Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Crown Prince Hails Edo Govt Over 5 Junction Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crown Prince Hails Edo Govt Over 5 Junction Project (458 Views)

APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military / Protesting Workers Shut Edo Govt House Over Unpaid Salaries / Okada Riders Sue Edo Govt Over Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crown Prince Hails Edo Govt Over 5 Junction Project by donfidelio(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2013
Crown Prince hails Edo govt over 5-Junction project

The Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Eheneden Erediauwa, Edaiken N’Uselu has praised the Edo State Government for reconstructing the 5-Junction area of Benin City, urging the Federal Government to join hands with the state Government to bring development closer to the people.
Speaking weekend at the commissioning of the reconstructed 5-Junction area with massive underground storm water structure and street lights, a project which the state government embarked on as part of rebuilding the state capital, the crown Prince heaped praises on Governor Adams Oshiomhole for his development efforts.
He said: “I want to appeal to the Federal Government to please cooperate with the state Government, party or no party, to keep working together for the benefit of all Nigerians. All individuals that live here belong to all the parties. I would like to appeal to the Federal Government to cooperate with the state to develop the area.
“I’ll like to thank the Governor for vindicating what I said earlier that I have not really seen any Governor that has developed infrastructure like this one. Now here we are, commissioning a project at night”, he said.

Speaking at the commissioning, Governor Oshiomhole said the project was completed in fulfillment of his electoral promises.
He said “you will recall in several of my statements that we have commissioned sound and reputable engineers to study the Benin water storm project and give us workable document on the basis of which we would deal with the problem of flooding which is a precondition for us to deal and restore the beautiful roads in Benin city”.
“Five junction was typically one of the most complicated areas that had defied solutions over the past twenty five years.
“Over the years when it rains for five minutes, you cannot pass through the area because of the excessive problem of flooding.
“It was called five-Junction as a way of describing complete confusion. Different roads crisscrossing a particular location without a particular order, such that in broad day light you have traffic jam.
“I did say that the responsibility of Government is not to lament problems, but fix it. When people  complain, Government listens, put on thinking caps and deal with the issues.
“What you see now on the surface, only those who knew this place before will understand the beauty you see. The real beauty is not what is on the surface.
“As far as my recollection goes, it took several months and several design options before we took a particular design that translated into what you now see he said”.
The Governor added “this place is going to be as interesting and attractive like Kings Square”. It is still work in progress we have also decided to construct Ewa street as well as Wire road, complete with streets light.
Oshiomhole declared “I am committed not only to sustaining what we have started, we will do more for the people of the state. Our commitment to rebuilding Edo state is total. We have regained the confidence of Edo people.
“As you can see this Five junction is a product of our first year in office. I have heard people say , we will not work in the second term. This and other roads we commissioned today were done in my second term”, he noted.

In an address of welcome, the Commissioner for Environment and Public Utilities, Prince Clem Agba said when they were appointed, the Governor directed them to tackle the flood in the Five junction area.
“In 2010, government commissioned Eureka to do a design that will deflood  the Five junction . What we see today is a design by Eureka of South Africa and commissioned by Edo state Government. The job is paid for by the Edo state government”, he noted.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Governors Forum To Organise Retreat On Accountability For Governors / Abia State Government On A Demolition Campaign / Nobility For Gbonyi 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.