Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? (1281 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses / The Usefulness Of Psalm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2013
Is the book of psalm part of book of moses? If yes, why do other books of moses, especially sixth and seventh book,not used by christains like the bible. If no,what exactly is the connection/contrast between the bible and the book of moses. More explanations on how and how not to use the book of moses will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2013
Its not part of the books of moses
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 11:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Please clarify! Because the ten commandment is part of bible received by moses from God and the book of moses is also purported to have been received from God on mountain Sanai
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by macof(m): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Psalms was not even written by one person, David, Solomon and many others contributed to the book of psalms in the Bible.

However Moses is not one of them.

The deal of Christians bidin to the law of Moses is saddening, it is pure mental slavery, and self neglect.

These laws in the book of Moses is for the Israelis so if you are African u have nothing to do with the law.

Even if u serve the God of Israel (through Jesus) over the God of your own land, it still doesn't bind u to mosaic law, u have no covenant with Yahweh.

And the Israelis don't even believe in Jesus, so wats ur stress with their law?

Hold the law of ur land which the Gods of ur ancestors have blessed
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
okay... First and foremost, " The sixth and seventh books of moses " are actually not works of moses.. They are attributed to d.h. Lawrence and copies began to appear in the 18th century! Its actually a ' grimoire' or book of sorcery. Then, the books of moses refers to the pentateuch or torah( also named tawrat by islam). This consists of the ' first five ' books of the old testament only.. Containing religious tradition given to moses by God at sinai and the tabernacle.. The ten commandments were initially written on stones, But got destroyed in moses fit of anger. Modern torah contains these commandments. The books of moses should not be confused with " The book of moses".this is another different text with additions used by the mormons.. The issue of psalms doesn't really come in... ( more on that shortly... )
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
Yes! According to some scholars online, they said the book of moses was handed over to caleb,so on until it gets to David then to solomon and the priests. That's some of the psalm wordings was drawn from the book of moses. Secondly, how can you say its an occultic book with some occultic inspiration when it contains some real name of God! Like ELohe,EL shaddai,Sabaoath! Remember wat Jesus said, who that is not against us is for us
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
I dont think you would find sacred names of God in the 6th and 7th.. Most importantly, you would never find the name 'Jesus' inside.. The torah was passed down among The israelites, there were many instances in the old and new testament Where the torah was read.. If the psalmsist cited the torah, that doesn't transfer authorship to moses.. The torah was a reference book or guide
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ rexbuton, I never said Jesus name was there but for other names like Alpha and Omega,Elshadai and likes, please find out yourself if you have access to the book
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Very possible my friend... I've seen the book, But I wouldn't dare read it.. On the issue of . God's name being in the book, that is a mystery I cant explain.. But I Can safely say that the book is not healthy.. All you need to survive are compressed into that name Jesus. You've heard about the jewish kabbalists, they use the torah and other sacred texts to perform enchantments, and it works for them! God knows why
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Kabalist using torah and its working for them? Oh I need an explanation please. Recently the Pope ask the inculcate into the church those old traditions/cultures that are percived to be good ones! And the church are doing that. So does it we were deceived by early christain to do away with our gods?
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Kabalist using torah and its working for them? Oh I need an explanation please. Recently the Pope ask the to inculcate into the church those old traditions/cultures that are perceived to be good ones! And the church are doing that. So does it mean that we were deceived by early christains to do away with our gods?
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
the kabbalah is not a religion... It is an esoteric body that tries to explain the relationship between the unknown, mysterious, eternal and the finite universe Which involves us and things around us . They tried to bring out claimed hidden meanings from jewish texts, and They emerged in the 12th to 13th century, Which is Very recent. Personally, I dont see the pope or any Person as an authority in christianity.. All I need is in the word and jesus, who is actually the word... As I stated earlier there Are mysteries, and the bible states that these would be explained at the end
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by rexbuton: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
the kabbalah teaches doctrines that Are accepted by some jews and rejected by others! The kabbalah teachings were hidden by jewish religious authorities during The conquests for fear that It May get into wrong hands, and so that jews in diaspora would not do The forbidden things since there was no supervision by The masters..as a result, The kabbalah became secretive, esoteric and forbidden for 2and a half millenia
Re: Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses? by oluakadinma: 9:03am On Nov 12, 2013
Please can you tell me about the kaballa and torah people. It seems yu know sumthin I don't know

(1) (Reply)

Awkward Moments In Church!!! / The Attack On Nairaland Was Spiritual / Some Pastors Teaches That self-service Is Not A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.