Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan (1849 Views)

Farewell To Zeus: Crowds Turn Out To Say A Heartwarming Final Goodbye To Ailing / Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? / Ever Farted Loud In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan by pumpingmachine: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2013
MTN's Loud In Naija Tour kicked off last Friday in the city of Ibadan with fewer than expected number of people attending the show held at the Tennis Court of the Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba.

Residents who attended the event said the organizers failed to publicize the event very well.

"I think they didn't publicize it well enough," Daniel said. He added: "It was as if the show was organized for the staff of the company who are in Ibadan because all around me, all I could see were people who wore MTN-branded T-shirts."

To attend the concert, the network asked its subscribers to send their names, age and location to a short code after which they would receive confirmation to attend. But some MTN subscribers in the city who spoke to IBPulse.com said they didn't receive any confirmation message from the network.

"I sent the details on Tuesday but I didn't get any message from MTN. I think something is wrong with the platform," Segun said.

"I think something like is bound to happen with such over reliance on a technology that has failed before. They would have had a great show if they had put up billboards at strategic locations across the city or gone on air to ask their subscribers to come to the venue with their SIM packs or something like that," he said.

The organizers also made frantic efforts to salvage the situation but it was too late to get more people to attend, this was worsened by the ongoing strike called by the lecturers thus making students of the University of Ibadan unavailable to attend the show.

The event was anchored by MC Elenu and featured some of Nigeria's hottest musicians.

Click here for more details http://www.ibpulse.com/2013/11/poor-turn-out-at-mtns-loud-in-naija.html
Re: Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan by geeez: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lair

Pictures please

I was in Ibadan at that time for a wedding and I was invited by a friend and the crowd was massive
Re: Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan by deygame: 11:27am On Nov 13, 2013
Lies Lies Lies Lies....This was probably the best show Ibadan has ever witnessed. the crowd was MMASSIVE/excellent and the show was on point. Thank u MTN
Re: Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan by Dmajeks: 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
Not True. Please find attached just 1 picture of a cross section of the crowd in Ibadan> Please verify your facts before spewing untruths online!!! [img][/im
deygame: Lies Lies Lies Lies....This was probably the best show Ibadan has ever witnessed. the crowd was MMASSIVE/excellent and the show was on point. Thank u MTN
g]

Re: Poor Turn Out At Mtn's Loud In Naija Tour In Ibadan by Sloothe(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Actualy, i was at the show. It started realy very late and the turn out was iniatialy low even as at 10pm. But eventualy as time went by, people trooped in. There was massive crowd. Even clips shown on soundcity confirms this.

(1) (Reply)

power of weed / Science Student Can Prove Anything For Ten Marks / See Cartoon Photo Of Buhari Minister And Bayelsa Fmr Gov Hijacking Ballot Boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.