Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nigeria And Ugly News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Ugly News (630 Views)

The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Uduaghan: Pictures Of Ongoing Project In Delta State / Beautiful States With Hungry And Ugly People / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Ugly News by gratieao: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2013
Being young is hard
enough but having to
live through pain and
torment while growing
up is grueling. A
UNICEF reports shows
that estimates of eight
million Nigerian
children are involve in
hazardous and
exploitative work. It’s
frightening to know
that every ten seconds
child is abused. In
Nigeria today child
abuse kills more than
accident in the homes
do.
Bellow are some cases of child and adult molestation. It is becoming too much this days
Man rapes, kills 10-yr-old cousin
BY GBENGA OLARINOYE
OSOGBO — A 26-year-old man, Rafiu Idowu, is being detained by the Osun State Police Command for allegedly killing his 10-year-old cousin, Tawa Bilawu, after he allegedly raped her.
Idowu who confessed to have committed the offence, said the victim lured him into raping her when she paid a visit to him at his family residence at Ile-Ogbo in Ayedire Local Government Area of the state.
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, for the state Police Command, Mrs Folashade Odoro, said the suspect, who is currently in Police custody, was arrested by a team of detectives from the State Criminal Investigations Department, SCID, led by the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Jimoh.
According to the PPRO, the suspect who recently returned to the state from Lagos also smokes indian hemp.
The police claimed the suspect admitted that the deceased was his relative who pays him regular visit at his residence, adding that the late Bilawu was known to every member of his family.
The suspect said: “Tawa Bilawu met me at the passage of my house when she came to visit me on that fateful day. I asked her where she was going and she said somebody sent her somewhere but she decided to check on me.
“Bilawu later dragged me into my room where she removed my trousers and both of us went on bed. Then, Bilawu put my penis into her private part and started shouting.  I then asked her the reason for the alarm.
“The alarm raised by Bilawu was after two minutes of sexual intercourse between us. When she started shouting, I got hold of her neck and nose and pressed them till she died.”
He admitted that the late Bilawu never had intercourse with him prior to the one that led to her death.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mrs Dorothy Gimba, has however directed that the case be investigated and the suspect arraigned.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/man-rapes-kills-10-yr-old-cousin/
Woman, 46, allegedly raped, killed
BY GBENGA ARIYIBI
ADO EKITI – A  46-year old woman, Mrs. Eunice Titilayo Ogundele, was allegedly raped then murdered at Igede Ekiti, weekend, by yet to be identified persons.
According to the  husband of the deceased, Mr.Michael Ogundele, his wife left home in the early hours of Friday  for a church service at her  pastor’s residence.
He said she was allegedly hit with a pestle on the head by her assailants on the way.
Ogundele in tears said:  “Yesterday (Thursday) which was a market day, she went to the market and returned home to rest.
“This morning (Friday), we went our different ways after I opened the door a little after five o’clock. She left  for an early morning church  service at her pastor’s residence.
“We went our separate ways at Igede-Ado road. I did not know I was seeing her for the last time. Few minutes to six they called me to come to somewhere in the town. I went and met my wife dead with two deep wounds on her head.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Victor Olu Babayemi, who confirmed the incident said a suspect has been arrested and is making confessions.
Babayemi said: “I can confirm that someone is now in custody in respect of the rape and murder of a woman at Igede Ekiti and is making useful confessions.
“We are trying to see if other arrests could be made in the course of the investigation which is ongoing.”
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by gratieao: 7:43am On Nov 11, 2013
Nigeria needs spiritual cleansing. This is not a case of west, south, east nor north but the whole of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by ChristyG(f): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2013
gratieao: Nigeria need spiritual cleansing. This is not a case of west, south, east nor north but the whole of Nigeria
but u only brought out cases in west,if it is about nigeria,show us those in the north,east,south unless ur purpose for this thread is different.
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by omiobo: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2013
grin
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by gratieao: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2013
Christy G: but u only brought out cases in west,if it is about nigeria,show us those in the north,east,south unless ur purpose for this thread is different.
The two case i brought on are on vanguard headline today. That's why i used them as reference point.
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by RINE1: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2013
This space is not for sell.
..... Caveat emptor.
To all those who in one way or the other have been victims of political injustice( from the east, west, north or south) here on nairaland!.
Re: Nigeria And Ugly News by gratieao: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Is Apc Not Fulfilling The Mandate Of Gen. Sani Agacha Of Islamitizing Nigeria? / Buhari Not Viable For 2015 Presidency Having Lost Thrice –zwingina / Free-for-all-fight Erupts As Akpabio’s Town Hall Meeting Ends In Fiasco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.