Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Stories from my blog - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Stories from my blog (604 Views)

Drive Targeted Traffic To My Blog / Am Looking For A Contributing Writer On My Blog / Crystal Words (uk) Require Short Stories From Nigerian Authors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Baby On a Mission

Nicholas lay facing up as he giggled happily at his father's funny faces. He had finished swallowing the custard food his father fed him and was relaxing peacefully in his cot when his father, Bar. Andrew Ajeja, came in to play with him.

Nicholas missed his mother but even as little as he was, he knew that he was lucky to have a father who cared so much for him.

"Okay kiddo" Said his father as he turned and went about arranging his documents into his suit case. "I seriously need to get to the office okay. I can't bring you along so, I have made arrangements for someone special to look after you while I'm away. She is nice so, I'm sure you will love h..."

The door bell rang that moment, cutting him short.

"Okay, that must be her." He said.

He left Nicholas' room and went to answer the door. He returned a few minutes later with a fair complexioned lady, obviously in her late twenties. She looked so much like a model cut from a magazine. She was slim, tall and wore her hair long over a red knee level gown that hugged her body.

"Kiddo, meet Erica. She is the one I was just telling you about. She will take special care of you while I am away but please, you have to be good to her. No pranks okay?"

"Errrrr, hrrrr." That was all that came out of Nicholas' lips. He knew he had not gotten to the stage where he would talk and so there was just no need forcing it. His father took his "baby blabing" as a "Yes daddy, I will be a good boy" talk and gave him a thank you peck on his cheeks. But truly, Nicholas was making it very plain that he cannot promise not to be mischievous. At that moment, he was thankful that his father didn't understand what he was saying. Maybe he would have gotten a spank or a frown in place of the peck.

"Wow! What a wonderful world we babies live in." He thought to himself. "You say what you like and still get a peck for it.

He was still wondering about how wonderful his world was when he noticed his father kissing his female friend on her lips as a way of making out and at the same time saying thank you for coming. Nicholas didn't like the sight before him. This was becoming a regular habit and he didn't like it one bit. If he was not mistaken, this was the 10th woman his father had brought home to look after him and he kissed everyone of them just as he was joyfully kissing this one.

"What do grown ups enjoy in licking each other's saliver?" He thought to himself.

"You definitely can't understand that yet. Its complicated."

Nicholas smiled at the sound of the voice. He knew that voice even in his sleep. He was already getting excited in his court as he turned to the open window. There, his angel friend, Emil, stood with folded arms and a sincere smile. He stood a full 6ft tall. His robe was white but he had no wings. His skin sparked with life. It was not the normal type of earthly skin, this was more glorious. Although he was dark skinned, his entire hair was white.

Angel Emil was Nicholas' Guardian Angel. He had a mission to fulfil with Nicholas and so he made it a point of duty to always be around, especially if Nicholas was going to be home alone with one of his father's numerous girl friends. Emil wanted to make sure no harm ever came to Nicholas.

Since he was a baby and yet to speak, Nicholas and his angel friend communicated through thoughts. But sometimes, Emil spoke out and no matter how loud he spoke, no one else heard him, except he wanted the people around to.

"Glad you are here" Nicholas greeted him with a smile. "If my father knew I already have a baby sitter, he wouldn't bother with these terrible women."

"No he wouldn't" Emil replied. "But talking about women, what are you going to do to stop the inappropriate touching?" Emil asked still smiling.

Nicholas followed Emil's eyes to where his father and Erica where standing, happily kissing away and almost tearing at each other all in the name of passion. Nicholas was highly disgusted. Without a moment's delay, Nicholas burst into serious tear as he peed on himself. Andrew and Erica quickly put aside their escapades and went to attend to him. Even with that, he only increased his cry.

Angel Emil watched the drama before him in amusement. It was not the first time Nicholas was using his cry and pee trick to pull his father away from the arms of "these terrible women" as he named them.

Andrew carried Nicholas and started to patt him. Erica made an attempt to take Nicholas from him but Andrew refused because he knew that his son's cry will definitely increase.

“Andrew” She complained. “Since I am going to babysit him for the next eight hours, you have to let him start getting used to me.”

“I know darling, it’s just that...”

“It’s nothing Andrew, I am here, so let me do what I came here to do.”

Andrew saw reasons with her and so he let her carry Nicholas. In protest, Nicholas’ cries increased, his father wanted to take him back but Erica refused.

“He will get used to me dear” She assured him. “You have to be on your way now or you will be late for your meeting.”

“Okay baby.” Andrew agreed as he pecked her cheeks. “Thanks a lot, you are a life saver.”

Before he left the house, Andrew showed Erica where Nicholas’ food was as well as his clothes and diaper, in case she needed to change him into something clean whenever he passed out faeces.

After all was done, bar. Andrew picked up his suit jacket and briefcase, pecked both Erica and Nicholas on their cheeks before going out the door.

Now left alone with his baby sitter, Nicholas began to mentally map out what pranks he could play on her. As long as he was concerned, this was the first and last time he ever wanted to see her with his father. The other women who had come in the past left and promised never to come back again. He wanted same for Erica and so he had to really plan. Nicholas knew he needed to think and crying wasn’t going to help out so he stopped crying.

“Now that’s my baby.” Erica said when he stopped crying. “Now that you are willing to get used to me, let me change your soaked diaper and after that, we will get to know each other properly.”

She took him back to his play room where Emil was waiting. He was surprised to see that Nicholas was quiet.

“What?’ He asked with raised brows. “You tired of crying?”

“No” Nicholas replied. “I need to think and frankly, I need your help in this issue.”

Erica was completely unaware of Emil's presence, neither was she aware of the communication between him and Nicholas. She carefully placed him on the table and began to change his soaked diaper.

"This is so unfair" Nicholas said as erica pulled his diaper.

"What is?" Emil asked.

"Must every woman see my unclothedness? All in the name of baby sitting."

"Yes." Emil replied with a grin. "After all, you are still a baby."

"Well, whatever but, I want her gone for good" Nicholas insisted.

“She is a nice lady Nick, why not for once be nice too?”

“That’s not possible Emil.”

“Why?”

“Oh come on. You are the Angel, you are the one who told me I have to make sure none of these women sit well with my father and that I must keep the road clear for my mother from my other life. Now how would I do that if I’m nice? This one seems nice, yes, but she is not my former mother.”

“Okay, I get your point” Emil said in defeat. “So have you come up with a plan yet?”

“I’m still working on it. Eight hours is a long time you know?”

“Yes I know.”

Click the link to read the rest.
http://www.karosstoryblog..com/2013/11/baby-on-mission-by-karo-oforofuo.html?m=1
Re: Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
A Sister's Love

Freda Osari did everything possible to comfort Angel and put her back to sleep but all her efforts were futile. Angel cried even more as Freda danced around the room with her. When she got tired, she sat on the rock chair close to Angel's court and began to rock her to and fro.

Freda was a nice plump lady in her early thirties, she was about 5ft plus and light in complexion. She had a provision store and although it was a small one, she had lots of customers and so she was constantly on her feet. The day was indeed a hectic one for her but she was sad when her 11 months old husband, Edward Osari, did not come home that night. He usually slept in hotels with his concubines. Freda knew that her marriage had long gone sour and she did not know what to do to fix it. Everyday became a living hell for her. She thought about her husband briefly. They had indeed shared happy moments in the past but now, happy was part of their marriage history. Normally, when Edward didn't come home at night, Freda would cry but since she was already used to it, she took advantage of his absence to rest. At least she won't be bothering about his dinner, mid-night tea or whatever else he might need.

Unfortunately for Freda, she hadn't slept for more than an hour when she heard Angel crying in the baby court. The little child was always crying these days and it worried Freda.

Angel was her younger sister's baby. As Freda looked at the little girl, her thoughts went to her sister, Joan, who was presently lying on a hospital bed.

When Joan got pregnant, she happily made the announcement and they all celebrated it because it was long over due. Joan and her husband, Jeff Edeh, had been married for almost four years without an issue. They prayed day and night for a child and finally, she conceived.

Throughout the nine months pregnancy period, Joan was strong and everyone was sure that she would have a safe delivery. Well, talking about delivery, it was with shock Freda received the news of her sister's condition. During delivery, there were complications, Joan lost so much blood and finally went into a comma. To worsen issues, Joan's husband, Jeff, had a ghastly car accident on the way as he was rushing to meet his wife at the hospital. The accident cost him his left leg. Although he was still receiving treatment at the hospital, the doctors said he would never walk with that leg again.

Freda was thrown into confusion. What will she do? And how will she do it? Even paying the hospital bills was going to be a problem because she didn't have the kind of money the doctors were asking for.

One day when she went to see Jeff at the hospital, she discussed the money situation with him. In turn, Jeff told her where to get his land documents, he knew he could trust her because she had proven herself time and again to be a trust worthy person. He wasn't scared of his decision, even for once. He was very sure that nothing will go wrong.

"Sell my land" he said. "Use part of the money for the hospital bills and my baby's up keep. You can use some for yourself and then keep the rest for me."

Freda quickly got the documents and an estate agent who helped her sell the land. After the sales, she was very happy that all was well again but, her happiness was short lived.

Freda's husband, Edward Osari, was a struggling entrepreneur who cared less about his wife. His thoughts were mostly about himself and his business. At first when Joan's issue came up, he complained about Freda volunteering to take care of Angel. He had his own problems to take care of and as long as he was concerned, taking care of Angel was only going to result in more expenses and he didn't want that.

"This is my sister's child" Freda argued with him. "You want me to give her away just because of expenses? Do you even have a heart?"

"Look woman! If I didn't have a heart I wouldn't even have married you, okay. So get that child to the village, your mother can look after her."

"My mother? You mean the old blind woman in the village, who is sick at this moment right? How can you even think like that?"

"How I think is none of your business. Getting that child away from here should be." With that, he stormed out of the house. He didn't even touch his breakfast.

Situations went on that way, he stopped giving his wife money, even for food and for the upkeep of the home. There was also constant fights and arguments because of Angel. Angel seemed to know what was going on because she cried whenever they were at each other's throat.

However, things changed when Jeff asked Freda to sell his land. Edward was surprised to see Angel being well taken care of, his wife didn't ask him for money again and he came across the payment receipts from the hospital. He knew that his wife's provision store could not give her such amount of money. At first he suspected her of sleeping with rich men for money but, knowing the kind of woman he married, he quickly shook the thought out of his head. He decided that the best way to find out was to ask.

"Where did you get all that money from?" He asked one morning while getting set for work.

"I thought you didn't care" She replied him coldly.

"My wife is obviously in possession of huge sums of money and I have a right to know where it's from." Click the link to read the rest.
http://www.karosstoryblog..com/2013/11/a-sisters-love_4.html?spref=fb&m=1
Re: Stories from my blog by henryvirus(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Fabulous writing.....loved dem...especially Baby on a Mission. Cant wait to know what kinda lesson she wants 2 teach Nicholas..lol. Kipitup.

1 Like

Re: Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
henryvirus: Fabulous writing.....loved dem...especially Baby on a Mission. Cant wait to know what kinda lesson she wants 2 teach Nicholas..lol. Kipitup.
Re: Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
henryvirus: Fabulous writing.....loved dem...especially Baby on a Mission. Cant wait to know what kinda lesson she wants 2 teach Nicholas..lol. Kipitup.
Thank you Henry, I'm working on the update. Will keep you posted.
Re: Stories from my blog by ekaromail: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Baby on a mission has been updated on my blog. Happy reading. Will appreciate if you leave a comment. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Contract On Any Form Of Write-up. / Online Publishing/submissions/editing In Nigeria / ABOVEL ALL(POEM) Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.