Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! (1449 Views)

How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? / How Do I Deal With My Anger Issues / Bully Punished With Bad Clothing: Cruel Or Just? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by Boll2010: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
If you've got anger issues,bad tempers please share your views in helping each other,

* how do you control your anger,bad temper.

*what makes you angry,

*what type of thing brings out that anger in you,

*do you get violent with yours,

*for how long do you get angry with people,

*do you care the type of person you angry with at the moment,I mean whether important,close,person to you.

As for me,I get mad easily,I mean very fast,I don't nag at all,I don't show violence tendencies,if you get me angry,rather beating you up will just keep it so when your cup is filled I would be so crazy, when anger takes over me,is like a beast invade my soul,I would be so stoned hearted,very strong,I don't mind who I'm showing it to,when I'm angry it takes jst 20mins,but 20mins of hard rage,what really brings out the anger in me more is a "NAGGING WOMAN", I can't show my violence to someone but I tell you the very next object around me suffers it,I don't mind hitting my fist to the wall to cool off my mind but I don't hit people because have learnt how to control that department,I also have TRUST ISSUES,kindly share yours, thank you as you reply.

Lord father give me a strong lady,that can understand me,that won't provoke me,nor nag,cause have always dreamt of a happy home#SomeonePeaceful.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by ifyboi(m): 12:08am On Nov 11, 2013
Broda, i think u should focus more on controlling d temper dan on getting a peaceful woman. Truth is, outside d family der are so many other things that could get u angry.

I had this anger issue. I prayed to God for help. Then i tried stretching my emotions... i allowed some people cheat me nd stuff like that.i did these to help increase my elastic limit.
Again tell those around u to be helpful. Let them know u hav anger issue so dey will know what to say nd what not to say around u.

I did this sometime ago nd it helped me...wen someone makes u angry, before u do anything, try and count from one to ten slowly...after counting, u will notice u are a lil bit relaxed. Den try and think.
FINALLY, PUT ON A JOYFUL HEART ALWAYS;TAKE LIFE EASY...TREASURE THOSE AROUND YOU..

For d trust issue, i need help too cry
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by Boll2010: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2013
ifyboi: Broda, i think u should focus more on controlling d temper dan on getting a peaceful woman. Truth is, outside d family der are so many other things that could get u angry.

I had this anger issue. I prayed to God for help. Then i tried stretching my emotions... i allowed some people cheat me nd stuff like that.i did these to help increase my elastic limit.
Again tell those around u to be helpful. Let them know u hav anger issue so dey will know what to say nd what not to say around u.

I did this sometime ago nd it helped me...wen someone makes u angry, before u do anything, try and count from one to ten slowly...after counting, u will notice u are a lil bit relaxed. Den try and think.
FINALLY, PUT ON A JOYFUL HEART ALWAYS;TAKE LIFE EASY...TREASURE THOSE AROUND YOU..

thank you sir......I try as hard as possible to control it.....my method is,I move away from such areas......but have told some people about my anger issues but immediately they know,they won't stop with their use of words,continue as long as possible till they see me reacting little by little.......for the 1-10 counting,I think I will try this method out, thank you so much.

The TRUST ISSUES mehn its a bigger problem,I think anger issue comes with trust issues?
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by ameenahz(f): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2013
I have a terrible temper too. Although i dont get violent, i scream and shout and shake so bad that you'll wonder if i'm going mad. My siblings all run from me whenever i get angry because shouting 'with' me will only make it worse. Lol. Sometimes i look at my husband and pity him. It has not been easy coping with me and i know. But growing up and having my own family has taught me a lesson: patience will not be in an issue without making it better. So the things i do whenever i am angry:

-If i am standing, i sit. If i am sitting, i lie down.
-A short silent prayer works sometimes. I have always involved God anyways.
-I try as much as possible to relax. Closing my eyes and breathing deeply help.
-I leave or i ask the person involved to leave. If my 'subject' is not within vicinity, it makes it better cos i calm down easily too and by the time we get back together, we'll be able to reason like adults.
-If the 'subject' isnt there, i quickly look for an excuse for him or her e.g maybe Hubby thought i got the diapers, maybe the lady thought it was not important to tell me etx
-I 'distract' myself with other things (looking at the pattern of the person's clothes, at the pattern on the rug etc)especially if i caused the show in the first place or if the other person is older or my boss.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by ameenahz(f): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2013
ifyboi: Broda, i think u should focus more on controlling d temper dan on getting a peaceful woman. Truth is, outside d family der are so many other things that could get u angry.

Nice tips, will try them too.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by Boll2010: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
ameenahz: I have a terrible temper too. Although i dont get violent, i scream and shout and shake so bad that you'll wonder if i'm going mad. My siblings all run from me whenever i get angry because shouting 'with' me will only make it worse. Lol. Sometimes i look at my husband and pity him. It has not been easy coping with me and i know. But growing up and having my own family has taught me a lesson: patience will not be in an issue without making it better. So the things i do whenever i am angry:

-If i am standing, i sit. If i am sitting, i lie down.
-A short silent prayer works sometimes. I have always involved God anyways.
-I try as much as possible to relax. Closing my eyes and breathing deeply help.
-I leave or i ask the person involved to leave. If my 'subject' is not within vicinity, it makes it better cos i calm down easily too and by the time we get back together, we'll be able to reason like adults.
-If the 'subject' isnt there, i quickly look for an excuse for him or her e.g maybe Hubby thought i got the diapers, maybe the lady thought it was not important to tell me etx
-I 'distract' myself with other things (looking at the pattern of the person's clothes, at the pattern on the rug etc)especially if i caused the show in the first place or if the other person is older or my boss.

nice control measures......I would try them out....u know people can't really understand what you go thru.....they just feel you a bad person!
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by Boll2010: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by tpia5: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Great thread.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by tpia5: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
ifyboi: Broda, i think u should focus more on controlling d temper dan on getting a peaceful woman

Both are important though.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by tpia5: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
ameenahz:

Nice tips, will try them too.

Very informative thread.
Re: Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! by obyrich(m): 12:14am On Dec 24, 2013
tpia@:

Very informative thread.

(1) (Reply)

Some 'queer' Members Of My Family / Please Assist With Your Honest Experience!!! / My Wife Slap Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.