possible? by toshmann(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
This is for the tribal warriors in this forum, you know yourselves grin

How come in soccer, a Hausa man (actually they are kids) passes the ball to an Igbo man (kid) who gives the boy to a Yoruba man (kid) who scores a goal and the whole team rejoices and all fans rejoice as well. Yet after the game we are at daggers drawn. I got this from the Internet from some dude:

read smiley

[b]When a Nigerian National team scores a goal......Nigerians of all ethnicity and religion will jump up in jubilation and be screaming one word, one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!". That moment, we forget our ethnic & tribalistic sentiments whether it
was scored by a Hausa, an Igbo or a Yoruba man. We love the feelings, we cherish the moments, we adore the players and we sing with one voice....."Up Super Eagles, Up Flying Eagles, Up Golden Eaglets and Up Green Eagles". When we talk about those
games....we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice. We always wish Nigeria the best and support Nigeria with our great man power to go all out for the "Glory", for the interest of "One Nigeria". Nigeria can work, Nigeria can be a better place, Nigeria can move forward if the Hausa man can support the Yoruba man in government, if the Yoruba man can shun every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the Igbos government provided they are right. Look at the Golden Eaglets...the Hausa man [YAHAYA] passed the ball to the Igbo man [IHEANACHO] & the Igbo man tries and dribbles his way out of the huddles just to set up the Yoruba man [AWONIYI] to score the goal. That one goal that was fought for by the collective responsibility, hard work and contributions of all the ethnic Nationality for one common goal [interest] that will
benefit, elevate and sky rocket this One Nation to a greater high and achievement (s). We should learn from this... we are one Nigeria, and that one greater Nigeria will only
be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias. UP GOLDEN EAGLETS, UP UP UP NIGERIA against Mexico, victory is ours!!![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Is This Possible? by H0lYSm00shTM: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
It's about the Unity is a key to progress.. Lets drop our ethniv and religious feathers.. Then Victory is sure.. Nice One Poster.

1 Like

Re: Is This Possible? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice 1 op
Thou I am guilty but in real life I am not a tribalist!heaven will bear me witness and I reply only wen I'm pissed by the yoruba posters thou few of them namely : italiano aka Dayokanu, bluetooth,texas cowgrl(uncountable monikers)babeonline(with over 2 monikers),st black,odua boy,youngtekky,tribaleast and others!!

....and each time I reply,I wish I didn't but knowin that this forum is popular and well visited around the globe makes me want to defend my tribe but somtyms I sincerely wish I didn't and shud have allowed them cuz its becoming too childish!
It will be stu pid of me to say every Igbo man is good and so it is for any1 who claims his tribe is all perfect. Evil knows no boundary and I am not proud of my pple commiting crimes and sincerely wish it stops especially the drug pushing ish.....

Seun and his mods too are also very partial,if an Igbo man commits any crime,it hits front page even without meeting the requirements or the yoruba offenders name is being withheld!eg there was a day a thread in which an Igbo man was involved in ritual hit front page even without up to five post and same day a Yoruba boy killed his mum in london!even with 7 posts immediately it was posted,it never made front page and the yoruba tribalists ignore such threads or make meaningful comments without being tribalistic and the next thing they say Is everyone hate Igbos lol!
...and when this politicians commit crimes rather than criticize them with one voice and as good citizens,we add sentiments to it as if we are their thugs! Mind you I am not in support of what stella odua did nor any corrupt politician irrespective of tribe.

I swear,I know nothing abt politics in the west,don't think I know the names of their governors except fashola but the yoruba tribalists know so much abt the east and if a thread appears on an eastern state(especially Anambra) and a western state,they ignore the thread abt the west and flood the eastern thread! B4 I was angry but now I know its obsession!!

Anyways its all childish and meaningless and I'll do my best to remain focused in the Education and Religious section(but wudnt take shit from any1 who insults my catholic faith) where I can learn and also give meaningful contributions!
My yoruba frnds,the floor is all urs,if it will make u a better person being bitter towards the Igbos pls kp it up!

PEACE!
Re: Is This Possible? by ITbomb(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Because passing the ball and cheering the teams doesn't involved sharing oil money
Re: Is This Possible? by emeka94(m): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Op God bless
Nigeria will survive as one. CoMe 2015 I will vote for the person who is best for the job not minding ethnic sentimentality
Am igbo and I honestly think odua should resign no matter the excuse she gives for purchasing those cars at such a ludicrous amount.
Please NLaders let's eschew tribal sentiment even though its tempting.

Like me joor

2 Likes

Re: Is This Possible? by Leboska(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
I guess cos some people are benefiting 4rm it. All the same thumb up ops.
Re: Is This Possible? by Danhumprey: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Because football has so far been the only thing that unite us as a people. When you look at the composition of the team,atleast the major ethnic groups are represented,though to a large extent,selection for a place in the team is based on merit,and that's what some tribes find it difficult to accept.

All in all,football UNITE us more than anything.
Re: Is This Possible? by omenka(m): 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Wait until someone comes here to call the writer a Yoruba bigot asking why a Yoruba man has to be the one to score the goal in his illustration, then you'd know the kind of deep shit we are in in this country!

Blame it on the politicians. It's the only survival trick in their manual.
Re: Is This Possible? by ifyalways(f): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Na Toshmann be dis?
Ara agbala mad men. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Possible? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
Well, I noticed that this U-17 team is the most 'One Nigeria' ever. Almost all the major ethnic groups and regions are fully represented in the first eleven - Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, and the key minority ethnicities.

The team is a fascinating example of ethnic diversity. The astonishing thing is that in spite of this diversity (or in fact because of it), the team is the most cohesive and efficient we've had in recent history. What does this indicate? It indicates that there is immense strength and advantage in our diversity, if only we could learn to eschew needless bickering and bigotry, and leverage our collective resources to work together in pursuit of common national goals. However, I admit that this is easier said than done, considering our antecedents.
Re: Is This Possible? by toshmann(m): 11:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
peppy luv: Nice 1 op
Thou I am guilty but in real life I am not a tribalist!heaven will bear me witness and I reply only wen I'm pissed by the yoruba posters thou few of them namely : italiano aka Dayokanu, bluetooth,texas cowgrl(uncountable monikers)babeonline(with over 2 monikers),st black,odua boy,youngtekky,tribaleast and others!!

....and each time I reply,I wish I didn't but knowin that this forum is popular and well visited around the globe makes me want to defend my tribe but somtyms I sincerely wish I didn't and shud have allowed them cuz its becoming too childish!
It will be stu pid of me to say every Igbo man is good and so it is for any1 who claims his tribe is all perfect. Evil knows no boundary and I am not proud of my pple commiting crimes and sincerely wish it stops especially the drug pushing ish.....

Seun and his mods too are also very partial,if an Igbo man commits any crime,it hits front page even without meeting the requirements or the yoruba offenders name is being withheld!eg there was a day a thread in which an Igbo man was involved in ritual hit front page even without up to five post and same day a Yoruba boy killed his mum in london!even with 7 posts immediately it was posted,it never made front page and the yoruba tribalists ignore such threads or make meaningful comments without being tribalistic and the next thing they say Is everyone hate Igbos lol!
...and when this politicians commit crimes rather than criticize them with one voice and as good citizens,we add sentiments to it as if we are their thugs! Mind you I am not in support of what stella odua did nor any corrupt politician irrespective of tribe.

I swear,I know nothing abt politics in the west,don't think I know the names of their governors except fashola but the yoruba tribalists know so much abt the east and if a thread appears on an eastern state(especially Anambra) and a western state,they ignore the thread abt the west and flood the eastern thread! B4 I was angry but now I know its obsession!!

Anyways its all childish and meaningless and I'll do my best to remain focused in the Education and Religious section(but wudnt take shit from any1 who insults my catholic faith) where I can learn and also give meaningful contributions!
My yoruba frnds,the floor is all urs,if it will make u a better person being bitter towards the Igbos pls kp it up!

PEACE!

I feel you,BUT you know, sometimes there's strength in restraint. You come online and fight with someone you don't know, have never met, may never meet, have never seen. What d'you gain? You go to bed angry, then you wake up and start hating people from another tribe. Perhaps if there's a Yoruba gentleman in your office the next day, you pick quarrels with him unnecessarily. Even when he may be a nice person. Who looses? YOU. Think about it, you've lost your inner peace and you hate someone you've never seen and can't hurt, then you vent your spleen on someone who did you no wrong.

Did you know that the reason those threads reach 50-200pages is bc people respond to them. If all reasonable people shun those threads they won't pass 3 pages.

My advice is that if you see those pages. . . "jump am pass" . embarassed

A Yoruba guy once helped me with a job in Ohio, then I come to nairaland and see the infighting btw igbos and Yorubas, guess what I do? . . . I go to my fridge, get a can of beer, drink, and laugh. When Nigeria won the african cup he was the one who called me to watch the he in his house we had beer together and some grilled meat and when I came to nairaland I saw the tribal threads again and I laughed and went to bed.

Ignore those threads. I do. It works. Judge people by what they do and not their tribe. Don't always respond to those threads. Jesus didnt respond to those who call him names. Socrates didnt respond, Martin Luther king didn't respond, mandela didn't and Obama isn't responding t those calling him names.

There's strength in restraint. I love igbos I love my ethnic group. I DO NOT hate Yorubas or Hausas. I love being black. I don't hate white people. ( racism is worse than tribalism, tribalist think your tribe is inferior, racism thinks blacks are less than human) but I still don't hate whites, I just love my skin. cool
Always keep good company. Regardless of ethnicity. Find good people and be with them.

Cheerio smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This Possible? by toshmann(m): 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
omenka: Wait until someone comes here to call the writer a Yoruba bigot asking why a Yoruba man has to be the one to score the goal in his illustration, then you'd know the kind of deep shit we are in in this country!

Blame it on the politicians. It's the only survival trick in their manual.

Haven't the politicians used this trick on us for 50yrs? When shall we learn?

D'you know that the reason we don't yet have a revolution in Nigeria today is bc of tribalism. The corruption in Nigeria today makes Abacha a handsome saint. Yet people can't revolt bc some will say it's our son's turn why should we revolt now.

Who looses?
Re: Is This Possible? by toshmann(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
ifyalways: Na Toshmann be dis?
Ara agbala mad men. cheesy

Yes it's me cool
Re: Is This Possible? by Brimmie(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lol.. Duhhh

(1) (Reply)

IF YOU ARE TO RULE NIGERIA FOR 10YRS UNDER MILLITARY GIVE 5 THINGS YOU WILL DO / Fashola Commissions Ajibola Omojola Housing Estate. Pics / What Is The Difference Between Dr. Adadevoh And Dr. Brantly, Two Ebola Patients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.