Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife (965 Views)

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 / 'Chibok Girls Will Never Return Intact"- Obasanjo / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by gratieao: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2013
Mrs. CLARA Chime on Monday left the Government House in Enugu claiming she had been under pressure to remain as wife of  the Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime.

She said she would have walked away from the marriage during the period Chime was sick and was away for five months, but remained on “very compassionate grounds.”

Mrs. Chime said her thinking was that the sickness would change the governor’s ways towards her but that he got worse months after his return from cancer treatment abroad.

According to her, on many occasions she attempted to leave but her family members, for pecuniary reasons, insisted she stayed put.

She said even when it was apparent that Chime no longer wanted the marriage, her family would not let her go.

She disclosed this through the mobile phone of one of her male siblings, about four hours after she eventually packed out from the Governors’ Lodge on Monday.

The sibling declined revealing his identity to The PUNCH, but stated that he was one of the few family members who supported Mrs. Chime’s agitation to quit the marriage.

He said if he revealed his identity, it could cause a stir between him and other family members with whom members of the Chime family were still holding meetings on the matter.

He claimed that Chime had long lost interest in the marriage but held forth because he (Chime) didn’t want his image stained.

“So there was no need joining other family members into forcing her to remain in a marriage that he (the governor) was no longer interested in,” said the source.

He said, “Governor Sullivan Chime just wanted to keep her within the lodge for fear that she could open up on certain things she knew about him if she was allowed to leave unceremoniously.”

When the source eventually brought Mrs. Chime on the phone to speak with our correspondent, she said, “I regained my freedom to move around on Saturday and I eventually forced my way out of that place (Government House) today (Monday).”

She said, “I am not the one who is sick, but I became sick because of the way I was treated. There are some things people would do to you that make you sick or even die.”

“After treating myself, I will never go back there again. I will not even wish my enemy to marry in that kind of place again.”

When contacted, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chuks Ugwuoke, said he just returned from Lagos and was not aware.

“I have been away in Lagos and cannot speak on anything I don’t know of, especially when it is a family matter. I will call you as soon as I am briefed,” Ugwuoke said.

Meanwhile, a Lagos-based lawyer, Mr. Fred Agbaje, has called on the National Human Rights Commission to probe further into the issue between Chime and his wife.

Agbaje said in a statement on Monday that as personalities who lived on public fund,

the citizenry deserved to know the truth about the situation and Clara’s true state of health.

He said both the governor and his wife might not have told the whole truth about the issue.

He said, “There must be an end to sinking lies. The Chimes of this world need another fatter lies to cover their present lies. The truth is that one Mrs Clara Chime is ill. To cover her public odium, she was cleverly and unconstitutionally detained by Chime.

“As for the NHRC, they need to do more research into the Chimes’ affairs and expose every unconstitutionalities, not the present contradictory conflicting charade comming out of the commission.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-never-return-to-chime-again-wife/
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by gratieao: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2013
"Nonsense. Yorubas should mind their business and leave the Chime’s alone. Yoruba mouth piece ati SaharaReporters and the charge and bail lawyer Femi Falana has succeeded in breaking governor Chime’s marriage for no justifiable reasons. I don’t know why Yorubas are bad belles and such enemies of progress. They have been trying hard to tarnish the image of the most performing minister in Nigeria Stella Oduah and Chime the best governor in southeast. All this just for Enugu international airport. Yes over 30% of the revenue of MM airport has been diverted to Enugu State. Yes Stella Oduah will keep performing regardless of the bandwagon negative propaganda from the Yoruba media. Shekina".

Amalgamation expires midnight 1 January, 2014!
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by opalu: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2013
Some men are not marriageable sha. If not a woman who stayed with U̶̲̥̅̊ (despite the so-call insanity), why detain her? In marriage, U̶̲̥̅̊ must be ready †̥☺ stick †̥☺ it in thick and thin together. Ladies who dump well-meaning youngmen with prospects †̥o marry wealth, beware!
May God help their marriage!
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Peinstein: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2013
gratieao: "Nonsense. Yorubas should mind their business and leave the Chime’s alone. Yoruba mouth piece ati SaharaReporters and the charge and bail lawyer Femi Falana has succeeded in breaking governor Chime’s marriage for no justifiable reasons. I don’t know why Yorubas are bad belles and such enemies of progress. They have been trying hard to tarnish the image of the most performing minister in Nigeria Stella Oduah and Chime the best governor in southeast. All this just for Enugu international airport. Yes over 30% of the revenue of MM airport has been diverted to Enugu State. Yes Stella Oduah will keep performing regardless of the bandwagon negative propaganda from the Yoruba media. Shekina".

Dude, its okay, things are gonna get better, just hold on and don't put your frustration on others.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Peinstein: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2013
I just hope she comes out openly to make a statement on her marriage, is she in or out, are these reports true or false, tired of hearing this and that.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Ezemarcel(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2013
They have not briefed us on what really transpired,untill they talk I will not say anything....
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Tonitelli: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2013
gratieao: "Nonsense. Yorubas should mind their business and leave the Chime’s alone. Yoruba mouth piece ati SaharaReporters and the charge and bail lawyer Femi Falana has succeeded in breaking governor Chime’s marriage for no justifiable reasons. I don’t know why Yorubas are bad belles and such enemies of progress. They have been trying hard to tarnish the image of the most performing minister in Nigeria Stella Oduah and Chime the best governor in southeast. All this just for Enugu international airport. Yes over 30% of the revenue of MM airport has been diverted to Enugu State. Yes Stella Oduah will keep performing regardless of the bandwagon negative propaganda from the Yoruba media. Shekina".

Guy....you have problems o..serious ones....Clara chime cries out to these people that she wants out, they help her cry out and it ultimately gets her out.you now come here to spew nonsense that they broke the guy's marriage...did u not read what you posted??arent you the op??then you turn it to Yoruba vrs Igbo......you seriously need help...
As someone said in another thread, u dey here dey form Igbo voltron against Yoruba for Internet while in the real world yoruba and igbo are intermarrying...
Get a life.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by gerald09(m): 8:34am On Nov 12, 2013
Wow! So she finally decided to leave d wealth. She for stay now, make d man use her practise boxing. If d woman dat he married for love couldn't change him, y did she fink some1 he married for convenience can.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by dridowu: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2013
Whether she returns or not, d most imp thing is that
once debe is always debe
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by bhidex007: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2013
If Stupidity were to be a crime,the OP will spend the whole of his in kiri kiri.
Tell Mrs Chime to come to we Yorubas,we are good at maximising ur ladies.@ gratieao. Up falana, up fani kayode.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by bhidex007: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2013
If Stupidity were to be a crime,the OP will spend the whole of his life in kiri kiri.
Tell Mrs Chime to come to we Yorubas,we are good at maximising ur ladies.@ gratieao. Up falana, up fani kayode.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2013
Governor chime and his wife issue is a private matter between two people.they should both respect themselves and stop talking to the press about their family problems.Punch and sahara should go back to lagos and leave the chimes alone.there are many broken marriages in lagos if that is what they want to be reporting now.
Re: I’ll Never Return To Chime Again –wife by Danhumprey: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2013

With your own hand,you have succeeded in tribalising your thread. Are you such a die-hard tribalist? Stop giving yourself hypertension over another ethnic group or tribe. Do your kinsmen pay you to be fighting for them? undecided

Granted,it could be annoying to see your tribe being insulted,but there is nothing you can do,not even by engaging in an 'e-war' with other tribes.

(1) (Reply)

APC Mulls Kwankwaso/ Fashola Ticket For 2015 Presidential Election / A Letter To Late Nelson Mandela / We’re Waiting For Sack Letters, Say Defiant Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.